What is required to port an OS to the Joggler?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jazzmista

What is required to port an OS to the Joggler?

Post by jazzmista »

Hi there!
Firstly, let me introduce myself. I'm Jazzmista, and though I've only just registered I have been visiting this forum ever since the last Joggler price drop - it's helped me out several times!

Anyway, I am fairly computer-literate (more of a web developer, but I dabble in Java and VB) and I was wondering how much work it takes to port an OS to the Joggler - can anyone point me in the right direction? I was thinking of porting openSUSE to start off with.

Also, on a side note, I was looking through the Android-x86 Google Code hosting and I found this...
http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/do ... o&can=2&q= . I know it is for Tegra (judging by the filename) but would it be possible to get this running on a Joggler?

EDIT - oops, didn't realise openSUSE had already been ported. </fail> - still would quite like the information though - I'll find another OS to port!
jazzmista

Re: What is required to port an OS to the Joggler?

Post by jazzmista »

Ah, just realised I've misread Tega (a tablet) for Tegra (an ARM-based processor). Looking at the Tega specs, that should make the job a little bit easier! I was wondering why an ARM build was put on an x86 porting site...