Boosting volume of Squeezeplay

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
ordessa

Boosting volume of Squeezeplay

Post by ordessa »

Since I last "rebuilt" my Joggler after a nasty freeze..to O2 screen my Joggler seems to be quieter on its output via the line out/speaker port of my kitchen amp set up...

I thought I remembered a setting in SP that could help (smart gain) but cant find it..

anyone any ideas?
dwl99

Re: Boosting volume of Squeezeplay

Post by dwl99 »

There's a little slider volume control at the bottom of the Squeezeplay window that's easily missed!
verg0

Post by verg0 »

Hi, I have noticed that the native OS on the joggler is 'very' quiet when using squeezeplay, but is ok on ubuntu, Im wondering if there is a software/driver fix for this but cant find anything to fix this, there must be more people out there affected by this than jusm me and you?
gegs

Post by gegs »

My solution is to buy a cheap USB soundcard from ebay. I use one of these http://bit.ly/pyOqgS

Use the modified asound.conf file that sends digital sound to USB rather than analogue to the 3.5mm speaker jack. Search for 'asound.conf' on the forum for file details and instructions. Another method is to use Plug'n'Pimp's tools, since we are using the stock OS, and apply the "USB soundcard with mixer" switch. This will automatically replace your asound.conf file with a suitably modified one. You can easily switch it back if you want.

I have a usb speaker that is quite loud but you'd almost certainly get more volume from mains powered ones.