Tesco API on the Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Tesco API on the Joggler

Post by hawsey »

I just noticed this on the internet from Kershaw Kids website which looks full of interesting projects :-)
It looks like she has made this for the standard OS which may be of interest to some .
http://kershaw-kids.blogspot.co.uk
Attachments
IMG_0373.PNG
Last edited by hawsey on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Joggling
the wife

Re: Tesco API on the Joggler

Post by the wife »

Actually he is a she, but you're not the first to make that mistake :)

Thanks for linking to my blog. I wrote the Tesco app back in 2010 when I got my first Joggler - it did indeed run on the standard OS. Worked great for 5 years or so and got loads of use. Unfortunately Tesco went and changed their API in such a way that I could no longer access it. The changes to the API itself were minimal, but what killed my app was a change to the way the HTTP headers were handled. I only had Flash 5 (ActionScript 2.0) which was old even when the Joggler came out. Unfortunately it didn't support setting of anything in the headers. Shame as I really miss the ease at which I could add stuff to my shopping basket whilst cooking in the kitchen - I use Alexa for my shopping list now.

I loved my Joggler and wrote a few apps for it - all for the original OpenPeak framework. My other favourite app was for BigOven (a recipe database).
bigoven.png
Sadly that one died when BigOven pulled the plug on their free developer API access. After that both of my Jogglers became dedicated squeezebox controllers thanks to the excellent work by roobarb!

I had a lot of fun creating stuff and read a lot of useful stuff on this forum which I thank everyone for. I still prefer the robustness of the Joggler to the tablets I now own and may go back to create something new for it one day.
hawsey

Re: Tesco API on the Joggler

Post by hawsey »

Ahh haa , great to see you on here , apologies for my mistake .
I agree with you about the robustness of the Jogglers , they are still a great little device .
I've had one in the kitchen for years , the BigOven passed me by but looks like it was good .My kitchen Joggler mainly runs Android which still gives some food / recipes via apps , I never tried the Tesco app but that might work to replace the one you did for the standard os .Also recently I've used the Alexa app for the Amazon Echo web interface which shows what music is playing as well as other things :-)
That one is in my living room , also in there I have a Joggler running as a Squeezeplay server combined with a Plex server ( for out and about access to my music ) .
Nice for you to reply on here .

Ps I've edited my first post with the required s ;-)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling