Windows XP still installable?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
tinytim

Windows XP still installable?

Post by tinytim »

Hey

I'm looking to install Windows XP on the O2 Joggler but the links seem to be dead in the wiki.

All the linked forum posts 404 for the software downloads, so I'm trying to build my own from scratch, however I'm presuming at Part 2 I'm going to need the specific Extra Drivers but that link is also 404. Also the bootloaders in Part 4: Patching XP & EFI Bootloader, also 404

Can anybody point me in the right direction for the Extra Drivers and the Bootloaders?

Thanks in advance for your help
mickchip

Re: Windows XP still installable?

Post by mickchip »

I am just in the process of uploading a winrared XP image to my google drive, when it's uploaded I will send you a link.
You will need an 8gb stick, download it to your PC and unrar it, use win32diskimager to write it to the stick.
It is set to use a USB hub, but you can change it so can plug it straight in to the jogglers USB, to do this put the stick in your PC
and open the EFI and double click on the file "Without Hub.cmd", this changes the boot loader to boot straight from the jogglers USB port.
If you still want to make your own image you can get the extra drivers from the image, using a hub with the XP stick plugged in start XP
when loaded insert another stick in the hub and copy the Extra Drivers from C:\windows on to your other stick.

PM sent
Jogglermaniac
snodge

Post by snodge »

Hi. Any chance I can get a copy of your Joggler XP image too? Thanks.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Did you get a copy of XP snodge ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

PM Sent
Jogglermaniac
groovyrob

Post by groovyrob »

mickchip wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:06 pm I am just in the process of uploading a winrared XP image to my google drive, when it's uploaded I will send you a link.
You will need an 8gb stick, download it to your PC and unrar it, use win32diskimager to write it to the stick.
It is set to use a USB hub, but you can change it so can plug it straight in to the jogglers USB, to do this put the stick in your PC
and open the EFI and double click on the file "Without Hub.cmd", this changes the boot loader to boot straight from the jogglers USB port.
If you still want to make your own image you can get the extra drivers from the image, using a hub with the XP stick plugged in start XP
when loaded insert another stick in the hub and copy the Extra Drivers from C:\windows on to your other stick.

PM sent
Hi, any chance you could ping me the link for your XP image too to try out if you still have it? Many thanks.
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

PM sent
Jogglermaniac
inzimam

Post by inzimam »

do you still have this link please?
inzimam

Post by inzimam »