Fried but not Died

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Fried but not Died

Post by hawsey »

After the Thunderstorms on Thursday night I came downstairs to a Joggler with a corrupted screen , I feared the worst but it seemed to re boot OK but with no connection so I put it to one side whilst I sorted the satellite box and TV .
Tonight I've had another look and it seems the Ethernet is fried :-( but after another tinker it seems I can connect wirelessly but not cabled . So not a total loss :-)

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Re: Fried but not Died

Post by hawsey »

Hmm my electrified Joggler has another more serious issue than the Ethernet not working :-) I have just found out it has no sound output either through internal or external jack .
Does anyone have a Joggler with a broken screen that I could canabalise with this one to make a good one ?
It's a shame as otherwise it is fine .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

I think I have one with a corner chipped and cracked screen but it is still working. It is an O2 Joggler. I will look for it.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers Pete , if there is anything in the UK you are thinking about purchasing just ship it to me and I will forward it :-) the UK £ is worth about the same as Monopoly money at present heh he ....

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Give a bit to find the O2 Jogglers. That said I can remove the motherboard and just ship that.

Most of my O2 Jogglers are in a state of disassembly as I did mode them a bit over the years and use them for spare parts.

The back board with the NIC is just hot melt glued in place such that I can just leave it connected (except for ribbon cable) and put it in a padded envelope.

Can you reassemble it over by you?

Steps to remove motherboard

1 - open up Joggler
2 - remove LCD cable. Look carefully as some O2 Jogglers have separate cables from the LCD board to the motherboard. It should really only be the one flat connector.
3 - remove the screws holding the motherboard in place
4 - remove the ribbon cable to the back NIC card
5 - use a small screw driver to remove the board from the back of the case. It is only hot melt glue holding it in place. I have had to re glue a few of these over the years.
6 - done
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Pete ,

Only if you are sure about this and have a spare one to hand and don't need it for spares .

In your own time and I would be fine putting it back together again :-)

Pm me postage etc and I will PayPal you Pete .

Cheers.

Gary....

Happy Joggling