Trashed USB

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
castalla

Trashed USB

Post by castalla »

No idea how it happened ... but got a trashed usb on the Joggler.

It's now write protected and I can't find any way to fiix it ..... grrr
Man in a van

Re: Trashed USB

Post by Man in a van »

pete

Post by pete »

Been using SD Card Formatter here to fix USB / SD cards. Wierd cuz it works with USB sticks for me doing a low level format.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Have you tried the HP Utilities tool ?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xu7zxb6ydgqxf ... k.exe?dl=0

Sent from my Vodafone_SU6 using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Yup the HP USB formatting tool works well on a working USB stick.

That said though it doesn't do a low level format on a USB stick. I have never been able to repair a USB stick until I tried the above mentioned format tool.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

pete wrote:Been using SD Card Formatter here to fix USB / SD cards. Wierd cuz it works with USB sticks for me doing a low level format.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
well .... 2 hours of my life gone ... it won't install as it thinks there's an older version installed. Can't find any way to uninstall the remnants of the older install. Grrrrrrrrrrr..... Chinese software!
pete

Post by pete »

Here sometimes use the trial of .revo uninstaller to remove programs. Do the deep registry cleaning with it. Then remove it.
- Pete

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

Thanks! Revo worked! But SDFormatter can't fix the usb.

Looks like I need to find some cheap usbs which work with the Joggler ....
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

@ Castalla these look good for the Joggler nice and small if you click on the options you can get from 16 Gig for £6.75 to 128 Gig for £18.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... g=ho01f-21
It won't tell me if they deliver to Spain .

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Thanks - got 2 from amazon es at cost of 17 GBP

By the way, I just got a Libratone Zipp - super sound & works well with upnpbridge.

Getting an unused Loewe Airspeaker next week - private buy from Germany - gotta be last speaker buy as it's becoming an obsession and expensive with the Brexit plunge in the Pound (about - 15% at the moment).
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Nice one .
Will have a look at that speaker :-)
Tell me about it , the Euro !!
We are flying out to Alicante this afternoon for Playa Flamenca , got considerably less this year than last , still the beer and wines cheap he heh ;-)

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

It's hot today - 35 C - cooler at 29 C tomorrow and next week mostly sunny

The retail prce of the Zipp is horrendous - definitely need to find a deal somewhere ....
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Here now :-) left a rainstorm in the UK , chilling with a glass of now ...
That speaker looks nice but out of my price range , how does it compare to a Jongo ?
Do report back about the performance of the Lexar USB sticks you just ordered ....

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

As they say ... Benvinguts en Alacanti !
Pretty much tied up next week with medical affairs ... otherwise we could've met up for a beer

The Zipp has a much deeper and quality sound than the Jongos. - set at 360 degree output It's BT, wifi and Airplay - also there's a neat onboard control panel from where you can set up 5 radio favourites.

The android app is rubbish - probably worse than the Pure Connect app. *

If you ever find one discounted then it's a 5 star buy

* I've got Android running on a usb stick on my basic netbook. Easier to use on my tired eyes and brain than a smartphone ... the Zipp app wouldn't install as it's set for phones. I sideloaded the extracted apk which did run but rotated ! Installed a rotation app which forces it into landscape - graphics are squashed but the settings, etc. work fine. That ate up hours of fiddling earlier today, but it was too hot to do anything else.

I ordered 2 Lexars because I have 2 different Verbatims at 8 gb which are sufficiently different capacities that using them as main & backup became impossible. Hope the usb 3.0 doesn't cause issues with the Joggler ... got the whole system running on a very old unbranded 4 gb stick at the moment.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

:-) I'm here for a fortnight a beer would have been good ... hope all is ok your end .
It looks a nice speaker the Zip , quite tall .
I've used USB 3 sticks and they have worked ok , fingers crossed for you .
The build you did for me is now on a 120gig SSD plugged in with an adapter cable and is working great .
The only USB sticks I have trashed were still in warranty and I got them replaced straight away luckily .

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

I haven't tried it on battery yet - claims of 8-10 hours.

Weather looks good for the next week - about 30 all week & sunny
castalla

Post by castalla »

Lexars arrived today - working fine!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers for confirmation of them working :-) yep having a great first week weather is great , some great times with my son and wife .
Tried to smuggle a Jongo over here but SWMBO spotted it and put the kibosh on it so I brought my LiNx Bluetooth instead , it sounds great for what it is but not as good as the Jongo :-(

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Glad you're all enjoying the Costa Blanca. I checked where Playa Flamenca is - quite a way from us - I'm no longer up to journeys of more than 20 km (pathetic as I used to drive all over Europe at the drop of a hat many years ago!).

I'm really impressed by the Libratone as a small portable speaker- excellent sound, good battery life, works as dlna, airplay and Libratone's own system. Such a shame the retail price is so high I got mine at a discounted price from Germany (but then it was really too expensive).

SWMBO was not so impressed! But she's still wedded to the old CD system - which is a nightmare here as the perpetual dust wrecks havoc with CD discs and players!

ps: weather forecast for next week is good - no great change in the offing!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

:-) thanks , yep my wife won't touch most gadgets and is a CD fan still ha ha ....

Happy Joggling