Native OS Icons

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
moka

Native OS Icons

Post by moka »

Can i ask for people to kindly upload the icons they are using on the joggler's native OS. No specific ones, just any non default ones, so we can pick and choose and make our Joggler's more pretty. :mrgreen:
offbeatdave

Re: Native OS Icons

Post by offbeatdave »

Hi! I'll get them uploaded somewhere today or tomorrow. They are actually just .png files renamed .swf.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

I've popped an archive of my icons at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24506919/Joggle ... 202011.tar
Just replace the icon.swf with the desired .png file by copying it into the correct place and renaming it icon.swf and it should work after restarting tango.
Back up the original icon.swf first!
moka

Post by moka »

Thanks alot!
spoyser

Post by spoyser »

offbeatdave wrote:They are actually just .png files renamed .swf.
Well holy moly, I never knew you could do that!
moka

Post by moka »

Haha nor did i, i wouldn't of asked otherwise :D...
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

spoyser wrote:
offbeatdave wrote:They are actually just .png files renamed .swf.
Well holy moly, I never knew you could do that!
So... in that case how do you get an 'pressed' state? The icon should darken when tapped.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

roobarb! wrote: So... in that case how do you get an 'pressed' state? The icon should darken when tapped.
They don't! I'm not fussed about that though as I my fingers tend to cover the area taken up by the icon anyway!
spoyser

Post by spoyser »

Actually it wouldn't be that difficult to create a swf that loads in a fixed filenamed png in the same directory as the swf and darkens it on pressing.

This would allow people to have functioning buttons without having to compile the swf simply by putting the swf and whatever png they want in the same directory!

I might have a look when I get a spare moment!
spoyser

Post by spoyser »

spoyser wrote:Actually it wouldn't be that difficult to create a swf that loads in a fixed filenamed png in the same directory as the swf and darkens it on pressing.

This would allow people to have functioning buttons without having to compile the swf simply by putting the swf and whatever png they want in the same directory!

I might have a look when I get a spare moment!
I got a moment and gave it a try, unfortunately doesn't work :-( looks like the tango frontend just loads in the swf as a button resource rather than actually allowing it to execute, which I guess makes sense.
franko180

Post by franko180 »

Guys, wasn't sure where to post this, but can anyone please assist me? I've been loading some apps on the native OS on a second joggler and found that it didnt full up the second page of icons before it put the next apps onto a third page..

So I have the native OS's first page, then I hit the right button and see a 2/3 full page of icons and have to hit the right key again to view a third screen with the next icons on. Can anyone tell me how to reposition them so they all sit on the second screen?

Thanks

EDIT: Found I had to hold an icon to enter the move menu..... Please ignore the above :)
dmdqlett

Post by dmdqlett »

is there any buy photoshop special for the icon files for joggler ? cheap photoshop