release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised ver

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
wjqwz

Re: release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised

Post by wjqwz »

Attachments
joggler-xp.jpg
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

yeah this is my own custom build, with help from pete its getting awesome
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Can you please give the link to video drivers you used ... Because drivers I used have color problem...
Thanks...
verg0

Post by verg0 »

@ danfoshizzle, can you post the instructions on how to build an xp image from scrach so we can all help out?
pete

Post by pete »

Attached is most current 4Gb image. This one has three configurations for EFI. The set up one is slower but works with the hub. The fast one is included but does not allow booting with a hub (from my testing).

The video drivers are located in the EFI partition subdirectory called drivers and the specific name for the Intel driver directory is:
Intel Corporation US15 Intel Embedded Media and Graphics Driver Function 0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DQANTMY9

BTW I have been able to attach a DVD/CDRom to the Joggler and can see it fine with XP. I haven't though tried to boot from a CD/DVD ROM.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
SuperSaf

Post by SuperSaf »

Thanks for that Pete! Just flashed that image onto my 8GB microsd card. Put it into my mini USB card reader and booted the joggler and it booted up. Didn't take too long to boot but it crawls when trying to do anything. Clicking icons etc. Just restarted so will test again and see what it's like now after first boot. I'll guess the slowness is due to the class 4 microsd card!
pete

Post by pete »

The configured EFI boot is the older one which works with the USB hubs. Its still at 3XXMb of memory but a 5XXMb of a paging file that works. The RW on this one is slower; especially with the USB hub.

The real fast boot up EFI is under the directory in the EFI partition called FAST. This one has 496Mb of Ram and a 750Mb or so of a paging file. Just copy out the files and put in the faster files. It will only boot with a directly plugged in device (not a hub). This is the fast one.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
photize

Post by photize »

Hi well turned on the jog today to try new wifi connection, achieved 150mb great oh the missus has nicked the mouse, plugged in a nikkai skype type mouse with soundcard built in it installed automaticly with internal CMEDIA drivers and Momentarily I had sound from livestation online, I was clicking about and everything was getting slower and slower ............................. I thought I'd reboot,
IT SAYS SYSTEM FILE IS DAMAGED ??
oh well early night thank heavens.
the memory I have is a micro sd 10 16gb but it does get hot .
still the c-media hint might be usefull for a voip phone or bedside skype
D
SuperSaf

Post by SuperSaf »

pete_c wrote:The configured EFI boot is the older one which works with the USB hubs. Its still at 3XXMb of memory but a 5XXMb of a paging file that works. The RW on this one is slower; especially with the USB hub.

The real fast boot up EFI is under the directory in the EFI partition called FAST. This one has 496Mb of Ram and a 750Mb or so of a paging file. Just copy out the files and put in the faster files. It will only boot with a directly plugged in device (not a hub). This is the fast one.
I flashed your image then plugged it straight in to the joggler, no hub, and booted it. Seeing as I haven't got a hub, I'll switch it off and copy them files in. Any speed increase is welcome!

P.S. The touchscreen, wifi, brightness control works great. Expected that I'd need a hub and keyboard/mouse but it's all good without! Straight plug in and everything works :)

Saf
pete

Post by pete »

BTW relating to modification of the image.

Easy to do. I expanded my NTFS partiton to 8Gb using GParted. You can utilize a number of Wintel applications to do the same. Once expanded; just save out the EFI directory; remove it and change remove the boot flag. You should then be able to see the partition if you plug it into a windows box.

Live; with a keyboard and mouse attached you can add or delete programs at will. I've added numerous applications to my base; that's why its at 8Gb now.
- Pete

Auto mater
SuperSaf

Post by SuperSaf »

Swapped the EFI files and boots faster. Seems a little more responsive now but I'm putting the lags down to the Class 4 MicroSD card. Can't do much on it with these lags, need to get a faster USB stick.

photize wrote:the memory I have is a micro sd 10 16gb but it does get hot .
Yup, so does mine, very hot.
pete

Post by pete »

I tried the Patriot "Supersonic Xpress" 8Gb stick. It has some weird lags in RW to. An older Kingston DataTraveler G3 runs a bit better. I did order a 16 Gb SSD/USB drive. They have come down in price. They are a bit bigger than the average USB stick.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

I am back guys, got into a fight with some huge guy because my dog sniffed his leg, bruised all knuckles and very swollen hands, but new release soon i promise
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Hope you are feeling better there Dan. I hate when that happens.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Can't believe he did it, but new build should be faster than last, still tweaking
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Dan,

This happened to you while you were just walking around in London? I'm wondering what's the matter with folks?

I personally enjoyed walking around London; I would get up early for work and make a 10 minute walk 45 minutes just to explore; never saw an issue. I would do the same at night when walking home from work.

I started to write about a friend of mine who had an interesting dog (half wolf/husky); and what it would do with just simple nod ...but rather not write about that.

No rush Dan. Think of the build as a seasoned wine that you've brought to the Joggler community.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

yeah some people are just nuts lol

i have a version of 2003 booting on the joggler now,

enhanced memory optimization anyone?
lol
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Great news Dan!
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

seems fast! testing/tweaking now
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Yeah, due to some WAF; worked on (didn't finish) replacing the kitchen faucet today.

I have to purchase a new tool (I do a lot of that for DIY stuff at home. )

I did originally tell my wife it would take 5 minutes to put in the new faucet. lol.
- Pete

Auto mater