release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised ver

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
pete

Re: release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised

Post by pete »

Photize,

Increase the Fat partition to say 250 Mb. This way you can keep all of the EFI setups. You can save that partition easily as its very small. Using a linux box or a Wintel box; remove that partion such that you can see the NTFS partition and play with that. I do that using the Linux box; gparted.

Odd thing here though; on the 1.8" HD; I can see both NTFS and Fat partition even though the NTFS is primary and active and the Fat partion is primary...doesn't make sense to me but makes it easy to play with the files.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

thats because its a hard disk not an flash drive, windows will only see the first part unless its a modded xp like joggler xp
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
pete

Post by pete »

Thanks Dan. I didn't know that.

I changed the MAC address on the built in NIC such that it survives a reboot. Same thing happening as before though. When I plug in a network cable the Joggler locks up.

I didn't take about the Joggler last night. Feel asleep early.

Moved plants inside from outside deck yesterday. Good though; cuz we had frost on the grass this morning.
Last edited by pete on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

np pete, anything i know i will share just ask mate
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

we hit 29 degrees here today i pray for winter so i can stop melting lol
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Warm there. Here's its starting to cool off.

Yes I enjoyed the snow there in London a couple of years back; my preference was to walk to work rather than to take the tube or take the green cabs. So I did.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

im a winter man, dont do well in the heat lol
more to come!!

photize

Post by photize »

The partition tool I mentioned earlier works I just tested it to change stick in windows , opened the mini sd in the adapter dragged the ntfs partition up a bit , left 500mg below resized the ntfs a bit to 3.9gb to try then dragged the fat to fill the space below the ntfs hit apply waited 3 mins all done and it boots.
D

the system config appears at every boot is that normal ?
photize

Post by photize »

Well got the internet wifi working , I had to put a fixed ip at first , leave it on a while , had a reboot (different reason) wifi straight on, no internet ? reset to auto IP and all well good connection.
Opened Chrome went to duber.com to check the flash 10.3.183.10 GREAT straight to livestation to watch BBC world news (I'm Abroad) TOR next ? D

SOUND only on headphones at present , no worries its a bedside unit lol
pete

Post by pete »

WLAN interface has been working well. I have an application though that doesn't do to well with WLAN in general as it generates a lot of back and forth stuff with the "mothership" server; so the preference here is still to utilize the built in NIC; then maybe later put an SSD USB drive inside where the WLAN USB dongle is. I'm a very similiar issue with my Chumby - Linux based touchscreen custom stuff.

Sound is not as big of a deal and as Dan has mentioned; might be just an ini tweak.

I just noticed on one of the build's I playing with that the screen is elevated a few pixels - haven't seen that with the other builds.

Another piece would be a flexible screen brightness application such that you could run it via command line on booting into windows or from within windows.

This and the current "fast" build would be ideal.

Thank you again Dan for providing the "first" XP implementation to the Joggler!
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

first but hopefully not last lol
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Installed the development Intel video drivers (built into the development package). to see if I see any differences. Two parts defined. Video drivers and video utilities. The video drivers come up differently now in the control panel / system / Display adapter piece.

Just rebooted though; not sure what I will see yet.

The driver package itself is small; but the development package is big. When I tried to install the development package on the USB stick I ran out of room.

I still see video on the reboot. That is a good sign. I want to see if there are more video features displayed for the video adjustments.

This one is build 1839 from February 1, 2011 (older than the one on the image). Looks different.

No difference though in function. Noticed that the included drivers appear to be the same except they are dated September 17, 2011. Will reload those.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Reinstalled the newer Intel video drivers (from Sept, 20011); rebooted.

I also re-installed the Intel drivers; rebooted.

It looks like doing this re-aligned the screen as it fits now with no black bar on the bottom.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

i found making the video driver crash and rebooting also fixes th screen lol
more to come!!

mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Zif connector already on the board is the LPC bus, this is what the bios is connected to, I soldered the 40 pin pata connector myself, for my drive you need a 40 way fpc cable that is reversed.
You can find everything on ebay. Will try the new efi maybe tomorrow.
Jogglermaniac
photize

Post by photize »

Well an update.
Posting this from my XP 2003 sp3 Joggler.
Iam currently watching BBC1 Iplayer from Holland with Tor using http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen the best vid I have had on the JOG (set in normal mode. the wifi seems pretty solid too.
GREAT CHEERS D
pete

Post by pete »

Great news photize! I remember not too long ago partying for the Queen's Day in Amsterdam. Great place and party!

The WiFi thing is more of an application issue than a WiFi issue. It does the same running in Android or Ubuntu. I tried playing some HD stuff locally and the Joggler did fine.

mickchip, What do you have connected to the PATA connector? Were you able to fit it inside of the Joggler?

I wonder if you still kept the EFI on a small external USB stick and the MS OS on the PATA drive if it would load XP?
- Pete

Auto mater
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

photize wrote:Well an update.
Posting this from my XP 2003 sp3 Joggler.
Iam currently watching BBC1 Iplayer from Holland with Tor using http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen the best vid I have had on the JOG (set in normal mode. the wifi seems pretty solid too.
GREAT CHEERS D
How do you get iPlayer to work outwith the UK?
photize

Post by photize »

Hi Download the Vidalia Bundle from Tor instal it run it, go to advance settings where it shows torcc click the edit button, add, ExitNodes {GB} , StrictNodes 1 , on 2 lines, re-start tor with the stop-start button.
Go to chrome search and add ,proxy switchy, go to config, add bbc 127.0.0.1 port 9050 in the socks settings, save.
select it with the world button.
run iplayer select vid and wait......
Great for the F1 live site on race day ..........
D
ITV player also works
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

cheers!