release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised ver

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
pete

Re: release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised

Post by pete »

Its you Dan for bringing us XP on the Joggler!
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

ty ty, (bows) lol
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
verg0

Post by verg0 »

Yeah, its great! I just wish I could get it to work with VM... It would be much quicker to develop and test stuff for this :(
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

sorry dont have a clue how to that
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

do*
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

pete could you try this on your 1.8?
more to come!!

facetook

Post by facetook »

pete_c wrote:facetook,

Which image? The one before the one I posted (posted by Dan) didn't load up the touchscreen stuff. I took his image and let it install a few drivers; IE: touchscreen and generic HID mouse and keyboard. I did this booting up with a different EFI setup. After it was done I reduced the size of the image a bit and re-imaged and posted it above. If you have a mouse and keyboard connection; it'll take a bit to load the drivers. Just wait a few minutes and you will see them come up.
It was this one:
pete_c wrote:I have another setup which is closer to 8 Gb that I have removed the WLAN drivers - should maybe remove the USB stick inside of the Joggler; that might work better?
I noticed a big difference in speed between the USB memory stick and the USB 1.8" 20Gb Hard drive. Noticible but not enough to make me keep the 1.8" drive connected. BUT it would be nice to utilize the PATA port inside of the Joggler.

Uploading to MegaUpload I'm noticing speeds from 250 to 450 kB/s or so. Not sure how fast the downloading will be from the site.

Here is the link for the download.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=57S81G5V

Thought I lost it for a bit; as I shut the browser window before I grabbed the link. So I started to upload the file again and it went back the page with the link. Very impressive.
Even with no hub/keyboard/mouse attached I still get no input, are you saying I should get touch input if it is connected directly? What driver is it installing as soon as it logs on that requires me to reboot? The card reader?

Also, these new modified files in the zip, where do I put them? On the newly written partition?

Thanks.
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

put them on the fat32 part visible on windows, remove the others first
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

pete could you try this on your 1.8?
I've never tried a snapshot image in VM for Workstation. I'll give it a try once I have IP again. I think its just running some sort of agent on the client.

Let me recopy the old ECF stuff and boot up again into windows via the Hub.

facetook
Even with no hub/keyboard/mouse attached I still get no input, are you saying I should get touch input if it is connected directly?
Yes this is the image I let load up all of the touchscreen drivers and with it plugged into a generic hub. But then again it would also maybe have to load up your hub drivers before anything else. Try starting it first without the hub; let it load up the touchscreen drivers. Then shut it down; plug it into a hub and start it again with your hub.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

OK; so I loaded up VMware Workstation 7. There is a "conversion wizard". It saids: "This wizard guides you throu the process of creating a VMware virtual machine, or VMware virtual appliance, from any of the following sources:

- physical machines
- virtual applicances
- virtual machines
- third-party backup images

One of the backup image files listed is Acronis. Let me try to do a backup using Acronis. I am starting to get used to the new fast version.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

in vbox** its possible

To do this is Windows, open cmd.exe (Start > Run, enter: cmd.exe), navigate to "C:\Program Files\innotek VirtualBox" (using the "cd" command), then run this (after placing the .img file inside the "C:\Program Files\innotek VirtualBox" folder):

VBoxManage.exe convertdd file.img file.vdi

Please let us know if you have tried this in Windows and rather or not it worked.

To use it in VirtualBox, create a new Virtual Machine, select "Use existing hard disk" and browse for the recetly converted .vdi file:
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

just tested vbox needs an image of the ntfs partition.. ill keep trying
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

I'll try it also here with Oracle's Vbox as its just about the same as VM for workstation. I did revisit the image that I posted earlier and added a bit more to it. Still keeping it basic.

Would really though like getting the internal NIC working and that is something that has to be done on the hardware running OS.

Once this piece and the sound piece is "tweaked" along with the new faster speeds with the increased RAM and paging file; then the rest could be tweaked with a VM.
- Pete

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Hi all
This is fantastic, just tried the image on a compact flash card via a usb converter and a powered 4 way hub with mouse & keyboard and it booted first time.
I have another joggler that has the pata port and a 1.8 20gig hard drive that multi boots android, meego & ubuntu. When I get time I will try XP off it.
Keep up the good work and many thanks.
Jogglermaniac
pete

Post by pete »

Mick,
Have you tried the newest EFI boot?

Its really quick with a base Ram of 496Mb and a dynamic paging file of around 750Mb. Almost ready for prime time. Did you solder the Pata port?

Dan saids that using the PATA interface to boot windows would be difficult and a whole different endeavor than the current USB boot.

Do you know what the Zif connector on the CPU side of the Joggler known as "J1" is for?
- Pete

Auto mater
photize

Post by photize »

UPDATE AND WORKING:
Just for those people like me that for 2 days read every post 3 times without success????????
This might help:

I am using a 16gb microsd in a tiny scandisk adapter.
I am using the "4GbTestXPJoggler" version of the image. For ages I reformated and re win32diskimager-RELEASE-0.3-r27-binary trying allsorts without success.

try to boot with the stick directly so that you know the stick is OK then.......
1. TRY ALL INPUTS IN ANY GENERIC HUB 1 of them MAy work ! (it needs to be POWERED to avoid MUP Stalling)
Put in the keyboard and mouse.
2. Wait for it to boot , there will be no interaction what so ever, walk away make a cuppa, hopefully the usb hub drivers will install.
Drink the tea ..... Hopefully the mouse drivers will install followed by the keyboard as you can now click on buttons.
3 Enjoy.

If you only have some success reformat re-write plug in hub with kb/mouse and boot then wait..... (5 minutes not all night lol)
David

played withit for an hour quite nice just re-booted
"int 37" error ?????
keep you informed
I'll try the extra memory mod next.....

Hi Ive been trying this for a couple of days both 4gb versions. Always boots, using micro sd 16gb in tiny adapter and also boots in my c5001 hub/ numeric keypad audio unit. but have never managed to get any input even with the keyboard lit up or lenovo wireless , any advise?
Also I am always reading about Partitions etc for booting xp and also Linux every one check this http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-par ... nager.html its free and does everything in windows :-)) D
Last edited by photize on Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

yeah partmag is good software i use it all the time
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

I'm playing with that last 4Gb upload; driver wise. Will test it again and will upload it such that you can boot it via a USB hub.

I have numerous USB keyboards/mouse - will plug them all in such that the drivers load for that image.

Dan has posted a modified EFI such that the speeds are much greater now. I can't get that one to boot via a hub though.

A combo of the two would be ideal. Faster to reboot and test with more memory.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

could boot.ini based, as on my hub it cannot find ntldr
more to come!!

photize

Post by photize »

Cheers guys just reformatted again with the new efi and as suspected ntdetect failed , back to the drawing board D
OVERWROTE the efi from the image in 7 zip and boots as before I'll try unplugging it when its finished its install as last time I went start re-boot !!!
D