release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised ver

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
danfoshizzle

Re: release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised

Post by danfoshizzle »

Yeah sorry Pete bit of a waste of bandwidth there mate if the new download is no good I will reimage. Sorry about that mate
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
pete

Post by pete »

Hello Dan,

The image still doesn't boot to touch. Its fast though; just that the touchscreen isn't working. Looks like I've managed to semi brick my Joggler. It boots to the sticks; but not longer to the O2 Joggler menu.; just hangs at the O2 logo.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

I "unbricked" it as follows in case anyone else wants to know:
I downloaded
http://o2.openpeak.co.uk/firmware/app-o ... eimage.tgz
and ftpd it to a folder on the Ubuntu stick

then in Mac terminal from that folder -

tar xvfz app-o2flash-26635.8686-S3-f1-reimage.tgz
sudo su
tools/bin/partimage -z2 restore /dev/mmcblk0p2 payload/image.myg
tools/bin/partimage -z2 restore /dev/mmcblk0p3 payload/image.myg
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt
cp payload/vmlinux /mnt/vmlinux0
cp payload/vmlinux /mnt/vmlinux1
cd /mnt
md5sum vmlinux0 >>sum0
md5sum vmlinux1 >>sum1
sed -i '3d' sum0
sed -i '3d' sum1
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Roobarb also has a reflasher that is really easy to use Pete should be on this very forum somewhere, still out drinking ay the mo, will reimage again tomorrow. Must of been a bad clone sorry again Pete mate
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Thanks Dan. Yes back to having the original OS. Put the image on a 4Gb stick. Boots fast but still the same with no touch screen.
- Pete

Auto mater
verg0

Post by verg0 »

Hi, ive tryed the 'latest' image but the ntfs partition is corrupt? any ideas... or another link?
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Yeah latest image is corrupt, use previous until tomorrow mate
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

I was able to get the latest image to work. Initially it wasn't seen by the Linux program gparted. I was though able to see the partitions (corrupt) with a windows program. I resized them making them smaller; then larger; then I could see them just fine. I then extracted the data from the NTFS partition. With gparted I just wrote a new USB stick with two partitions; small fat32 (205Mb) and larger NTFS (filling whatever stick).

I then deleted the fat32 partition. I then moved the extracted data to the NTFS partion on the windows box. Went back to the linux box and added the fat32 partion and the EFI pieces. I was good to go then. I was able to boot the USB stick with the hub and keyboard/mouse combo. Initially the touch screen wasn't coming up; after a few updates it came up.

Another thing I noticed is that the old EFI method seems to boot the NTFS partition every boot; where as the new EFI method doesn't always boot the NTFS partition showing that it can't find the boot.ini or a corrupt ntdetect.com program. I don't know why its doing this though. Its easy to play with the two methods on the Fat32 partition since its only a few files and easy to swap the two sets of files on your windows box.

It is a bit slower with the 8Gb USB stick than the IDE drive; but works fine. Sound still comes out of the earphone jack and the NIC while seen without a cable plugged in locks up if I plug in the NIC cable while its on. If I boot with the NIC cable plugged it; then it errors out for for whatever reason. So we are at just these two concerns (speaker and NIC). I've been reading a bit on the speaker piece and it seems that there is some sort of hardware switch in some legacy Sigmatel software which either turns on the earphone jack or turns it off. Nothing so far about just the speaker out. I haven't found anything though on the web relating to the NIC card issue.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

I think maybe the NTFS partition wasn't being seen fast enough for the new EFI boot to work?
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

pete could you upload your fixed image? and also someone has said that changing an ini file gts speakers working
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

I shrink it down to maybe 3.5Gb. Yes...give me a few minutes...
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

cheers pete got pc trouble at the moment wont be fixed for a few hours
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Uploading it now; geez; there are no sites out there to be able to upload a gb file.

Playing some more found out that last EFI setup was never seeing a USB hub for whatever reason. So included and switched to the old EFI stuff which does see the hub. It almost looks like its looking first at the internal ram then first in on the USB bus; then quitting right away. I let it load a generic hub, keyboard and mouse as it also wasn't seeing the touchscreen. This image should boot up such that it sees the touchscreen but doesn't run any of the start up stuff (scripts). I removed outlook express from it and the google updater. I also forgot to put the Joggler backlight brightness control in this one. It would be beneficial maybe to make it boot up with a standard brightness. I currently just remote the brightness in Ubuntu via a xpl script running with a python script and an XPL hub. I started to search about the ini file change for the sound stuff. Odd behavior with the built in NIC. If you boot up without a cable plugged in then it sees the driver and shows the NIC disconnected. If you plug in a cat5 cable then it locks up. If you boot with a cat5 cable plugged in; the system properties just shows an error. But if I look at my network I can see the NIC card/MAC address and its getting a DHCP address; very odd behavior.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

thanks mate, really appreciate your help!
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

try uninstalling your wlan and then trying the ethernet
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

edit its not in my initial image lol
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

I have another setup which is closer to 8 Gb that I have removed the WLAN drivers - should maybe remove the USB stick inside of the Joggler; that might work better?
I noticed a big difference in speed between the USB memory stick and the USB 1.8" 20Gb Hard drive. Noticible but not enough to make me keep the 1.8" drive connected. BUT it would be nice to utilize the PATA port inside of the Joggler.

Uploading to MegaUpload I'm noticing speeds from 250 to 450 kB/s or so. Not sure how fast the downloading will be from the site.

Here is the link for the download.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=57S81G5V

Thought I lost it for a bit; as I shut the browser window before I grabbed the link. So I started to upload the file again and it went back the page with the link. Very impressive.
Last edited by pete on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

i think i read that the ethernet is kinda married to the wireless and shares the mac address. maybe buzz would know. and that pata port is a seductive idea as speed would be awesome.
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Just tried to change the mac addresses on both network devices and disabled the WLAN card. Its still an issue on reboot just about when loading the video drivers (I think?).

I'll just take the Joggler apart; been wanting to do that now for a couple of weeks. Purchased a very small miniature toggle switch for it today.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

getting 600kbps on that dl
more to come!!