release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised ver

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
danfoshizzle

Re: release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised

Post by danfoshizzle »

should be fine, try a redownload and if it is corrupted i will reupload a new file.

cheers
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
pete

Post by pete »

OK; will give it another try.

BTW - here's a quickie video I did of the other setup; which I have a bit tweaked some; still though an issue with USB boot stuff...but only playing with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yht2X8wJHH0
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

liking the w7 style taskbar!
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

and dose your screen fill now? no clipping?
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

No clipping on audio (except its coming out of the earphone jack); plays HD/DiVx fine. I don't understand what you mean about the "screen fill"?

It's a weird hodgepodge image and reboots every time; although USB stuff is still there. I did notice that Adobe leaves pieces of OCX, DLL's and activex components that hard to remove.

The whole image though boots from one of four ports of a small hub but only if the image is on a specfic port on the hub. I am using a small ASIX usb to NIC driver right now. The wireless works except that the touchscreen application is constantly chatting with the main server and I did notice a couple of disconnects overnight.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

on my joggler the image is shifted upward about ten pixels on your vid it seems it isnt
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

My pixel shift is on the top piece of the screen; which is odd considering everyone else's is on the bottom of the screen.

The Touchscreen application window size though is same size as the screen. I will paste a grid on the and see how it looks.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

strange, wonder if being an o2 joggler or an openpeak joggler makes any difference
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Dan,

Downloaded the image this morning again. Looked like a good download; took a couple of hours or so (didn't pay attention). Wrote the image on a couple of sticks. Checked sticks with Gparted and it still not showing any partitions; just showing unallocated for the partition type.

The image write to the USB stick though is doing something odd making the USB stick write protected. Doing a byte wipe of the USB stick now.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

reuploading today..
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Thank you Dan.

Its hit or miss on the writing of the image to a USB stick. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I did get one good write to a 16Gb microsd card. I was able to see the two partitions created with GParted. It would not boot via the USB hub and did boot to XP once. The touchscreen though didn't work and I was unable to input anything. Subsequent attempts to write to a variety of USB sticks failed (4-16 Gb). From the one time booting it did boot up very quickly. Here today have some parrot issues (she's kind of part of the family being 35 years old).
- Pete

Auto mater
SuperSaf

Post by SuperSaf »

Hi,
Been following your progress. I've been trying to image on to a 8GB microSD card but it doesn't work. Not got a USB stick. A couple of portable HDD's but all full! Need to order one... Will it work without a USB hub? Or will I need one for USB keyboard and mouse? Any tips on which USB stick to buy?
pete

Post by pete »

Its hit or miss with the USB sticks, USB hubs and USB HDD's. I just purchased a "quick" 8 Gb USB stick and it didn't work.

So far the best luck has been with a 1.8" IDE to USB device connected to a 4 port hub with additional USB wireless keyboard/mouse, wired LAN, Sound power USB thing. Boots every time. Its kind of how its being recognized on the USB bus I think. This is with the previously posted image. I can't get the newer image to write to the sticks everytime; its hit or miss.

I have the same issues with the Sheeva plugs (Seagate Dockstar and Pink Pogo Plug). Some sticks do a cold boot and others do not. I only use the keyboard and mouse to enter data quickly; you don't really need it. Once configured then I don't really use them.
- Pete

Auto mater
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I've never had this sort of sometimes works sometimes doesnt thing with sticks. there is a thread on here with some compatible sticks though. I use a couple of "super talent pico c". quite small, and have been working well for a year now.
pete

Post by pete »

Thanks Buzz; will try the super talent pico c sticks.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Sorry chaps am out right now will upload tonight though, The new image has been compressed to under a gig for quicker Download, also may upload a copy of 2003 for you guys to try, what do you think?
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ce0b76b/n/jognew.7z

all done through android browser whilst in the pub lol
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Sounds good Dan!

I was able to get the previous image to work by reducing the size of the NTFS partition. For whatever reason it was writing it one sector too big.

So with though I still don't see the touch screen working. It does boot fast and I see some sort of touch screen configuration icon on the taskbar.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

That icon is an osk, it is really lightweight and works well. Touch should work oob as it does on money maybe a bad image
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

I'm about 3/4 of the way thru the download.

I rebooted the previous image a few times hoping that the touch drivers would load; but no luck here. It is fast. It won't boot though from a hub; gets to the beginning of the boot and states bad boot.ini and ntdetect.com. But by itself on the USB port its booting fine. Its booting on a another 8Gb stick I had. The fast one I purchased doesn't even start to boot.
- Pete

Auto mater