release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised ver

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
-=xXx=-

Re: release: xp on joggler foshiz edition (image up)

Post by -=xXx=- »

I trying to lunch my version of XP... but I never passed mup.sys...
pete

Post by pete »

I let mine reboot a few times yesterday. It's loaded all of the drivers except for the NIC drivers. I tried to install them manually but still no luck. I did install the brightness control. I'll make another image this morning of the running setup and post it. From what I can see its loaded all of the sound drivers yet no sound; not sure why though yet and was going to try to reload them to see what happens.

xXx - sometimes it sits a bit at this piece; then about 50% of the screen gets a weird display for a few seconds then it starts to load the GUI. I think the boot speeds / running have a lot to do with the type of USB sticks being used.
Last edited by pete on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

what windows version are you using ?
moka

Post by moka »

I got stuck on mup.sys earlier this morning, i left it for an hour and 15mins.. It didnt move. I didnt do anything to the windows install either... Very strange.
pete

Post by pete »

I'm shutting down mine and will image it right now. I noticed that it appears that on boot up the clock speed is at 199. I added a speed step program and can get the clock speed up. It is faster; but its still doing a lot of RW's to the drive slowing it down. I tried to add a paging file; it kind of works but doesn't. I did a Ram disk thing on the Asus EEEPC that I have and it works well.

I'm imaging it before I add more to it. One other program I am adding is SisSandra to get a better idea maybe on why the sound and nic drivers don't work.

I just tested a CF card image copy and it boots right away (slower though).

I think its going to need a bit of work as Dan stated. With the Atom dual core though it should be pretty quick once the whole RW to the USB stick is done.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
popoyaya

Post by popoyaya »

pete_c wrote:I think its going to need a bit of work as Dan stated. With the Atom dual core though it should be pretty quick once the whole RW to the USB stick is done.
It's not dual core though.

CPU: 1.3GHz Intel Z520 Single-Core, Hyper-threaded, Atom CPU
pete

Post by pete »

Yes; hyperthreading; not a dual core chip; very promising though. Should run XP pretty well once tweaked.

I was able to overclock it to 1.8Ghz. From reading a bit the audio chip is a custom Linux build. I am also having issues with the built in NIC drivers; which also may be some custom Linux version of the realtek nic.

So far still liking the Ubuntu build the best. I am using an application with it written for Android, Linux and Windows. It works fastest so far in the Linux mode (using Mono and SDL). Android build is sans Flash so not currently using it with Android.
- Pete

Auto mater
L11

Post by L11 »

I am also stuck on mup.sys on my second boot. I don't know if it's worth mentioning that I never shut it down the first time (no keyboard or mouse lol)
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

imagine this build as first draft, it needs work and tweaking but its not bad fo a first draft lol
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

audio is installed but only plays through the jack not internal
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

L11

Post by L11 »

Is there any reason that windows 7 couldnt be installed using this method?
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

method of booting is different, we are using a patched ntldr ntdetect.com and boot ini
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Dan,

What's up with the Realtek network drivers?
- Pete

Auto mater
usb

Post by usb »

Oh not sure I want to get into this, currently trying to use various Linux live cds to recover data from my xp machine. Sight of mup.sys and netldr.dll can give me nightmares... by the way it won't be sticking on mup.sys. it is the next driver.
pete

Post by pete »

What did you do to your XP machine there usb?
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

wifi is perfect on mine will try to build a faster xp installation, we can make this build awesome if pull together chaps
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Dan,

Let me know what I can do to help.

I just ordered a faster USB stick (8Gb).

Wireless is working great.

I did create a new image earlier today. I let it auto load drivers for the USB stuff and rebooted it a couple of times. I then decided that it would be too propietary and most likely wouldn't work right on another stick.

I have tested overclocking the CPU to 1.8Ghz and it runs well. I tried to write a page file and it created some issues. I wonder if some space could be alloted in the Joggler RAM for a pagefile?

For a bit today I thought I saw a 199Mhz clock speed under system properties. Just checked again and I am still seeing that. When I use the "over clock" application; then the speed shown changes.

Here's a picture (will install VNC for better pics). Most likely though doesn't mean anything. Also installed SisSoftware Sandra.

- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

thanks for the help pete, yeah virtual memory is a big step in the right direction, making a new image tomorrow should be faster, will keep you informed pete, if you make any progress let us know!
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Here's where its stalling for the folks that have mentioned it. The top half of the screen is my indication that the boot process is proceeding; if I don't see it in a few seconds then I know it will not continue to boot.

- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Did you try microxp version on joggler I can't make it launch...It is small and fast I think it should work excellent on joggler...