release: jogglerxp foshiz edition (image up)plus revised ver

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
moka

Re: release: xp on joggler foshiz edition (image up)

Post by moka »

Not enough power from the single USB port for a mouse, keyboard and the hard drive... no suprise really but it means ill have to use onscreen keyboard.
pete

Post by pete »

Just tried a Microsoft roller track ball. Seems to be seeing that.

I see the virtual keyboard on the screen when it booted before.

Does your setup work with touch?
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
moka

Post by moka »

Touch is not working at all? The screen is also about 10 pixels shifted upwards... with a black bar at the bottom and part of the 'my computer' icon cut off...
moka

Post by moka »

It says in device manager under usb > OpenPeak Touchscreen > 'This device cannot start'.
moka

Post by moka »

Ok fixed the touchscreen, just update the driver in device manager...
pete

Post by pete »

Trying a targus mouse now; lights up but still doesn't move the cursor.

Noticed that I don't have to touch the screen anymore for it to boot; seems to have found its boot sectors.

Now trying a little Lenova wireless keyboard mouse combo...
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
moka

Post by moka »

pete_c, did you download the filefactory link or the torrent? I downloaded the filefactory link, and i cannot figure out why the screen is slightly shifted upwards, yours does not seem to have that issue in the photos you uploaded and im wondering if the images are different... Other than the screen shifted upwards everything else is working perfectly!
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

back now, my joggler shows about ten pixels up, not sure why and touch should work perfect have included a osk and brightness control app is in the first post im working on a alternate xp at the mo which should boot faster. would you like a tut to build your own xp?
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
moka

Post by moka »

A tutorial would be gd yes.

Why does pete_c's photos show the resolution fit perfectly on screen and ours are 10 pixels up... That's very strange.

The touch does work, only after you 'update' the driver in device manager.

ATM I'm experiencing an extremely slow boot up after my first restart... The system feels like speedstep is stuck on the lowest setting or something. Too late to investigate im off to bed. This looks extremely promising.
pete

Post by pete »

That would be great Dan.

I got mine to recognize the Lenova mini keyboard and mouse combo. Just loading up the drivers and fixing the touchscreen. Its finding all of the drivers. Great stuff there Dan!
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

xp booting slow is down to read speeds on different sticks thats my next challenge lol
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

moka

Post by moka »

In my situation the read speed is not the issue. I'm using an external hard drive, the first boot was lighting fast, the second boot was ridiculously slow.
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

cannot comment on usb hdd as do not have one to test but will look into it for you moka
more to come!!

moka

Post by moka »

Could it be..... the cpu going into thermal throttling mode like it does in Ubuntu/Linux? That's what my money's on.

Off to bed. Cya.
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

yes we do need to find how to change throttling issues but on my unmodified jog its still pretty good
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

guide coming soon just give me a couple of days to perfect the process guys and re the throttling if windows is set to high performace mode it apparently does not throttle the cpu
more to come!!

L11

Post by L11 »

Wow. Put the image on a cheap Sandisk cruzer 16gb. Booted up in about 30 seconds! Only problem is I have no USB hub so I can't actually test it! Shame the touchscreen doesn't work straight away as all I wanna do is remote desktop into anyway.. Oh well guess i'll have to wait a couple days for a hub from ebay!

p.s the screen is perfectly aligned aswell..

Just had an idea. If I could view the Windows partition, I could navigate to the start menu and add a command line vnc app to "startup" and voila! But I can't view the Windows partition on another PC, any ideas why?

edit* I guess that wouldnt work since the network drivers aren't actually loaded yet.. Oh well!
moka

Post by moka »

pete_c wrote:It boots very slowly; so you may think its hanging; but it really isn't...just slow booting.

I'm on my third mouse and keyboard; no luck yet with any of them. The last boot it seems like it was trying to load the drivers for the disk; except I had no way to make it go forward.

Now its booting differently; showing an overlay that saids "USBOOT" and RPCSS is starting. Very different from earlier.
When this happened on mine windows went slow as hell.
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Hi...
When you created your version you had no problem with mup.sys, I tried to lunch other usb versions on it but it always stuck at mup.sys. maybe you have the solution ...
moka

Post by moka »

That happened to me aswell... A few times, try a reboot (cut power)... If not, reimage it. That's all you can do really.