Native O.S. add drivers?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
cbredfred

Native O.S. add drivers?

Post by cbredfred »

Is it possible to add additional device drivers to the native o2 operating system(Tango???)?
I have a 5 different USB sound cards that I'd like to get working with Squeezeplay under Tango.
2 (Headroom Total Bithead and FiiO E7) of them work fine.
2 cheapos that play the sounds abnormally fast.
1 that doesn't work at all.
I HAVE DONE THE ASOUND.CONF CHANGES, THAT IS HOW I KNOW 2 WORK FINE.
I also would like to add drivers for a wireless keyboard/trackball and a Microsoft Media Center Remote (IR).
Is it possible to add drivers or is Tango locked down in some way?

Thank you for any help,

Clive
florca

Re: Native O.S. add drivers?

Post by florca »

You might want to try adding a "rate" statement to your asound.conf to reduce the speeded-up playing issues? I was getting various pops and bumps playing 48kHz material through two USB cards (a FiiO E7 and Behringer UCA222) until I changed my file as below. I'd ideally like to find a way for the cards to recognise the source sample rate correctly (the Behringer at least is supposed to support both 44.1 & 48kHz rates) but getting ALSA to do the resampling at least produced something listenable.

# cat /etc/asound.conf
pcm.!default {
type hw
rate 44100
card 1
}
ctl.!default {
type hw
card 1
}#
#

Brgds
Phil
cbredfred

Re: Native O.S. add drivers?

Post by cbredfred »

Thank you for the reply.

I tried adding "rate 44100" to the asound.conf file but unfortunately I then don't get any sound at all.
Any other ideas?