help!xubuntu can not boot to Desktop

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
namco223

help!xubuntu can not boot to Desktop

Post by namco223 »

i download Xubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty) the F2FS version (1.2 GB),and use Win32DiskImager write .img to a 8GB USB stick.Insert the USB stick into your Joggler, and turn the power on. It can not boot to the Desktop.what can i do something.
Attachments
588287250828179769.jpg
Juggler

Re: help!xubuntu can not boot to Desktop

Post by Juggler »

Hi namco223 and welcome to JogglerWiki...

Not been on for a while, so my reply may be a bit rusty :D

I've not seen the messages your getting before. Could be a bad write to the stick.

Try downloading the ext4 version and using that. I have tried the f2fs briefly, and while it is potentially better for your flash, I've found the ext4 version to be very reliable, even with hard resets (power off, no shutdown). I had big problems before with hard resets and a BTRFS version. Some time ago, I think there was somewhat of a consensus here to just use ext4 versions.

Could be you have a so-so flash drive. Do you have another you could try?

I think the minimum size for f2fs is 8gb, however with ext4 it is 4gb, or just 2gb is you go for the server, baseline version.

I mostly use the server version and it is extremely good. BuZz has done some great work and it is greatly appreciated here.

So try some things and let us know how it goes. The pics really help.

Cheers

J
namco223

Post by namco223 »

Hi juggler and thank you for reply

I have tried the f2fs version in two different 8gb stick(I think these two are available ) and the result are the same. the .gz file's md5 value is correct,It is strange.

I have tried the xUbuntu Base/Server ext4 version in a another 4gb stick. it is extremely good

Later I will try the ext4 version for kodi.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

it's possible the f2fs version is broken - I will check. It's a very old f2fs anyway, and has no fsck, so I don't think it's worth the bother. Recommend the ext4 version.