OP2 Software and EFI Difference

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
-=xXx=-

OP2 Software and EFI Difference

Post by -=xXx=- »

Hi,
I have telio OP2, maybe somone knows what's the difference in rom with cisco, avaya, telstra and original.
And if all efi are compatible as I understood Avaya has pata support other not.... Reading the forum I can see that Cisco is not fully compatible...
Any of this firmwares have SIP configuration for dect phone or they use their own, and in which rom is best zigbee tool.
Thanks.
pete

Re: OP2 Software and EFI Difference

Post by pete »

Noticed here that the Cisco / Cisco ROM works videowise with Buzz's Ubuntu. I cannot get a USB XP boot to do audio on the Cisco.

The Avaya ROM doesn't work well on the Cisco device.

The original ROM / 2Gb MMC Flash OS has the SIP / Zigbee stuff. There are tools in the MMC relating to SIP and Zigbee diagnostics.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Interesting :-)

Sent from my Smart Ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Thanks, pete.
Do you have original Rom Backup I would like to try it on my device...Are all roms based on same linux distro or they differ ?
did you ever try configuring SIP on original rom?
pete

Post by pete »

Do you have original Rom Backup I would like to try it on my device...Are all roms based on same linux distro or they differ ?

Yes and no.

Attached are O2, Verizon, Telstra, Avaya, Cisco, Telio and Openpeak EFI boot ROMs. I tried the Avaya boot ROM on the Cisco device and the video didn't work well.

My XPe/W7e/W7/W10 Openpeak devices all utilize Seabios. I cannot get HD audio working on the Wintel builds for the larger Openpeak devices.

Linux Openpeak devices (large and small) now all utilize Avaya ROMs. The large Openpeak devices with the speakers have the EFI boot rom chips soldered in to place so you have to be careful writing to it.

I have had no issues writing Seabios rom to these and updating the MAC's.

Also included is a tool to make adjustments to the ROM files. I have only looked at the files and never have modded them. The Zigbee / DECT stuff is not in the files from looking at them.

The tools for Zigbee and DECT are old versions of linux back and they are in the images. I could zip up the directory of tools if you want?

There is a microSD card trace on the larger Openpeak devices (with speakers in front). I tried to solder a card reader but it is not seen by the device when booting. Maybe it was my soldering / pins configuration?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akj-Oin7_x0rgzbTeAodReFi3O6E
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Thanks... I'll try when I'll have a chance, in the file that you provided there is no full OS backup only efi ? my telio image is very limited so I was thinking to install something more advanced maybe you have a full image ?
for the tools can you please zip them I would like to try.
Thank you.
pete

Post by pete »

Yes the above link only has the EFI boot ROM files.

The original full OS's were either telco or utility. The one's that I played with were Verizon, Avaya, Cisco and two electric utility company boxes. Which one do you want?
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Thanks... I'll try swisscom and see what's inside... For efi you recommend Avaya ? there exist Avaya rom I didn't saw it anywhere...
pete

Post by pete »

The Avaya ROM is in the zip file and called of2_efi_avaya.img.

I think one or two of the ROM's lock out the USB port and try to rebuild the Openpeak device. I don't recall which do this.

It was mentioned that the Avaya rom had the PATA port stuff in it so I just use it. I am though comparing it now to the original OpenPeak 2 labeled ROM and the Cisco and the Verizon labeled ROMs.

Just boot up with Buzz's Ubuntu, copy the ROMs you want to play with to one directory.

I am having issues with the PATA port speeds that I never paid attention to before. While it runs fine it only runs at PIO1-4 speeds and never really runs the OS in UDMA mode.

A boot SSD stick or USB drive runs much faster except for the draw of the 5VDC power.
- Pete

Auto mater
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

I have tried this method on my Telio touch, but we no prevail. here is what I do:

1. make a usb stick with reflash image, but the squeeze OS in the flash catalogue.
2. Putting the usb stick in the usb port back of the OpenPeak unit (telio)
3. plugging in the power supply.

this happen:

- Seeing the Telio logo
- the screen goes blank and the Telio Touch is coming up. So the USB did not boot

On the device i see that I have following:
Firmware: 8931.S4 (boardrev:3)
Software: 30005.S4

What am I doing wrong?

Enrico
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Enrico can you boot up BuZz 's Xubuntu image off an external usb stick ? This does not alter the software already on your device but uses Efi boot .

So rather than try to flash the Squeezeplay OS on to your device , you will boot it up from the stick .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Wrote up the blind booting procedure below.

You will need to write a new ROM before rebooting.

So in retrospect

1 - Blind boot up to one Buzz's images
2 - write a new rom to the Openpeak device either locally or remotely via SSH.

3 - if you want then DD the partitions or whole Gb of storage away and rewrite newer stuff.
- Pete

Auto mater
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

hawsey wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 8:02 pm Enrico can you boot up BuZz 's Xubuntu image off an external usb stick ? This does not alter the software already on your device but uses Efi boot .

So rather than try to flash the Squeezeplay OS on to your device , you will boot it up from the stick .

Yes indeed, I tried also the Xubuntu image, the same problem. Will not boot.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Have you tried the blind boot method with the keyboard attached yet ?

Happy Joggling
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

hawsey wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:20 pm Have you tried the blind boot method with the keyboard attached yet ?

Yes Have tried that also, put the keyboard in different ports on the usb hub
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

And you have Xubuntu on a the usb stick ?
Please describe what you downloaded , how you put it on the stick etc to see if we can work out what's going wrong here .
I'm sure we will get you going here :-)

Once you can boot Xubuntu live off a usb stick then we can work on what to do next , as Pete says , baby steps.
Have you another usb hub to try ? Also USB sticks vary and some don't work .
Also in Windows people (including me) have had hidden file extension issues at times .

Happy Joggling
phlak

Post by phlak »

Hi everybody! I've just found out this forum while searching for the same problem. I have a Telio Touch branded OF2 (the one with front speakers) which has locked out the USB boot.
What I've tried till now: the keyboard method seems to partially work, I mean I succeeded to activate the keyboard which is connected on a usb hub to the OF2's usb port. At the device restart, if I press Escape key many times, it stops the boot sequence and the keyboard responds to key presses.
I tried 'fs0:' + [return] + 'boot' and 'fs1:' + [return] + 'boot'. Both of this commands enter to the internal OS, evend I have connected a USB memory stick with bootable OS (I've tried Xubuntu, Squeeze, reflash). None of them seems to boot.
Is there any way to have it boot from the USB, maybe another EFI command which forces the boot?
Thanks in advance!
castalla

Post by castalla »

Is it a new device? Some versions disable the usb boot on first run of the base system,
pete

Post by pete »

Welcome to the Joggler forum phlak!!

Keep trying maybe..

it would be blind typing with a hub plugged in to the OF2 with keyboard and boot USB stick. The reflash USB stick with OpenPeak firmware version 30300.

1 - fs0: [return] boot [return]
2 - fs1: [return] boot [return]
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

phlak wrote:Hi everybody! I've just found out this forum while searching for the same problem. I have a Telio Touch branded OF2 (the one with front speakers) which has locked out the USB boot.
What I've tried till now: the keyboard method seems to partially work, I mean I succeeded to activate the keyboard which is connected on a usb hub to the OF2's usb port. At the device restart, if I press Escape key many times, it stops the boot sequence and the keyboard responds to key presses.
I tried 'fs0:' + [return] + 'boot' and 'fs1:' + [return] + 'boot'. Both of this commands enter to the internal OS, evend I have connected a USB memory stick with bootable OS (I've tried Xubuntu, Squeeze, reflash). None of them seems to boot.
Is there any way to have it boot from the USB, maybe another EFI command which forces the boot?
Thanks in advance!
Phlak , with a USB hub ( not powered) put the bootable stick in port 4 of the hub .
Then do the blind typing thing and try
The boot fs thing up to boot fs 5
Report back :-)
Have you a Joggler so you know your stick will efi boot ?
Also the keyboard has been an issue for me with number lock being forced on somehow .
Try a different hub also as not all work .
It took me ages to find the correct combo although it does sound like you are managing to interrupt the boot sequence .

Happy Joggling