Facebook not working?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Woodzo

Facebook not working?

Post by Woodzo »

Haven't used my Joggler for ages but found it today in a box and decided to get it up and running again. It's running Openpeak.

The Facebook app won't log in- does the app not work anymore?
offbeatdave

Re: Facebook not working?

Post by offbeatdave »

Just about everything originally installed on the stock Openpeak OS is no longer supported/no longer functions these days. Have a look at the other operating systems such as Buzz's Ubuntu, Roobarb's SqueezeOS or, if you are really keen on keeping the Joggler interface, PnP III. If you use Ubuntu or PnP III you could access Facebook via a web browser.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
Woodzo

Post by Woodzo »

Sorry I should have specified, it's Openpeak 30300 downloaded from this site, not the original OS it came with. Is there no way of getting this to work again?
Woodzo

Post by Woodzo »

I tried out the Squeezebox OS yesterday, which I quite liked but it's centred around music streaming (rather than having a YouTube app or Facebook etc) and also wouldn't play from my Spotify account.

Are there any other things I can install to get something close to the OpenPeak OS?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Android works well but video playback is no good so you could use many hundreds of apps and check your Facebook , just no video :-(

Failing that Xubuntu will give you the full desktop experience with access to YouTube , Facebook etc via a standard web page .

There was also JoliOs but I don't remember if it had Facebook / YouTube but it was more finger friendly , development ended as the os was discontinued but a copy might still be available if you ask on here .
Look in the General , Software section on here and in the first post of each thread.
:-)
Good luck
Happy Joggling