Problems playing 48kHz sample rate

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
vinnielo

Problems playing 48kHz sample rate

Post by vinnielo »

I have PnP III on my Joggler and using Squeezeplay, I get an unsupported sample rate error when I try to play a radio stream that uses 48kHz sampling rate.
I read that some files can be modified to force the Joggler to play them at 44.1kHz.
Does anyone know what needs to be done to get 48kHz streams to play?
I've tried a bit of guesswork in modifying the asound.conf file, but I've only ended up with no sound.
I use an external USB sound device.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
vinnielo

Re: Problems playing 48kHz sample rate

Post by vinnielo »

Can anyone advise?
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

vinnielo wrote:Can anyone advise?
Can't advise vinnie, but if you are using an external usb stick for your squeezeplay why not install LMS on the squeezeplay and do the EDO install.

You don't say what usb device you are using (that info would help a lot) as not all are compatible with the EDO install.

Is the BBC dash that is giving a problem?

Ronnie.
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

Is EDO available on PnPIII?
I can't seem to find it in the menu.

My USB sound device was just the cheapest I could find on eBay! :D
But I've also tried it on an Alesis Core 1 and it still gives me the same error message which made me think it's' a fault of the Joggler / OS.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

IIRC (and I may well not be so don't hold me to this!) the native OS pins the audio output at 44.1kHz in asound.conf. If you're using an external DAC then you may be able to edit that to get it to work, but whether the native OS (which is pretty stripped back) will properly support the device is anyone's guess.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Error

Post by Error »

I had the same problem since long time ago. Today I decided to do something about it and is was easy to do.

I downloaded this program:
http://www.inspire-soft.net/data/mp3-qu ... difier.zip

Converted sample rate from 48Khz to 44.1 and now files work...