Not Dead, Just Busy

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Not Dead, Just Busy

Post by roobarb! »

Just a quick line to let you folks know that I've not run away or died - family life with new baby and new job is totally wild and leaving me with zero time for working on anything at the moment. I fully intend to release a mildly-refreshed version of SQPOS and Something New™ that I was working on last year, but who knows when that will be.

In the meantime, a big thank you to everyone who's been picking up on the questions and queries related to stuff I've released. Keeping the backend up and running is low maintenance, so don't worry about any of that vanishing.

Hope you're all keeping well!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Re: Not Dead, Just Busy

Post by pete »

Nice to here from you roobarb!

I remember those times from many many years ago and am envious.

Enjoy your new baby as they grow up fast and you'll wonder about how fast the time has gone by.

All is well there from here from what I can see from across the big pond.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Great times Roobarb , can only echo what Pete has said , drink up those precious moments with your little one 8-) happy times , projects can wait a while , take care ..
Happy Joggling
acesabe

Post by acesabe »

Congrats on the new baby! I too have newish job and newish baby since my last post, so Joggler projects will have to wait for now, but great too see people are still working on it so hopefully when I get time and inclination, I'll have something new to try on the old Joggler and give it a new lease of life! Not even had time to update/hack my new Geekbox yet, let alone the new mega Chinaphone or even update the OS on this old laptop I'm on!! Will have some fun with the Joggler and other old kit when nipper is a bit older anyway that's for sure (even got an unused Arduino kit awaiting!).

Keep at it guys anyway!
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

ditto for me ! My little boy is six months old now.. and todays the first time Ive had a chance to play .....

plan today, get Ubuntu 14.04 on the joggler again and set it up as a openAS + zoneminder server..

Oh and I got a new job, so I know how you feel!
Been sooo long
Angelo
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Congratulations! :)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Thanks, everyone! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)