Airplay on SqueezeOS enabled; can this be used via Android?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Error

Airplay on SqueezeOS enabled; can this be used via Android?

Post by Error »

Like title says; I enabled Airplay on LMS; is there a way that I can use my Android phone to go to Youtube for instance and let the music play via the Joggler??
jim_lewis1

Re: Airplay on SqueezeOS enabled; can this be used via Andro

Post by jim_lewis1 »

http://gizmodo.com/how-to-stream-anythi ... 1578516449

A few ideas here. I usually find I either have to pay or root the device in order to do this and then lose interest. I think AllCast was ok from what I can remember, but for my use I ended up using BubbleUPnP which isn't appropriate for what you're trying to do.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Error wrote:Like title says; I enabled Airplay on LMS; is there a way that I can use my Android phone to go to Youtube for instance and let the music play via the Joggler??
Why not just use the TouTube olugin ?
Error

Post by Error »

You mean the one in LMS? I tried that before but it wouldn't always work.. You know if it does now? Would be the easiest way ..

However we do a lot on our telephones nowadays so I would love to be able to use airplay as well
castalla

Post by castalla »

It has been updated - a bit fiddly to set up - but last time I used it, it worked quite well.

Personally, I find the phone apps just too cluttered to use, and they drain batteries at a rate of knots!
Error

Post by Error »

Today I was looking into this one: click
This little gadget can be found used in Holland for around €20.. then all android stuff (provided it's equipped with bluetooth) in my house can output to it .
So you play your film, music, whatever on your phone with this device as sound output connected to the receiver. You then have the sound via the reciever and that's what I'm after. One disadvantage is that I have to switch channel on the receiver...

So I will give the LMS Youtube plugin another try then! If it works sufficiently, then that's even better, no switching on the amplifier..
gegs

Post by gegs »

castalla wrote:It has been updated - a bit fiddly to set up - but last time I used it, it worked quite well.
I recently installed the Youtube app and entered the necessary API key, which allowed me to access Youtube channels and content lists. Unfortunately though, it wouldn't play any of the content.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Error, are you trying to achieve what the google chromecast audio would allow yo to do?
Error

Post by Error »

gegs wrote:
castalla wrote:It has been updated - a bit fiddly to set up - but last time I used it, it worked quite well.
I recently installed the Youtube app and entered the necessary API key, which allowed me to access Youtube channels and content lists. Unfortunately though, it wouldn't play any of the content.
what api did you use, and how do that?
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Error wrote:
gegs wrote:
what api did you use, and how do that?
Hope this is clear enough, sorry about the screen shot quality (windows Paint). i need a good screen shot program.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bsm7f ... pi_key.zip

atb

ronnie
Error

Post by Error »

@Ronnie; get Greenshot! superb program!

Will have a look at it!