Hi-Fi system on Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: Hi-Fi system on Joggler

Post by hawsey »

pete wrote:It is very much like a Squeezeplayer server clone. I think it would work on the internal memory.

Just edit the EFI text boot files so they look the the MMC boot ones. It would just be one directory / partition. Booting with Linux just wipe the partition. Format it. Copy the files.

I'll give it a try here. Playing with a beta test right now.
Touch screen , Pete ? Is this for the Joggler to work as a controller for Daphile ? The one I am using is like a server only and has to be accessed from another device .
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

It works as a Daphile squeezebox client to LMS or independantly as a Daphile LMS like server. This afternoon here configured it as a server using the NAS music boxes. You can install Squeezebox plugins et al on it.

Configure it as a touchscreen Daphile SP client.

You can manage the hardware from the Daphile web client and remote play on it from the LMS server or set up another Daphile device to be a Daphile server.
DaphiliaTouch.jpg
You can also configure it as a wireless hotspot for music.
DaphileWPAP.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

pete wrote:@Hawsey

Here I utilized GParted to delete old partitions on an old mini HP USB stick.

I then prepped it and formatted it to Fat32. After that I changed the flags on it to boot and LBA.

Having done that I just copied over the ISO files and mickchip files.

Working with the author now to redo this specific image to add touchscreen alignment stuff.

The new image will be Joggler EFI boot specific and have touch screen alignment stuff.

Fixing up an O2 right now with a mac address and customized boot image. You can do everything remotely via the LAN after configuration.
good news ,can't wait to see the joggler specified version!!! thanks pete
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

hawsey wrote:@Pete and cszhy , 3rd time lucky with an old Play.com 16 gig stick , booted first time but only after it booted on another Joggler first ,
I then tried the others on the 2nd Joggler but no good .

My next success was to get it to boot off an Adata 700 gig external HDD ,
I used dispart on a W7 machine to give me a 15gig and 600 gig partitions ,
I used winrar to mount the daphine on to the 15 gig partition and copied across mickchips boot files and ta daa it booted no problem
next I tried it with two USB hubs but no dice , it would not boot .

Has anyone tried it on internal memory yet ?
Daphine would be nice on internal with an external CD drive and ext HDD attached for ripping CDs ( one of its features )
Joggler is really picky on usb sticks. mine working one is only 1G , I will try some mobile HDD
I think it sure can be move to internal memory like other linux version.
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

hawsey wrote:@Pete and cszhy , 3rd time lucky with an old Play.com 16 gig stick , booted first time but only after it booted on another Joggler first ,
I then tried the others on the 2nd Joggler but no good .

My next success was to get it to boot off an Adata 700 gig external HDD ,
I used dispart on a W7 machine to give me a 15gig and 600 gig partitions ,
I used winrar to mount the daphine on to the 15 gig partition and copied across mickchips boot files and ta daa it booted no problem
next I tried it with two USB hubs but no dice , it would not boot .

Has anyone tried it on internal memory yet ?
Daphine would be nice on internal with an external CD drive and ext HDD attached for ripping CDs ( one of its features )
Joggler is really picky on usb sticks. mine working one is only 1G , I will try some mobile HDD
I think it sure can be move to internal memory like other linux version.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Its a weird thing about the USB sticks , must have something to do with speed .
I ran Daphile without internet access and it presented itself automatically as a WiFi hotspot , I was able to access the graphical interface via my phone and get it to start and stop the one tune it had on there .
This would be ideal for anyone with a large music collection on a HDD without internet connection to have access to all your albums :-)
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Yeah the stock build will not see your built in Realtek NIC unless you update it with the SROM program. The stock Realtek chip is naked and blank with the stock build and never was programmed by Openpeak. That is the way it is. The custom Linux builds posted here was customized for the naked NIC.

I think Daphile will work fine on the MMC. That said though the constant RW's will probably eat the MMC faster. The MMC is soldered in place and you will have not have a choice of media other than the USB stick or SSD stuff after probably a short time. Remember too that the Joggler only has 512 MB of RAM. That isn't a whole lot. IE: running my NAS box today with 8Gb of memory and most of the work today on it is in RAM.

Really testing the use of the MMC is simple. Using Buzz's Ubuntu build; just format the entire MMC, make it bootable and copy the contents of the ISO and mickchips EFI stuff to the MMC. I have formatted the USB sticks here prepped the MBR for a DOS style boot and configured the partition for LBR/Boot and just copied over the files.

Here I left the stock build alone and the media play database crashed after around ~20K songs on the DB relating to some gif or something or another that it didn't understand. Well that and I ran out of space on the 4Gb HP stick. Only a little bit of the 4Gb stick was used for the OS by default.
mediaserver.jpg
mediaserver.jpg (8.89 KiB) Viewed 12371 times
[16-02-05 16:57:10.7503] main::init (384) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, git64e1de0, Daphile 16.01-i486) perl 5.020002
[16-02-05 16:57:26.3758] Slim::Utils::DbCache::__ANON__ (283) Error: DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: database disk image is malformed
[16-02-05 16:57:26.3785] Slim::Utils::DbCache::__ANON__ (284) Error: /var/daphile/mediaserver/cache/artwork.db
[16-02-05 16:57:26.3812] Slim::Utils::DbCache::__ANON__ (283) Error: DBD::SQLite::st fetchrow_array failed: database disk image is malformed
[16-02-05 16:57:26.3837] Slim::Utils::DbCache::__ANON__ (284) Error: /var/daphile/mediaserver/cache/artwork.db
[16-02-05 16:57:27.1328] Slim::Utils::DbCache::__ANON__ (283) Error: DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: database disk image is malformed
[16-02-05 16:57:27.1354] Slim::Utils::DbCache::__ANON__ (284) Error: /var/daphile/mediaserver/cache/artwork.db

I am playing with a beta version with SSH in test mode right now relating to the touch screen stuff. Touch screen works but it is off a bit. SSH though keeps disconnecting me. I have tweaked the SSH configuration of it so it is better. I am doing this on another 4Gb stick and I am thinking I have filled that stick as it is doing the same as the standard release version.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Been back and forth with the author. He is a nice guy from Finland.

I have explained a bit that the Joggler is using first generation methodology of EFI and that is why writing an image to a USB stick will not work with the Joggler EFI regular boot stuff. The stick almost boots with coreboot except for the video stuff.

And yes we know that the Joggler is fussy about the USB port USB sticks. You can see what happens when it is booting and the power disconnects from the USB port on a hub with a power LED on it.

Baby steps here...it does work fine with the files provided above by mickchip.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

OK here are two changes I made. Note that there is no x windows here and just using tslib stuff. Any suggestions relating to the Joggler would be sincerely appreciated.

Note too I am playing now with an unreleased beta version # b061515. Previous beta version # b031732 kept crashing on me. If the touchscreen one works then it'll be a release version that works with the Joggler.

#1 ==> /etc/ts.conf (note here I copied what is on the Squeezeplayer stuff)

# Uncomment if you wish to use the linux input layer event interface
module_raw input
# Uncomment if you're using a Sharp Zaurus SL-5500/SL-5000d
# module_raw collie
# Uncomment if you're using a Sharp Zaurus SL-C700/C750/C760/C860
# module_raw corgi
# Uncomment if you're using a device with a UCB1200/1300/1400 TS interface
# module_raw ucb1x00
# Uncomment if you're using an HP iPaq h3600 or similar
# module_raw h3600
# Uncomment if you're using a Hitachi Webpad
# module_raw mk712
# Uncomment if you're using an IBM Arctic II
# module_raw arctic2
module pthres pmin=1
module variance delta=30
module dejitter delta=100
module linear

#2 /usr/local/bin/jivelite.sh (Note here just added the top three lines. They are not in current build.)

SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb
SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB
SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/mouse2 (note on the Joggler also see a mouse0 and a mouse1 but no touchscreen).

It is not right yet. It is perfect with the mouse plugged it. When I remove the mouse then touch goes off about an inch or so.
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Its over my head Pete , what are we/ you trying to achieve here ? When I get Daphile to boot there is just a screen that says Daphile on the joggler which you acccess from another device and no touch screen or anything like that.
I'm confused ( does not take much :-))
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Just trying to get the Daphile local UI (squeezelite) to work with touch. It is but its off.

You can get see it by enabling it and rebooting.
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Ahh I see :-)
I wonder if Roobarb might have any ideas as he might have come across similar issues when making Squeezeplay os .
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Yeah one of the issues I originally had is that SSH is turned on. That said I had to modify it a bit cuz it would keep disconnecting me.

That and the encryption key changes every time I boot up which is a PITA.

IE: playing today and haven't adjusted SSH such that I have to work fast making my changes to the files mentioned above.

Well too making a change to the files and rebooting it resets it such that I am losing my changes.
- Pete

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

Is it your intention to get this working on a 'normal' joggler (no coreboot, etc.)?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

castalla wrote:Is it your intention to get this working on a 'normal' joggler (no coreboot, etc.)?
Yeah , it is working on a standard efi boot now
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Yes.

He has provided me with a beta test application with SSH enabled.

I have gone back and forth with the author explaining that the EFI boot process is different than current standards of EFI booting; such that we used mickchip's EFI boot stuff. IE: he is reading the forum and tells me that just writing the image to the USB stick should work.

I just tried again to make changes to the files mentioned above. Then I went to the GUI to save set up. Rebooted and lost my changes. It seems though that the application is running in RAM. I can pull the USB stick and keep using it.

Just saw that maybe I can add to the list of development files and maybe it'll save my changes. I am going to add the ssh stuff too cuz it is a pita to remove the keys every time I reboot.

Code: Select all

ED25519 key fingerprint is SHA256:FTXwRtsHj+3CpTc4WcijPWzyRpEK7RPhU93snx/OqhY.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added '192.168.244.253' (ED25519) to the list of known hosts.
root@192.168.244.253's password: 
╭──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╮
│ Welcome - You have just logged into Daphile!                                 │
│ Please remember that all changes performed to the root file system using the │
│ command line interface will be lost during the next Daphile version upgrade. │
╰──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯
daphile ~ # ls
devel.files
So added to the file just now...

daphile ~ # cat devel.files

/usr/local/bin/fwroot
/usr/local/bin/lms-stop
/usr/local/bin/lms-wrapper
/usr/local/bin/changed
/usr/local/bin/beta-update.sh
/usr/local/bin/skinhelp.sh
/usr/local/bin/flush.sh
[b]/usr/local/bin/jivelite.sh[/b]
/usr/local/share/sysconf/defaults
/usr/local/share/mediaserver-init/prefs/plugin/state.prefs
/usr/local/share/mediaserver-init/plugin-download.sh
/usr/local/share/mediaserver-init/plugins/Spotify-linux-v2.2.16.zip
/usr/local/share/mediaserver-init/plugins/cdplayer-linux-v1.08_7.6.ZIP
/root/.bash_profile
/etc/inittab
[b]/etc/tslib.conf[/b]
/etc/conf.d/keymaps
a reboot didn't save the development files stuff.

/usr/local/bin/fwroot
/usr/local/bin/lms-stop
/usr/local/bin/lms-wrapper
/usr/local/bin/changed
/usr/local/bin/beta-update.sh
/usr/local/bin/skinhelp.sh
/usr/local/bin/flush.sh
/usr/local/share/sysconf/defaults
/usr/local/share/mediaserver-init/prefs/plugin/state.prefs
/usr/local/share/mediaserver-init/plugin-download.sh
/usr/local/share/mediaserver-init/plugins/Spotify-linux-v2.2.16.zip
/usr/local/share/mediaserver-init/plugins/cdplayer-linux-v1.08_7.6.ZIP
/root/.bash_profile
/etc/inittab
/etc/conf.d/keymaps
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

I got it.

The write to the media creates a UEFI boot or standard MBR boot. I changed some of it but not booting yet.

The thing is too is that it changes much of what he has done with the application. Not sure if it is really worth spending the time doing this.

That said the EFI boot partition has to point to the OS boot partition. The third partition is a data partition.

EFI FAT boot partition ==> common boot partition ==> data partition

I am redoing it. It is very customized.
- Pete

Auto mater
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

its a really time costing work,thanks
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

pete wrote:I got it.

The write to the media creates a UEFI boot or standard MBR boot. I changed some of it but not booting yet.

The thing is too is that it changes much of what he has done with the application. Not sure if it is really worth spending the time doing this.

That said the EFI boot partition has to point to the OS boot partition. The third partition is a data partition.

Hi Pete ,
Good work :-)
I don't really understand what is going on with this now ha ha , the Daphile on the website boots on the joggler with the files posted on here by Mickchip so is this build you are working on different to that in the way it boots ?
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

pete wrote:I got it.

Hi Pete ,
Good work :-)
I don't really understand what is going on with this now ha ha , the Daphile on the website boots on the joggler with the files posted on here by Mickchip so is this build you are working on different to that in the way it boots ?
Happy Joggling