Hi-Fi system on Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
pete

Re: Hi-Fi system on Joggler

Post by pete »

Thank you mickhip,

Kept playing with grub configuration and I have been able to get it to boot once only in text mode on an Openpeak2.

What did you do to get it going?
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Hi Pete
I used Unetbootin to write the iso to a stick and then added grub.
files attached
Attachments
daphile.zip
boot stuff for daphile
(191.73 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Jogglermaniac
pete

Post by pete »

Thank-you mickchip.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

No need to use unetbooten just mount the iso, copy all files to usb stick then the boot stuff and it works on efi jogglers.
Jogglermaniac
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Nice one Mick :-)
Happy Joggling
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

mickchip wrote:Haven't a clue how to use it but is this what you want.

Yes, thats exactly what I need, Thank you very much mickhip!!!
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

Hi,mickhip
I copy the stuff in the pack to the usb stick with the files in the ISO
but the joggler just can't be booted to the system interface. seems stuck somewhere
which Iso file do you use?
Daphile ISO images:
64-bit x86 – recommended: daphile-16.01-x86_64.iso
md5sum: 26ff5feff3fbfb22c79f0ef5193f5ba3
32-bit x86: daphile-16.01-i486.iso
md5sum: 2e945df60c7129ad28b94031ddb4587c
64-bit x86 with realtime kernel: daphile-16.01-x86_64-rt.iso
md5sum: 43f9e51e8ec247d1fe6a795387c11bde
the files in the usb stick as following, did I put in a wrong place?
Attachments
file list
file list
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

You have to use the 32 bit iso the Joggler has a32 bit cpu.
Jogglermaniac
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

mickchip wrote:You have to use the 32 bit iso the Joggler has a32 bit cpu.
OK,use the 32bit version, but still stucked, do I need to move the EFI file to the EFI folder ?
there is 5 files in the zip, put all in the root folder?
thanks
Attachments
Image 2.png
Image 2.png (5.48 KiB) Viewed 11328 times
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Yes put them all in the root folder, it worked fine on mine. Try a different USB stick jogglers can be quite picky about these.
I have had it working with two other jogglers using squeeze play and it works great synced lounge and kitchen.
Jogglermaniac
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Just found out it will not work on a standard Joggler, the one I was using had the multi boot menu on it.
The only way I could get it to boot on a standard one was to connect a hub with a keyboard and the stick plugged in, switch on the joggler and keep pressing ESC until the numlock light comes on, or if you don't have a numlock light, until the joggler has accessed the stick twice then, type in "fs1:" ( without the quotes ) and press enter then type in "grub" ( without the quotes ) and press enter. It will then boot.
I don't no why this is, maybe someone else on the forum can work it out.
Jogglermaniac
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

mickchip wrote:Just found out it will not work on a standard Joggler, the one I was using had the multi boot menu on it.
The only way I could get it to boot on a standard one was to connect a hub with a keyboard and the stick plugged in, switch on the joggler and keep pressing ESC until the numlock light comes on, or if you don't have a numlock light, until the joggler has accessed the stick twice then, type in "fs1:" ( without the quotes ) and press enter then type in "grub" ( without the quotes ) and press enter. It will then boot.
I don't no why this is, maybe someone else on the forum can work it out.
I will try, Btw How to make the joggler multi bootable? Thanks
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Are you still using Refit Mick ?

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1027

We might need a refresher on how it works :-)
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you MickChip.

Here I went to testing on a virgin O2 "betting" computer that was untouched, modded O2 with Avaya boot EFI rom and modded Openpeak with Avaya boot EFI, modded EFI paritions, RTC add and NIC SROM mods.

Used two different sticks writing to the sticks with Linux

1 - USB stick #1 was a little HP 4Gb stick and USB stick #2 was a Kingspec 8Gb SSD
2 - using GParted removed partitions on the both sticks
3 - formatted a new partition table (MS-DOS) on both sticks
4 - formatted a new fat32 partition to 4Gb and 8 Gb on SSD stick
5 - wrote a boot / lba on the partition on both sticks
6 - mounted ISO (Ubuntu)
7 - copied all files over to usb stick (Ubuntu)
8 - downloaded mickchips zip file above - unzipped to directory on Ubuntu
9 - copied over all files in daphile directory to root of USB sticks
10 - test booted both sticks.
11 - NOTE: it doesn't see the Realtek built in NIC unless you do the SROM update to it. Works fine with the built in Wireless USB stick.

A - Test device #1 was an unmodified never looked betting computer Joggler using a cheap mini USB hub. Booted fine except it only sees the wireless USB device. Tested with cheap little HP 4Gb USB stick and Kingspec 8 Gb SSD USB stick. Both worked fine.

B - Test device #2 was a modded O2 device with an Avaya boot EFI and USB added mods to it and used cheap little USB hub. It too booted fine to Daphile except this time it saw built in NIC (thinking I upgraded this NIC with SROM application). Tested only with HP 4Gb USB stick. Booted fine.

C - Test device #3 was a modded OpenPeak device with an Avaya boot EFI and modded USB hub add, RTC, updated SROM. This one has a modded EFI boot MMC and modded SSD ZIF EFI boot partition. It did not boot with the cheap HP USB stick. I then put in to the side port the Kingspec USB SSD stick and connected my keyboard to my external USB hub that is installed (direct connect modification). It worked fine and saw the NIC card fine. Next tested with the cheap HP 4Gb mini USB stick connected to the side USB port. It booted fine to the Daphile OS but was slower to boot. It also saw the NIC.

A side note...test device #3 now boots fine directly from the PATA port SSD drive with a modded EFI boot partition to Buzz's Ubuntu which I couldn't get to work before. The testing here now has me going to creating a new EFI boot XPe using the original EFI boot files posted here for Mevi's USB boot. If this works then you do not have to update to coreboot; rather you can leave it at the EFI boot rom and boot to XPe. I understand that XPe is old but it is is working fine for me relating to my Automation touchscreens.

HTML screen grab #1 with HP USB stick boot (slow).
daphile.png
Edited the settings to see if it would see my LMS server and enabled player settings and it looks like the SP stuff now on the Joggler.

I cannot get any audio from it yet though. Trying. Looks like you can maybe write the OS to the MMC.

It now boots to the Daphile Squeezeplayer application and it saids HDA Intel MID on the top. No sound yet and touchscreen is a bit off.

OK got it playing streaming internet audio fine. Now trying to get it to play my LMS NAS music.

Drives available
localdrives.png
Audio devices
audo.png
LMS server showing what is playing ...
lms.png
cloudcast.png
Touch is off so went to using a mouse. I cannot get it to save the LMS player stuff. IE: renamed it via LMS, volume controls et al. Everything else though appears to be working fine. It is a nice alternative to using Squeezeplayer on the Joggler. (well too it is a SqueezePlayer clone of sorts plus the Daphile stuff which is very granular controls over the hardware).

Made a bunch of changes to Squeezeplayer stuff on O2 screen. Looks like everything stuck except for the fixed audio setting to 100%.

Got the audio adjustments working fine now. Here are the settings I used. It saves them fine on a reboot.
audo2.png
I sent an email to author this morning about maybe an add for the Joggler touchscreen adjustment stuff.
Got a reply from author of Daphile. Downloading a build with the touchscreen adjustment stuff and SSH configured and will test it.
This said will send build configured for the Joggler back to the author maybe or just post it here.

Here are pictures of the Joggler booting up Daphile.
daphile1.jpg
- Pete

Auto mater
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

mickchip wrote:Yes put them all in the root folder, it worked fine on mine. Try a different USB stick jogglers can be quite picky about these.
I have had it working with two other jogglers using squeeze play and it works great synced lounge and kitchen.
u r right, I tried 3 usbstick and finally got one work, now it's bootable from joggler,thanks
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Nice one Pete , here , i am having my first attempt at getting a bootable Daphile using the above instructions but no luck so far , tried two usb sticks .will keep trying...
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

@Hawsey

Here I utilized GParted to delete old partitions on an old mini HP USB stick.

I then prepped it and formatted it to Fat32. After that I changed the flags on it to boot and LBA.

Having done that I just copied over the ISO files and mickchip files.

Working with the author now to redo this specific image to add touchscreen alignment stuff.

The new image will be Joggler EFI boot specific and have touch screen alignment stuff.

Fixing up an O2 right now with a mac address and customized boot image. You can do everything remotely via the LAN after configuration.
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

@Pete and cszhy , 3rd time lucky with an old Play.com 16 gig stick , booted first time but only after it booted on another Joggler first ,
I then tried the others on the 2nd Joggler but no good .

My next success was to get it to boot off an Adata 700 gig external HDD ,
I used dispart on a W7 machine to give me a 15gig and 600 gig partitions ,
I used winrar to mount the daphine on to the 15 gig partition and copied across mickchips boot files and ta daa it booted no problem
next I tried it with two USB hubs but no dice , it would not boot .

Has anyone tried it on internal memory yet ?
Daphine would be nice on internal with an external CD drive and ext HDD attached for ripping CDs ( one of its features )
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

It is very much like a Squeezeplayer server clone. I think it would work on the internal memory.

Just edit the EFI text boot files so they look the the MMC boot ones. It would just be one directory / partition. Booting with Linux just wipe the partition. Format it. Copy the files.

I'll give it a try here. Playing with a beta test right now.
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

For the Joggler it would be great to have a screen off function , or even say a clock screen saver thing although that is not so important , screen off would be cool though .
Happy Joggling