Logitech Media Server help

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
pete

Logitech Media Server help

Post by pete »

I have had the Logitech Media Server configured on my MythTV box now for a long time and never had had an issue with it.

It is running on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit. MythTV is doing fine.

Just noticed when redoing a scan I lost my music data base and get a wierd error. I can see the NAS shares that are mapped to the computer just fine. (the music shares are configured / mapped via fstab.

I do not see my music anymore and wondering where I messed up. I have kept the box updated and it is currently running newest Logitech Media Server build (October, 2015). The Joggler Squeezeplayer works fine except the stuff related to my shares.

[15-10-28 11:18:01.9595] main::main (202) Starting Logitech Media Server scanner (v7.8.1, 1445336020, Wed Oct 28 03:04:23 UTC 2015) perl 5.018002
[15-10-28 11:18:02.0975] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2125) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[15-10-28 11:18:02.2668] Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (488) Starting Slim::Media::MediaFolderScan scan
[15-10-28 11:18:02.2671] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (174) Discovering audio files in /media/music
[15-10-28 11:18:02.2702] main::main (329) Error: Failed when running main scan: [/media/music: Permission denied at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/File/Next.pm line 217.]
[15-10-28 11:18:02.2704] main::main (330) Error: Skipping post-process & Not updating lastRescanTime!

Line 217 of the Next.pm shows:

BEGIN {
%files_defaults = (
file_filter => undef,
descend_filter => undef,
error_handler => sub { CORE::die @_ },
sort_files => undef,
follow_symlinks => 1,
);
%skip_dirs = map {($_,1)} (File::Spec->curdir, File::Spec->updir);
}

I manually unmounted the share and remounted it but still get the same error.

The FSTab share is the same as it has been for years now:

//www.xxx.yyy.zzz/Music /media/music cifs username=username,password=userpassword,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
karlek

Re: Logitech Media Server help

Post by karlek »

Can you get to your music files via Browse Music Folder and play them from there?

Did you change something in your NAS recently?
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you karlek.

No not any more. The NAS music though is mounted and I can ssh to the mounted directory and see them all. Just not with Squeeze.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
karlek

Post by karlek »

Okay, but ssh <> cifs. Can you mount this samba share from your Myth TV via console? Or maybe the error message gives a clue what's going wrong.
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you karlek.

OK so went to looking at the console of the MythTV box using my KVM remote console stuff. There is an issue.

I cannot see the shares Music, Videos and Pictures shown with the X's in the folders.
filemanager.jpg
I cannot access the shares from the console now.

How do I fix this? I will try to unmount the shares loaded in FSTab and remount them in the desktop console. It doesn't make sense though that they got changed with an update. MythTV is working fine but only shares out the recording directories via SAMBA.

If I log in as pete without doing a sudo su in my home directory I cannot get to the shares:

Last login: Wed Oct 28 11:16:44 2015 from 192.168.244.230
pete@ICS-MythTV:~$ ls
Desktop Documents Downloads Music Pictures Public Templates Videos
pete@ICS-MythTV:~$ cd videos
-bash: cd: videos: No such file or directory
pete@ICS-MythTV:~$ ls
Desktop Documents Downloads Music Pictures Public Templates Videos
pete@ICS-MythTV:~$ cd Pictures
-bash: cd: Pictures: Permission denied
pete@ICS-MythTV:~$ cd Videos
-bash: cd: Videos: Permission denied
pete@ICS-MythTV:~$

Changed the samba share rights to the directories above. Works.

pete@ICS-MythTV:~$ cd Videos
pete@ICS-MythTV:~/Videos$ ls
Back to the Future Ken Burns - The Civil War Stephen King
Christmas Matrix
pete@ICS-MythTV:~/Videos$

I removed the Logitech Squeeze server yesterday and will add it back today.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

I downloaded most recent nightly build and installed it.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.1 - 1445336020 @ Wed Oct 28 03:04:23 UTC 2015

I then noticed again I could not get to the music shares.

Looking at the user configured called squeezeboxserver it's primary group is nobody.

Looks like the nobody group has no rights to anything so I gave it rights (probably too many) and now it works just fine. No more errors such that all is looking fine.

Discovering files/directories: /home/pete (18725 of 18725) Complete 00:00:40
Scanning new music files: /home/pete (10277 of 17334) Running 00:07:08
- Pete

Auto mater
karlek

Post by karlek »

So you sorted that out. Congrats!
And again, it was about the permissions under Linux... :)
Enjoy your music!
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you karlek.

I do not know what happened their with the Squeezebox Server. I never paid attention because it just worked. I did always once a week or so update the box. Unrelated to endeavor also updated MythTV and tried the client on the Joggler Buzz's build. Works great streaming live TV from my in house rebroadcast stuff.
- Pete

Auto mater