Free your Squeezepaly Joggler from cabled amplifier

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
castalla

Free your Squeezepaly Joggler from cabled amplifier

Post by castalla »

Okay - I guess most of us end up connecting the Joggler to an amplifier or powered speakers va cables.

If you want to free the cable connection then you need to look into the LMS plugin called UPnPBridge. This lets you turn a UPnP device into a squeezebox player - a UPnP enabled amplifier, for example.

Or, in my case, I use the tiny Rocki device connected to an amplifier and speakers, as a squeezebox device. The Joggler can be placed wherever as the connection is via wifi to the Rocki player and amplifier/speakers.

I also have the same setup driving paired Sonos speakers - Sonos playing the full LMS goodness!

The versatile Joggler provides a touchscreen control (as well as running LMS) - excellent.
pete

Re: Free your Squeezepaly Joggler from cabled amplifier

Post by pete »

I am living in a small world here these days and rarely venture out to internetlandia which is the beginning of clostering myself...... ;)

What is the Rocki device?
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
January_King

Post by January_King »

Many thanks for the pointer to the UPnPBridge LMS plugin. After a bit of playing around my Joggler is now happily linked to my Sonos system so providing the best of both worlds. I was sceptical about this working but it does - the key is in the Settings page linked from the plugins list in LMS.
Well worth a try if anyone cares to give it a go!
JK
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

This sounds like what I need to allow the joggler to communicate with my cocktail audio which is a UPnP server. However, I didn't find this bridge listed as an available plug in. How can I install it? Thanks
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Is this what we need ?
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=103728

I wonder if this will pick up a Kodi server too .
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Cheers, this looks interesting
karlek

Post by karlek »

hawsey wrote:Is this what we need ?
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=103728

I wonder if this will pick up a Kodi server too .
Exactly. There should be a stable version in the standard repository and furthermore in the thread philippe_44 has published a link to a dev version.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

I was able to get this installed and activated. I am now able to see my Cocktail audio X10 listed as a media renderer in the drop down list of players in the LMS web gui.

I'm not really sure what to do next to be able to access and play tracks from the x10 using the joggler.

Anyone in a similar position?
karlek

Post by karlek »

You'll find the settings and a link to the Manual unser "plugins" in the settings part of the Webinterface.
castalla

Post by castalla »

jim_lewis1 wrote:I was able to get this installed and activated. I am now able to see my Cocktail audio X10 listed as a media renderer in the drop down list of players in the LMS web gui.

I'm not really sure what to do next to be able to access and play tracks from the x10 using the joggler.

Anyone in a similar position?
You can't!

The x10 is now just another player to LMS. It will be able to play your LMS media library - not the other way.

You need to mount/point to the x10 drive/music folder to add the files to the LMS media library.