Brand New Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Hank_Marvin

Brand New Joggler

Post by Hank_Marvin »

Good afternoon.

Recently I purchased an O2 Joggler from ebay (brand new, sealed box :) £30 ), been looking to extend my Squeeze setup for a while, currently have some squeezelite players on pc's and raspberry pi, so anyway the new Joggler will connect to my AV Amp.

So a few questions;

Should I update to the latest openreach software from birdslikewire before an internal squeezeOS install? I read somewhere it was best to do so. SqueezeOS works great on usb. I presume OS on mine is very old as it was still sealed and actually when I first booted it up it wouldn't find a network connection in the initial setup (via lan)

SPDIF - I have got a cliff electronics OTJ-5, but I can't find anywhere which says what pins on the OTJ-5 are what, i.e 3.3v, ground and signal and also on another thread it said the 3.3v wasn't needed for the spdif mod. Thoughts? Just need to get some suitable wire.

Any input would be great!

Thanks a lot.
hawsey

Re: Brand New Joggler

Post by hawsey »

Nice find :-)
If you are going to open up the Joggler anyway and you will not be using wireless I would put Squeezplay Os on a USB stick and run that from the internal port that has the wireless card in at present , then if you really need wireless you could plug a tiny USB wireless adapter in to the side port on the outside of the Joggler .
Alternatively just get a small USB stick and boot from the side port .
I think I am right in saying most are doing this rather than a flash of the internal OS .
Happy Joggling
Happy Joggling
Hank_Marvin

Post by Hank_Marvin »

Seller had three of them, 2 new, 1 used, all went for about the same. Really pleased, very smart looking, so I'm really looking forward to getting the mod done and get using it.

Yes that's not a bad idea, wouldn't really need wifi. Are there preferred tiny usb memory sticks that work fine? Standard one I have really does stick out too far ;)
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Hank_Marvin wrote:
So a few questions;

Should I update to the latest openreach software from birdslikewire before an internal squeezeOS install? I read somewhere it was best to do so. SqueezeOS works great on usb.

Thanks a lot.

Yes.

I use one each of these, usb2 is enough.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruzer-Fit-Flas ... 35&sr=1-19

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Digita ... 35&sr=1-11
Hank_Marvin

Post by Hank_Marvin »

Super, they are small and would look fine in the side slot, will get one, cheers!

Anyone know about the three pins on the spdif socket?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I haven't done the spdif , but here is the wiki
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/Internal_SPDIF_output
Happy Joggling
Hank_Marvin

Post by Hank_Marvin »

Yeah that's the guide I'm following, really handy, just doesn't really mention the pins. Maybe I'll post in the hardware thread.

Thank you
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

There are definitely people on here that will know and be able to help .
Happy Joggling