running ubuntu 14.04 LTS internally?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
asantaga

running ubuntu 14.04 LTS internally?

Post by asantaga »

Is there a version of Ubuntu 14.04 which runs on the internal memory??? or is there not enough to get the latest stuff working properly..

Im thinking that it would tidy up the joggler and we'd be able to put the kernel internally..
Angelo
roobarb!

Re: running ubuntu 14.04 LTS internally?

Post by roobarb! »

Yup, you could use the internal version of SQPOS, then remove SqueezePlay by deleting /opt/squeezeplay and the line that starts it in .bash_profile. Easy! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

Coolio.. However I just noticed that the joggler doesnt have a lot of internal memory.. but.. for my application it might work!
Thanks Roobarb!
Angelo
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

asantaga wrote:Coolio.. However I just noticed that the joggler doesnt have a lot of internal memory.. but.. for my application it might work!
No, with only 1GB it's not exactly awash with space... however, SQPOS does it's best to minimise usage - logs and apt caches are cleared on reboot (some of it is only stored in memory with tmpfs) and there's relatively little extraneous gubbins installed. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)