Ubuntu 14.04 in Seabios mode

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
pete

Ubuntu 14.04 in Seabios mode

Post by pete »

@Buzz

Installed Ubuntu Server 14.04 on one Joggler using the coreboot/seabios today. Works fine in text mode.

What is the easiest way to install your Joggler Ubuntu drivers in this build?

Trying a dual boot to embedded XPe (and W7) and Ubuntu 14.04 with this set up using seabios.

Edit = > Day 2

Started the build with a mini.iso of 32bit Ubuntu 14.04

During the build exited to a shell script and did a chroot to build.

Did the PPA stuff from Buzz and the EMGD stuff. Added the video and network stuff.

Not sure where I am going now as it appears that I am throwing the kitchen sink at it.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
asantaga

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 in Seabios mode

Post by asantaga »

How did this go??
Angelo
pete

Post by pete »

It's sort of a project that I started with one Openpeak 1. I then reused the ZIF SSD for something else.

Lost track when I started to play with the Baytrail Pipo X using the same SSD drive.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Started again with another Joggler Openpeak 1 and a new SSD card. This time installed Ubuntu 14.10 Server.
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Well done Pete , never achieved much with my seabiosed joggler probably down to the usb speed thing , I have not got around to trying Zif ssd etc keep us up to date :-)
Happy Joggling
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

Did anyone get the source code for SeaBios ?

I remember the guy who made it left sort of abruptly and last talked about having issues setting up some sort of a table to get monitors of different sizes to work. But I may be wrong and it was a while ago.