BBC audio changes

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
castalla

BBC audio changes

Post by castalla »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/pos ... ember-31st

I have no idea what the section on listen again actually means ....
roobarb!

Re: BBC audio changes

Post by roobarb! »

All sounds reasonably sensible, though it's not the most clearly written piece in the world. It's definitely time for them to ditch Windows Media. The fees for the Beeb must be horrendous.

What I want to know is what the holdup is with Radio DNS and the info services they switched off and never replaced (except for Radio 1 and 1Extra). Pull your fingers out, guys!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
castalla

Post by castalla »

Looks like it's the end of the line for a number of internet radio brands - let's hope Triode and bpa don't retire from LMS support!!!
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

castalla wrote:Looks like it's the end of the line for a number of internet radio brands
All the more hardware for hacking! ;)
castalla wrote:let's hope Triode and bpa don't retire from LMS support!!!
Yes, triode's iPlayer Radio plugin is my number 1 used thing on the Jogglers. However, these changes shouldn't affect it, save perhaps for some URL changes. AAC is a more sensible format for the Beeb to use anyway, and that's what the iPlayer plugin defaults to.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

Going from discussion on the slim devices forum shouldn't be a problem, for UK users at least.