Calender

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jamfe599

Calender

Post by jamfe599 »

Hi everyone,

My first post :D , anyway, I am only really interested in the calender function of the Joggler, and by that i mean i would like the homepage/fIrst thing i see when i touch the screen to be the calender, with maybe a list to the side of what is happening in the next week.

Dopes anyone know if this i s possible, as i do not want to buy one to find out it cannot be done. I do like the other features, but my other half doesnt really like gadgets, but wnats something in the kitchen tha twe can both use as a planner, with minimal touches/ navigation to get to the calender.

Any info much appreciated

James
JimbobVFR400

Re: Calender

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

TBH I mainly use mine for Squeezebox duties but worst case scenario you can install a Linux distro and set the Browser to autostart with the calendar as the homepage.

Alternatively you could install Android and set the calendar app to autostart and/or add the calendar app to your desktop.
pete

Post by pete »

Yup here with Jogglers sprinkled like rabbits everywhere I still use the paper calendar on the refrigerator with the attached little erasable marker.

It is written that the Google Calendar application is the best.

That said my preferences relate to non internet dependencies for my personal stuff.

That is my personal thing though and today I am not tethered to my mobile phone; never have been though.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

Hi

Your not really asking for a Joggler to do that much, and I thought that there was a calendar and list/to do sharing app on the Joggler. Fraid I have never really used the Jogglers as they are intended to be. Perhaps have a look at the forum and see what is said about the apps that come on the Joggler as standard and have a look at PNP3 as well. It is also possible to run Chumby apps and the Joggler, I believe, and there is quite a few apps. Again not really looked into these.

I think a lot may depend on how much your prepared to tinker and get your hands dirty. But that is really the best feature of the Jogglers is that they are just so hackable. I'm still amazed by them and how much I can get out of them.

If you wanted to try something different, the Linux Mint distro, BuZz has produced is good for the touch screen, then you have a Linux distro you can do with as you please. I think there must be some good calendar and planner apps. If you do an internet search for apps like this that run on Linux and check for Linux Mint and that would be a start. If you'd like to see how it looks, come back here and if someone (I will, but I have spurts of forum presence, then am absent for some time) is happy to do it we could install it on one of our Jogglers and let you see the screen shots and ask some more questions. I don't have mint on a stick, but it doesn't take that long to get one up and install the apps you want.

If there are apps you like that run on Windows, the Joggler can do that too - (XP and 2K3 server).

HTH
Mcja9543

Post by Mcja9543 »

Hi I'm new to Joggler. I would like to setup calendar but it will not accept o2 passwords...it seems to add more letters on my password log in.
Question how do I set up my calendar?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hi , welcome to the forum , i assume you are trying to use the calander on the stock operating system ?
What is it that you would want to use your Joggler for as well as the calander ?
Radio/ Picture frame , mini TV ?
Happy Joggling
Mcja9543

Post by Mcja9543 »

Hi thanks for the reply. I want to use it to the max. I am looking through the forum and now understand that I need to update to use google as my calendar. I have a hard drive to obtain the correct software....so any advice would be helpful at this stage?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

If you are not bothered about video or TV , There is a version of Android that works well on the Joggler that will give you Google calander , radio apps etc .
Other operating systems that work great are Ubuntu (Linux) this will give you Kodi (Xbmc) etc and is a full blown Operating system : Squeezeplay OS , this works great for your archived music and gives you radio as well as lots of other stuff .
Windows XP will also work .

The above mentioned OS es you download from the software section , extract then write on to a USB stick and they will just boot up from that :-)

There is also a great update to the original OS called PNPIII but unfortunately things on that are starting to stop working now so initially I would try the first things I mentioned .
Post back in the thread for what you are wanting to try and we can help you further .
If the stuff I mentioned sounds daunting , it is not , really :-) and we all started off like like like like you .
Good luck
Happy Joggling
Mcja9543

Post by Mcja9543 »

Cheers matey...I'm on it. Daunting yes it is but tenacious I am...
Mcja9543

Post by Mcja9543 »

Sorry to be a bit dumb but can you give me guides on how to transfer the docs?