SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
pete

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

Post by pete »

Very nice mickchip!

Same here relating to game playing. Geez though do recall playing Star Trek on a terminal and Teletype machine many many years ago.

I have family in Toulon (auntie live in the hills there overlooking the air force base) and I stayed in Hyeres one summer in the 1960's.

Hyeres was where I tried to dig up a Roman road marker on a little stone path to an old Colosseum that sat abandoned and forgotten ...dug all day thinking I could just put the road marker in my baggage to return back home....endeavor started by looking for snails along the road (dinner that night).....
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Jetpac

Post by Jetpac »

Hi guys im having a few problems i was hoping you could help me fix.

Im running SPOs on my jogglers and they are plugged in 24/7. But if they are not used for a little while they seem to lock up. They will respond with the screen going on, but the software locks up frozen. Is there any solve for this?

Im also struggling with the castbridge. I can connect fine and it will play the connected sound but then no sound plays any ideas?

Ta folks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
castalla

Post by castalla »

What is the stream format in castbridge? Which codecs are listed?
crystalgipsy

Post by crystalgipsy »

Jetpac wrote:Hi guys im having a few problems i was hoping you could help me fix.

Im running SPOs on my jogglers and they are plugged in 24/7. But if they are not used for a little while they seem to lock up. They will respond with the screen going on, but the software locks up frozen. Is there any solve for this?

Im also struggling with the castbridge. I can connect fine and it will play the connected sound but then no sound plays any ideas?

Ta folks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My Joggler does the same if left without use for a while. Have to reboot the thing 2-3 times a week.
hansel

Post by hansel »

Jetpac wrote:Hi guys im having a few problems i was hoping you could help me fix.

I leave mine all on 24/7. Two of them with screen off. One as alarm clock with screen on. None have an issue with frozen software (not even when my youngest plays one of her favorite Frozen tracks...). I have SPOS installed internally.
hansel

Post by hansel »

Anyone know how to do translations? Some of the menu items need work. Where and which files need to be edited?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

As usual I'm a bit confused , do I have to log in to Logitech to have access to other apps like upnp bridge ?
I assume I do ,so do I log in on the LMS Joggler and then that will log them all in ?

Sent by SlimKat FirePhone
Happy Joggling
crystalgipsy

Post by crystalgipsy »

Having real issues with the player on SQOS it just seems to stop working you can interact, choose the songs etc but nothing plays. I have to relaunch the OS and that seems to fix it. Anybody got any ideas, what can I check?
castalla

Post by castalla »

hawsey wrote:As usual I'm a bit confused , do I have to log in to Logitech to have access to other apps like upnp bridge ?
I assume I do ,so do I log in on the LMS Joggler and then that will log them all in ?

You need to have LMS running. You access LMS via the web-gui (joggglerIP:9000).

Upnpbridge is a plugin - it has to be installed. It is then accessed via Settings - Advanced - UPNPBridge. You need to 'register' the Jongo as a upnp device by creating a config file . Once the Jongo is 'seen' then you have to modify its parameters.

Once that is done, then the Jongo will appear as another player to LMS.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Is there anything that would have stopped the screen going to sleep on my Joggler running SQP Os ? i noticed it a couple of nights ago and re boots have not rectified it .
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

hawsey wrote:Is there anything that would have stopped the screen going to sleep on my Joggler running SQP Os ? i noticed it a couple of nights ago and re boots have not rectified it .
Not that I'm aware of.

Arde you controlling the Jongo via the Joggler screen, or via the LMS gui ?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

castalla wrote:
hawsey wrote:Is there anything that would have stopped the screen going to sleep on my Joggler running SQP Os ? i noticed it a couple of nights ago and re boots have not rectified it .
Not that I'm aware of.

Arde you controlling the Jongo via the Joggler screen, or via the LMS gui ?
What i mean is when you leave the Joggler on the screen used to go off if it wasnt used for a while and came back on when touched.
To control i usually use the Joggler
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Check the Settings - Screen - various options ....

all I can suggest, sorry
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers , that's sorted it , weird thing is I didn't change anything , I went in to scree, n , then within a few seconds it went off and had worked OK since , this is what I want , strange :-)
Thank you

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Good!

A bit discomboobilated here as hospital visits not as positive as we had hoped .... so more tests, etc. next session on Monday ...
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Good luck ,and thanks .
Happy Joggling
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

castalla wrote:Good!

A bit discomboobilated here as hospital visits not as positive as we had hoped .... so more tests, etc. next session on Monday ...

Good luck from here too. ;)
pete

Post by pete »

@castalla, you are like family here on the forum.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family dear fellow Joggler!

/pete
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

Thanks, Pete!
Paul Webster

Post by Paul Webster »

@Castalla - best wishes to your wife from me too.