SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
JonTheNiceGuy

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

Post by JonTheNiceGuy »

joggly wrote:is there a way to customise weather and clock applet for screensaver? Got bored :-). Also how to correctly enter weather location?
You could use the "Photo Frame" screensaver, and build the content into there using something like PHP+ImageMagick?

I started looking at doing something around that in https://github.com/JonTheNiceGuy/PhpImageClock about 3 years ago!
joggly

Post by joggly »

Thanks but looks like out of my league :cry:
JonTheNiceGuy

Post by JonTheNiceGuy »

joggly wrote:Thanks but looks like out of my league :cry:
OK, so to be fair, it's not exactly the easiest bit of code to wrap your head around... but, the actual body of the code is in lines 1 to 70, the rest is something to pick files to add as the picture, and making it point the right way. The actual bit to add text to the picture is on Line 55, and this line tells you what to write on the image (which is currently the output of date('H:i d/m') = "14:33 13/12")
joggly

Post by joggly »

Hiya,

I looked in your examples and could re use your code with slight modification. But problem is don't have any server running 24/7.
plm

Post by plm »

Is there an easy way to back up and then restore a configuration for SqueezePlay on SqueezePlayOS? I just managed to inadvertently corrupt one of my Jogglers and had to re-flash it. It would be great if there was a relatively easy way of restoring all my preferences for menu orders, etc. to mirror my other units.
shadow1901

Post by shadow1901 »

Hi all

Can I activate the bluetooth in Openframe 2 device?
I want use my bluetooth headphones.

Regards Shadow1901
pete

Post by pete »

Here have only tested out a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I do have a few bluetooth headsets as I would utilize them while traveling in the 2000's.

I would pace the length of the aircraft sometimes on long flights and test out the range and these worked fine end to end for me.

Favorite one's were the Motorola larger style. Will charge them up and give them a try.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
shadow1901

Post by shadow1901 »

oh cool, then try it.
But you are sure, that you can activate the bluetooth device inside the joggler?

Regards Shadow1901
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hi , Merry Christmas , anyone trying any Amazon Eco /dot stuff with Jogglers :-) ? I see a Dev going on @Castlla any luck ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Yep. The hab-tunes skill is under development .... stalled for a while because of plugin bugs.

I;ve found the tunein radio streams is okay - but useless if you try to access 'foreign' stations

Amazon Music Unlimited is good = the Echo-only subscription doesn't work outside the UK - had to sign up for the full sub.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Ahh that's a pity , you could always VPN for UK :-) .
Today I have been messing and it (the echo ) works really well , I have it reading out newsflash and playing radio etc .
Castalla are you messing with the echo squeeze play stuff that's in development ? If so , how is it going ?
Exciting stuff .

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

I cancelled my deezer sub (hardly ever used it) and switched to Amazon Music.

The dev. is awaiting fixes to the LMS plugin by the author. I have the actual skill installed on Alexa, but it does nothing without the plugin .... I'll update when things get moving again. The first version is pre-pre-alpha essentially to test how basic functions work.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Ahh , no good for me yet then . Yes I'm using Amazon music on the go as well but only have the free one with Prime , it's pretty good .

Happy Joggling
NickC

Post by NickC »

Hi all, and happy end of 2016. Great to see life in the forum - I've been using 4 jogglers and LMS for the last 5 years for music, and very recently messing about with Echo, Raspberry Pi, Arduino. Just stumbled upon open source HomeAssistant - got it loaded up and expected to start working on amazon Echo stuff but it immediately found a couple of the jogglers. Each one's icon offers a power switch, play or pause and the options for each offer things like text to speech.

Anyone know whether any of these things should work, out of the box or otherwise? Very exciting times... too many things to play with :roll: , need to focus on one! Have a handful of usb web cams and often thought I'd like to use the jogglers in each room to detect movement... any thoughts welcome.
pete

Post by pete »

@Gary,

Here utilize Amazon Prime for much these days. Been using Amazon Prime now for a few years (before the Amazon Echo).

IE: Wife now buys our toothpaste from them.

Prime membership here across the pond provides free 2 day shipping on everything you order from Amazon. AOD (Amazon on Demand) et al.

What does UK Amazon Prime offer?
  • Unlimited one-day delivery on your Amazon orders in the UK
  • Unlimited video streaming of 15,000 TV shows and movies through Amazon Prime Instant Video (formerly LoveFilm)
  • Access to Amazon's music library, with unlimited downloads and streams
  • Prime Photos for unlimited photo storage on Amazon Cloud Drive. You also get 5GB of cloud storage for other types of files.
  • Access to 800,000 free e-books
  • Borrow one of over 500,000 titles per month for free on any Kindle device
  • 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals - including Prime Day.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

@NickC,

Here I utilize modded Jogglers for automation. Modded with 16Gb SSD drives and booting embedded Wintel or Linux running automation touch consoles, text to speech SAPI voice fonts and Wintel VR with a side of Amazon Alexa (the tower), Alexa automation app and a side dose of Kinect.

The Jogglers are like rabbits here. I have three in the master bedroom. One on each nightstand and one in the media cabinet doing SPer.

I have historically attached Logitech Webcams to them and they work fine. I also use them for streaming CCTV from Zoneminder.
- Pete

Auto mater
NickC

Post by NickC »

@myself - yes it does work out of the box, controlling volume, power and next track on all jogglers in the house. Text to speech works on one joggler only at this point and it seems to be stuck on the first message I sent it yesterday so more investigation to do there.

@Pete - that's great to hear re home automation and webcams etc. sorting out my IP CCTV is also on the list. Do you have a thread where you've described the what and how of your achievements in those areas to date or are you willing to PM some guidance? Don't want to reinvent wheels that are already successfully rolling for you :-)
pete

Post by pete »

I did not ever post a particular thread about doing CCTV with the Joggler on this forum. I have tinkered with CCTV now for the last 20 or so years.

Here have always used Zoneminder for my CCTV. Zoneminder today is running on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit server.

I used to stream SD video and have analog cameras plugged in to the Zoneminder box. I did mostly transition to HD IP cameras and continued to use Zoneminder. Best streaming views for me related to using VLC in Linux or Windows. If you put W7 (embedded) on the Joggler you can also run a Zoneminder client called ZMNinja which works well.

Google CCTV forums for information on new IP HD cameras, NVR's with firmware or NVR's running in software would probably be your best bet.

Note too that the Joggler only has 512Mb of memory and is running on a first generation Intel Atom.
- Pete

Auto mater
riban

Post by riban »

roobarb! wrote:
castalla wrote:I think the sources have been taken offline. Very irritating. You'll need to replace the sources that were:

Code: Select all

http://ubuntu.datahop.net/ubuntu/
with:

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
You can do this with the following command:

sudo sed -i.bak 's/ubuntu.datahop.net/archive.ubuntu.com/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
castalla

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame - open a port

Post by castalla »

Help needed !

I want to access LMS from outside the network.

How do I go about opening the appropriate port on sqpOS? Is there a firewall?

Need basic advice!

Thanks