SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
castalla

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

Post by castalla »

No luck. Have 3 confirmations from others that the app won't install on android 2.3 (either direct from Playstore or sideloaded).

Pure say it's Google - nowt to do with them. I managed a log of the install, it fails because the UUIDs are mismatched (?) and because the file transfer allocation is too small (?).

I think it's Pure's sloppy programming (because other big installs work okay) but they aren't going to admit or fix it.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

hawsey wrote:Hmm thats weird , i know that this stick can boot an Os on the Joggler only thing different is i am on W10 now , will try on a W7 machine tomorrow !!
Its doing my head in now ha ha , i dont want to mess with this stick until i have a workable backup after what it took to get to this point :-)
I got backed up :-) thanks again Win32 worked but only on anothersmaller 16 G stick , you were right , the one that wont work on SQpos was a 32 Gb !! but i know it works on other Os distros ;
the Joggler USB thing has always perplexed me , the usb hub port 4 thing is also weird .... anyway , got there in the end so now i can fiddle further without losing all .
Cheers .
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Good joggling!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Well I am so happy with my multi room set up , I now have a good copy of my LMS and I am ready for more fiddling .
Ages ago I tried and failed to get Plex Media Server installed on the Joggler within Xubuntu
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2026
Now that you guys have helped me get the hang of Putty/Win SCP I feel I could probably get there now .
Is anybody else doing this ?
So ideally I would like LMS running as is and PMS installed on the same Joggler , this is not essential as I have 3 Jogglers running 8-).
The music would stay attached to the HH5 as it is now , also I will probably never be playing music at the same time from each server .
What do you think ?
The reason for me wanting this is the ability to have access to my stuff when out and about and Plex does this really well ...

Sent by SlimKat FirePhone
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Here have been able to run Plex Media server on my combo MythTV / LMS server just fine.

Thing about Plex that I like is the built in transcoding.

That said not sure if the Joggler will be able to do this stuff as on the Plex web site requirements are:

As a minimum, we recommend:
Intel Core i3 (or equivalent) or faster
Note: While Plex Media Server can install and run on a computer with a slower processor, you might not have a very good experience, depending on your usage.
Generally, any modern computer should meet that minimum. However, if you will have multiple people accessing content simultaneously and you'll sometimes require transcoding of content during playback, then you may well need something faster than the minimum.
If your computer's CPU is not powerful enough to keep up with transcoding your media, you will notice pausing or buffering as the app waits for the server to catch up. We have additional information to help you figure out what kind of processor you might need for your own particular usage.
RAM

In general, Plex Media Server doesn't require large amounts of RAM. 2GB of RAM is typically more than sufficient and some installs (particularly Linux-based installs) can often happily run with even less. Of course, more RAM won't hurt you and will certainly be helpful if you're also doing other things on the computer.

You got me playing with Plex today. I utilize two recorders today. One is MythTV and the other is VDO.

I installed Plex on the VDO box today.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hmm that is a possible no then Pete :-(.
I would still like to try it though as music might not require the transcoding power of video and it would be great to access my music out and about with a server drawing as little power as the Joggler does .
I wonder would you just install the server with Squeeze play Os or would other programs need to be installed as well with it being based on a cut down version of Xubuntu .

Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

pete wrote:Here have been able to run Plex Media server on my combo MythTV / LMS server just fine.

You got me playing with Plex today. I utilize two recorders today. One is MythTV and the other is VDO.

I installed Plex on the VDO box today.
Pete are you running these on the Joggler ? just re read your post ,
Cheers
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

I stream video today on the Joggler using the MythTV media center and or KODI. Audio probably will not be an issue with Plex.

I will give the Plex media player a try on the Joggler to see how it does with video.

I have run LMS on the Joggler before and it worked fine.

First I want to increase the size of the mini USB device as I have run out of space on the Ubuntu Joggler. I had a small 4 Gb USB stick and it is too small.

I don't want to utilize the 64Gb SSD yet for the Ubuntu build.

Basically dividing up the Ubuntu build now to:

1 - 16Gb SSD
2 - 1 Gb MMC
3 - 16/32 Gb USB mini stick.

If I go higher on the USB stick then it would work for saving more stuff. It is just modding the FSTAB and moving root partition stuff around.

Also have micro USB sticks that work with microSD cards (which I have a few of now in 16Gb, 32 Gb and 64Gb sizes). It is smaller than the mini USB stick that I am playing with now.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

I also have a multi room setup, LMS & Plex on an Aopen mini pc + three room setup with more to come.
Attachments
Lounge setup
Lounge setup
Kitchen setup
Kitchen setup
My home built bar setup
My home built bar setup
Jogglermaniac
pete

Post by pete »

Very nice Mickchip!
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Great seeing Jogglers in their "Happy Homes "
I think I'll start another thread for this , I'll post my 3 I've got set up as well .
Got any cask ales Mickchip ? I'll have a pint ;-)

Happy Joggling
crystalgipsy

Post by crystalgipsy »

Hi I am new to the forum having just added a Joggler to my Squeezebox eco system. So I now have 1 x touch,1 x squeezebox radio, 2 x pi running PicorePlayer and 1 joggler and 2 Pure Jongo's on order. The joggler I got on Ebay for £28 and is working great but I have had it lock up completely once and from some reason I cannot get the display to turn off properly. I have set up the screensaver section in screen to turn display off for now playing, when its off and when stopped like I have on my Touch. Also have the display off setting to turn screen off after 10 secs of inactivity. If I use the power button it goes off properly but if left playing or left idel it will just go black but with backlight still on. Anybody else get this, is there something else I have to do?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hi and welcome to the forum .
Nice little set up you have there you got that Joggler for a good price 8-) be warned you will have more than one soon , they tend to breed quite quickly , ive got 4 but ones a test Joggler without a stand and I "need" another heh he .
I'm not sure about the backlight , mine seems to go off when left idle then on when you touch it but its not by my bed , its sat in the living room with other lights on , I'll check tonight and report back .

Just switched all the lights off in my room with a Squeezeplay Joggler and I can't see anything so the backlight must be off
Last edited by hawsey on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Joggling
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Just found my old Haupage dvbt stick 2000e, comes with a server which works over network and internet.
Pictures are of it serving live TV over the internet to one of my jogglers.
I now have LMS, PLEX AND TV. (whats next)
Attachments
TVCenter DistanTV server 1
TVCenter DistanTV server 1
TVCenter DistanTV server 2
TVCenter DistanTV server 2
Jogglermaniac
crystalgipsy

Post by crystalgipsy »

hawsey wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum .
Nice little set up you have there you got that Joggler for a good price 8-) be warned you will have more than one soon , they tend to breed quite quickly , ive got 4 but ones a test Joggler without a stand and I "need" another heh he .
I'm not sure about the backlight , mine seems to go off when left idle then on when you touch it but its not by my bed , its sat in the living room with other lights on , I'll check tonight and report back .

Yep gotta love ebay, also got 2 jongos for the price of one. I have Squeezelite on 3 android devices too but dont really use those for playback just as remotes. Gotta love the squeezebox ecology and community bet Sonos will never get this kind of love, Really like the joggler a a device, having that large screen is such a bonus and the audio out is not bad, not hifi but beats the pi on its own but not with a decent dac/amp. Be great if you could confirm if the screen does go off on yours. I did notice on the pi I have with a touchscreen has done the same the odd time, but on the joggler it's all the time. As I got this one for my daughters bedroom to replace ailing ipod shes moaning about the light it gives off at night so if I can fix it alls well.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

mickchip wrote:Just found my old Haupage dvbt stick 2000e, comes with a server which works over network and internet.
Pictures are of it serving live TV over the internet to one of my jogglers.
I now have LMS, PLEX AND TV. (whats next)
Good work :-)
is the TV stick running connected a Joggler ? If so what os is it running ? Is it just hooked up to a TV ariel .
Looks cool

Happy Joggling
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

This is all running from my Aopen Digital Engine server, should be able to watch the F1 GP while I'm on a cruise next week.
Jogglermaniac
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Ahh , I see , cheers

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Very nice mickchip!

Where you cruising to?

I like those Aopen Digital engines.
- Pete

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Staying on this side of the pond this time,

Mon 09-May-2016 BARCELONA, SPAIN 17:00
Tue 10-May-2016 PROVENCE (TOULON), FRANCE 08:00 17:00
Wed 11-May-2016 CANNES, FRANCE 08:00
Thu 12-May-2016 CANNES, FRANCE 16:00
Fri 13-May-2016 FLORENCE/PISA(LIVORNO),ITALY 07:00 19:00
Sat 14-May-2016 AJACCIO, CORSICA 08:00 17:00
Sun 15-May-2016 CAGLIARI,SARDINIA,ITALY 08:00 17:00
Mon 16-May-2016 AT SEA
Tue 17-May-2016 SICILY (MESSINA), ITALY 08:00 17:00
Wed 18-May-2016 AMALFI COAST (SALERNO),ITALY 07:00 18:30
Thu 19-May-2016 ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA), ITALY 05:00

Also have a hotel stay at either end of the cruise.

Likewise with Digital Engines, versatile and fast enough for anything except games (which I don't really play)
Jogglermaniac