SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
castalla

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

Post by castalla »

Artwork is usually in the same folder as the music files (by artist) - or sometimes it's embedded in the files themselves (somehow). The actual art file should be named folder.jpg. I'm no expert on this!

(if you are interested, you can 'easily' update LMS (there are frequent updates to the version you have). To do this you need a decent version of putty which lets you paste ... does that putty thing you have allow paste?)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks , yes ha , thats what i was doing on my phone but it was a bit of a fiddle i admit .
What advantages do the updates give ?
i think i need to work out how to copy my stick on to another first for back up purposes :-)
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Okay - when ready. Updates either fix niggles, or add new features.

A backup - what I do is use windiskimager - in principle you create a file on your PC by reading the usb stick. You can then write the new PC file to another usb stick. There may be other ways to make a copy.
joggly

Post by joggly »

re automount USB drive. A quick debug showed no volume label :lol: . Schoolboy error :oops: (easy to overlook label/volume name formatting drive), gave drive a label/name and all fine now.
JonB

Post by JonB »

Would like to draw your attention to http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 793#p25793

I can't get it to connect to wifi. Tried suggestions from this thread but no dice... can someone advise on the other thread please?

Thanks
jonB
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Man in a van wrote:
Man in a van wrote:Managed to do a quick install last night, using a stick with v301 internal OS.

I was not able to connect the Squeezeplay via either Wireless or Ethernet for some reason. I gave up as it was getting late.

So: SqueezePlay installed;

Filesystem mounted on /dev/mmcblkOp2

Size Used Avail Use%
935M 577M 310M 66%

LMS i386.deb installed (no Plugins)

Size Used Avail Use%
935M 780M 107M 88%

Apparently I did this in January this year (according to another thread).

Refreshed this install today with SqpOS v3.0.3.

Resolved the connection failure by restarting the Router.

The completely configured install leaves 57M available, Used is 94%, so I guess that any LMS upgrades would involve a purge and re-install.

I tried an update today, and as I thought, not enough room on the internal memory to perform that function.
root@openframe:~# dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1460119815_i386.deb
(Reading database ... 40527 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1460119815_i386.deb ...
Stopping Logitech Media Server.
Unpacking logitechmediaserver (7.9.0~1460119815) over (7.9.0~1459712283) ...
dpkg: error processing archive logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1460119815_i386.deb (--install):
cannot copy extracted data for './usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Media/Scan/Scan.so' to '/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Media/Scan/Scan.so.dpkg-new': failed to write (No space left on device)
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Making sure that Logitech Media Server is not running first: start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 647: No such process
No process in pidfile '/var/run/logitechmediaserver.pid' found running; none killed.
Starting Logitech Media Server.
Errors were encountered while processing:
logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1460119815_i386.deb
root@openframe:~#
castalla

Post by castalla »

Hope this doesn't affect the Joggler .....

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... post850756
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hope not , I just really got started :-) is it worth mentioning anything to him ?
If it does affect the Joggler the method Pete just found out about giving the Joggler an actual MAC address might be of use maybe but it does involve Core / Ses Bios ing the Joggler , running the tool then reverting back to Efi boot : then also the spoofing Mac thing that SqPos uses would have to be removed or tweaked , just thinking out loud here ;-)

I'm not having much luck taking an image of my stick you helped me create , it copies but then fails on boot up after the Squeezeplay boot screen , I tried twice and same result , will try again ...

Sent by SlimKat FirePhone
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

You know that the joggler can be very cranky about certain usb sticks - I can't get any over 16gb to boot.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hmm thats weird , i know that this stick can boot an Os on the Joggler only thing different is i am on W10 now , will try on a W7 machine tomorrow !!
Its doing my head in now ha ha , i dont want to mess with this stick until i have a workable backup after what it took to get to this point :-)
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Did you use windiskimager - ?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Is that the Win32diskimager ? , thats the one i use to write Os images to disk but when i looked to copy a usb i could not find an option to do it so I have tried two other programs and they have worked as in they have created an image and I have written the image but it just doesn't fully boot up :-(

Could you link me to the one you use please or tell me what version it is .

Cheers

Sent by SlimKat FirePhone
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Win32diskImager - make sure the usb to copy is plugged in before you start

In image file box enter something like c:/backupJOG.img - then click on read. This should copy the usb contents tho file.

Exit win32diskimager.

Plug in the new usb stick

Start wdm again

Search and load the c:/backupJOG.img file

Click on Write

This should produce a new copy on the usb

Exit wdm

Remove usb

Try in Joggler

Hope this helps.

-------------------------

ps: know any friends with an old 2.3 android - ask them to download Pure Connect ? I need more 'fails' to pester Pure !
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

castalla wrote:Hope this doesn't affect the Joggler .....

One just needs the latest version of LMS

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightl ... hp?ver=7.9

Ronnie
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Man in a van wrote:
castalla wrote:Hope this doesn't affect the Joggler .....

One just needs the latest version of LMS

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightl ... hp?ver=7.9

Ronnie
At the moment, there appears to be a problem with the Spotify App at MySqueezebox.com.

I have asked Michael Herger at

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... post850820
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Update;

Well apparently the Joggler is spoofing the MAC address ( I thought this practice had been stopped)

Here is the reply to my question,

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... post850827

I have taken it off the register at MySqueezebox.com.

Ronnie.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Man in a van wrote:Update;

Well apparently the Joggler is spoofing the MAC address ( I thought this practice had been stopped)

Ronnie.
What makes you think it was spoofing? Spoofing refers to devices using the 00:04:nn:nn:nn:nn addressing. Is that what yours had?
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

castalla wrote:
Man in a van wrote:Update;

Ronnie.
What makes you think it was spoofing? Spoofing refers to devices using the 00:04:nn:nn:nn:nn addressing. Is that what yours had?

Well MH has said that spoofing the MAC address was causing a lot of the problems, and you can see in his thread that he wants to stop that occurring.

He also says that a pi with a hifiberry dac qualifies as a firmware player, that's is why I thought it OK to ask about the Joggler, as I think it is not different.

I thought that the Jogglers used to spoof the address (because when doing the install one always got lots of players in rooms that did not exist, and sometimes in different languages). I thought that had been stopped a while ago.

Anyway I have checked two Jogglers that I am running at the moment and neither have the correct MAC address showing in the LMS (I always thought the MAC address was unique).

Ronnie.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Well, there's the Joggler mac address and then there's the player mac address - it's the player which gets registered at mysb.com.

Squeezelite lets you set a mac address - I think that's what was being spoofed by people. I admit there's always been a problem with the Joggler players getting registered at mysb.com. You can usually spot something is wrong when you end up with weird menus - I've even seen a mix of English and German menus due to macs being reassigned.
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

castalla wrote:Well, there's the Joggler mac address and then there's the player mac address - it's the player which gets registered at mysb.com.

Squeezelite lets you set a mac address - I think that's what was being spoofed by people. I admit there's always been a problem with the Joggler players getting registered at mysb.com. You can usually spot something is wrong when you end up with weird menus - I've even seen a mix of English and German menus due to macs being reassigned.

Yeah, the MAC address on the Boom and the MAC address for the BOOM on LMS are the same, because the Boom is Logitech hardware.

Non of the Raspberry pi or Odroids that I have had connected to MySqueezebox.com (presumable because they all run Squeezelite) have ever been able to playback from MySqueezebox, only the Joggler.

I have now cleared all my non Logitech players from MySqueezebox.com and I'll do a fresh Raspberry install over the weekend and see If I get a Squeezelite registration.

I have an old Windows XP laptop and I'll see what happens when I put SqueezePlay on that.

any luck with yer androids? :)

Ronnie.