SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

Post by hawsey »

@Castalla , first of all , thank you so much for guiding me through all this , i really do appreciate it .

he heh thought you hadn't noticed my phone screen shots ;-) I've only got a 10" Linx 1010 and the phone to play with and it was easier to use two devices , JuiceSSH on the phone and WinSCP on the tablet (with keyboard ) .
When the mancave gets built I'll have a desktop with two screens , honest .

Thanks for not laughing at my music collection also ha ha....

Its all scanning in now , I skipped the bit where it said log in to Logitech was that ok ?

What are folks using to back up their USB sticks on Windows ? I think I need to do that after all this hard work (by you not me )

@ Man in a van , the raspberry pi was my backup plan for doing this , hope you sleep well tonight .
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

The advantage of entering a logitech account is that you get access to some apps .... apart from that, not much.

Remember, if you add new music files to the drive, then you have to rerun a scan for LMS to pick them up.

Hope it all goes okay from now on.

Sorry it seemed so convoluted to get there - but linux is unforgiving, and any mistype, etc. can cause chaos!

Cheers.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Ahh , righto , i will just leave the ligitech account for the mo then ; ive had a look and a few are showing up on the Joggler now so its looking good .
I love Linux and the whole ethos of it but always find myself just doing a copy and paste job , never getting that far in to it , some day maybee ;-)

Thanks again ...
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

I'm no expert at linus - much like you - copy paste. I quickly forget the specifics of commands and have to re-google stuff to reactivate the brain-cells.

My latest project has been getting a Pure Jongo S3x speaker set up to run as a squeezebox player! Almost there - excellent sound from such a small box - better than the Sonos Play1, imho. But that's another story.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I've just had a look at those Jongo speakers , now they look real nice , and quite a reasonable price too... would they work in conjunction with a Joggler ?

My Squeezeplay stick for the joggler is 16 Gb , ive read somewhere on the threads about re sizing , do you think i should do that ? i'm worried there wont be enough space to store the data off my music collection ...
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Resize is a good idea BUT it's a bit complicated - you need a PC which can boot to a usb stick to run a dedicated version of Gparted. I think Man in a Van can best advise on this.

Essentially the Jongo just appears on the Joggler as another Player which you can control from the Joggler screen, or any other app like OrangeSqueeze, etc.

You have to set-up the Jongo using the Pure software first - then you need the UPnPBridge addon running on the Joggler LMS - set up a specific configuration for the Jongo, and hey presto another squeezebox (as far as I can tell after a day of testing!).

I had to get mine from the UK as the local prices are horrific. The advantage for us is that it'll work during a power-cut (of which we have too many!)

I've done the same for a whole range of devices - Sonos, Pioneer speaker, etc.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Kogin to joggler using putty

type

df -h

This gives info on how the disk is being used

Might give you an idea of how much space you have left
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheeers , that did the trick , there is plenty of space at the mo , where about are you in the world ?
Do the power cuts not kill your squeezeplay os on the Jogglers ? i found that just one power fail kills mine :-(
If you ever need anything sent over to you that wont deliver to you i would happily oblige just give me a shout ..
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

I'm 'living the (so-called) dream' in Spain - if the EU referendum goes badly, we'll be ending up at Dover with a couple of cardboard suitcases and then straight down to the DWP for welfare .... we're likely to lose free healthcare and it'll cost us at least 500 quid a month for basic cover!

Don't get me started! Thanks for the shipping offer .... I'd kill for some proper fish'n'chips !
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hmmm , I know what you mean , I have my fears it will not go well , the only people motivated to vote are the ones that want exit , all the media have fed us for years are scare stories about the EU . My opinion is that it is not a question for normal citizens , we have not got enough knowledge for these sort of decisions , is that not what we ellect MPs for ?
I think I am now clogging up this thread if I haven't don't it already , ha .
We are off to Playa Flamenca ourselves in the summer :-)
Adios senior.....
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Totally agree ... trying to turn back the clock is crazy in the present world situation. It''ll take a decade to stabilize the economic situation. Greenland is the only country to leave the EU - they only had to negotiate one trade deal on fish, that took over 3 years negotiating with 12 other members ... and now they are considering rejoining!

The EU is far from perfect but being IN at least gives a chance to change things. OUT is really out in the cold facing up to other trade blocs and countries .... alone.

That's my last word - ler's get back to joggling!

Cheers.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

So last night I shut down the LMS Joggler we just set up and this morning I switched it back on and all looks good , music is there etc

When I look in my Library only about 30 artists are showing from A to Z but there is a music folder and everything shows in that (a lot more than 30 !!)
Is it likely to be the way I have my stuff labeled being the issue or is it worth trying another scan again from the laptop ?
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Could be how you have the files tagged. What format are they - mp3 or other?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Answered my own question , I re scanned and now they're are starting to show up .
The formats are various , mainly mp3 various bit rates to flac , will the Joggler running this play the flac ones ?
They were all tagged up properly for xbmc a few years ago .
Just looked and its up to E in the alphabet now , chugging away nicely :-)
Happy Joggling
joggly

Post by joggly »

hawsey wrote:So last night I shut down the LMS Joggler we just set up and this morning I switched it back on and all looks good , music is there etc
How did you switched it off? I used shutdown menu to move to different place and joggler refused to go past boot screen :cry: . Setting up all again :( .
castalla

Post by castalla »

hawsey wrote:Answered my own question , I re scanned and now they're are starting to show up .
The formats are various , mainly mp3 various bit rates to flac , will the Joggler running this play the flac ones ?
They were all tagged up properly for xbmc a few years ago .
Just looked and its up to E in the alphabet now , chugging away nicely :-)
Flac - think so.

If you add new files you don't need to do a full rescan - there's an option to scan only for new and changed files
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

joggly wrote:
hawsey wrote:So last night I shut down the LMS Joggler we just set up and this morning I switched it back on and all looks good , music is there etc
How did you switched it off? I used shutdown menu to move to different place and joggler refused to go past boot screen :cry: . Setting up all again :( .
I always use the menu now , one power fail and my sticks break so I think back up images are a must for these once set up :-)
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hmm , Does LMS change any files ?
I'm looking at the scanning log and it says removing deleted files 42 of 42 , also it looks to have scanned all the music but is now going back through for the .jpg files is that about right ?

Sent by SlimKat FirePhone
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

It won't delete any fiies - it will remove database entries (for some reason). The first scan is always a pain (depending on how many files you have). It will also scan for any album artwork.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers , took 7 hours to scan in , I've spent the evening listening to random stuff from my collection with a glass of vino :-) , very enjoyable I must say ...
Radio 6 working , FLAC files are fine .
Where would the Artwork , LP covers be stored please , one or two are poor quality .
The sound level could be a bit higher on my headphones but I do have about 20% reduced hearing so its probably fine for most people , and this won't be an issue through my amps and speakers 8-).

Sent by SlimKat FirePhone
Happy Joggling