SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
themystical

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

Post by themystical »

castalla wrote:I can advise about cifs for the fstab.

You need to set up a mount directory using mkdir

Do you have root access?
Ok so I have looked into this a bit more. Roobarb's applet does write to Fstab, however the share doesn't mount.
So I installed CIFS-utils and tried the line in Fstab for mounting with CIFS that works with the original version of SqPOS (yes I have another Joggler). The share still refuses to mount with a "refused permission" error probably because of the changes in the underlying version. I tried various formats of the Fstab line researched from Google with no success.
Anybody have a format for the mount instruction in Fstab that has been proven to work with this version of SqPOS for unprotected shares?
castalla

Post by castalla »

Here's my fstab entry - edit yours as required:

//192.168.0.1/volume9 /mnt/hd1 cifs username=guest,password=

I created /mnt/hd1 as the mount point
themystical

Post by themystical »

castalla wrote:Here's my fstab entry - edit yours as required:

Thank you Castalla!
I will give that a try when I get home.
Many thanks
themystical

Post by themystical »

castalla wrote:Here's my fstab entry - edit yours as required:

Tried this and a couple of dozen other variants but no joy. I have given up and just used a memory stick backup of my other joggler which I think is on the original SqPOS. Works brilliantly and mounts every time with CIFS.
castalla

Post by castalla »

So .... did you create a new mount point directory, eg. /mnt/music ? You have to do this as root user, eg. sudo mkdir /mnt/music

I have encountered OS setups where the fstab entry doesn't work and where the full mount command needs to be used.

But, unless you want to spend more time figuring out a solution, then your stick method is probably the easiest way to go.
themystical

Post by themystical »

castalla wrote:So .... did you create a new mount point directory, eg. /mnt/music ? You have to do this as root user, eg. sudo mkdir /mnt/music

I have encountered OS setups where the fstab entry doesn't work and where the full mount command needs to be used.

But, unless you want to spend more time figuring out a solution, then your stick method is probably the easiest way to go.
Actually I don't remember whether I used Sudo in the mkdir command. This might be the issue. Will give this a go when I get home.
Whilst the memory stick method is working perfectly, it would be nice to be running on internal memory.
Thanks again for your help.
Error

Post by Error »

In a few weeks we are moving to our new home. I therefore yesterday dug out all wires from under the floors etc.
I reconnected the NAS and the joggler but the Joggler was frozen unfortunately.. So I reinstalled it with SqpOS 3.03.

After success I added following line in fstab

Code: Select all

//192.168.0.13/Music /mnt/music cifs username=Joggler,password=Joggler,_netdev 0$
but it fails to see the music folders, no matter how many reboots I've been going through. Path is correct, capital M, Capitals on user and password.. it's all correct. It used to work flawlessly for years.

Anyone got a clue?? I'm stuck here!
Error

Post by Error »

Never mind, got it working again by watching the mount command via putty.

Got it working with

Code: Select all

//192.168.0.13/Music /mnt/music cifs username=Joggler,password=Joggler 0 0
It worked before with previous command but ok. It works again..
gegs

Post by gegs »

Is anybody experiencing this problem with the Spotify plugin on LMS?

Weirdly, Spotify will list all my existing playlists and they work fine, even from a fresh installation with the plugin applied from scratch. Other things work in strange ways; for example, if I search for "The Clash" I get:

Artists (9)
Albums (169)
Tracks (2851)

Clicking on "Artists" delivers the expected menu but clicking on "Albums" or "Tracks" produces a Spotify "General transient error". I can access Clash albums by clicking on "Artists", selecting the correct one, then clicking "Albums".

The "Top 100" Albums and Tracks also give a "general transient error", although the Top 100 Artists option does display properly.

I suspect that Spotify have changed things that broke certain aspects of the plugin's functionality, but thought I'd check if others were experiencing the same problem before getting in touch with Triode.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Triode is AWOL for many moons now.

Haven't seen any posts on slimdevices about this,
gegs

Post by gegs »

I think the method for choosing a random testing track is now broken, leading to the metadata failure and the inability to stream, even though the plugin works (but not as before.) I haven't checked any logs, but the inability to access certain features makes me think that.

Other users running the Spotify plugin 'self test' could confirm if my set-up is the problem or not.
castalla

Post by castalla »

I was wrong - there have been a spate of posts on slimdevices about spotify problems
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

gegs wrote:I think the method for choosing a random testing track is now broken, leading to the metadata failure and the inability to stream, even though the plugin works (but not as before.) I haven't checked any logs, but the inability to access certain features makes me think that.

Other users running the Spotify plugin 'self test' could confirm if my set-up is the problem or not.
Hey gegs, just caught your post.

If i run the same self test I get the same results as yourself.

If I go to the Triode spotify it plays fine.

Do you have the "Official" spotify at MySqueezebox.com enabled?

If you run this with Triode's plugin still enabled, all may be well (In the settings for the Triode plugin, untick the box "Show in My Apps".

Triode's Orange tile will show under "Radio" and LMS Spotify Green tile under "My Apps", you can use the latter for selection etc.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... potify-app

atb

Ronnie
gegs

Post by gegs »

Weirder and weirder! I searched for "beatles" and got the general transient error on 4 occasions and on the fifth, it delivered the expected results. I did the same with "sinatra" and "marvin gaye" (all searches lowercase) and found similar results, i.e. some error results before finally working. The same thing happens when I choose their Albums or Tracks

Another strange thing; long lists of results sometimes totally disappear when I try to make a selection. I have to go back and re-enter the list several times before I can make a music selection.

I thought my Spotify problems were down to an old USB stick that has been in continual use for a couple of years, possibly not working optimally. I wrote to a brand new stick and the problems are the same.
gegs

Post by gegs »

And yes, even weirder...

As Man in a van suggested, I've installed both plugins and now the green Spotify icon works (yes, the green one) without the transient errors. It even has the playlist and mood suggestions of Spotify on other devices, which I like for music discovery. Some might miss the Triode library function though.

---EDIT---
I also entered my Spotify details on mysqueezebox.com, as mentioned in Man in a van's link. I did this earlier today in one of many attempts to solve my problems, but it appears to be necessary to get the new Spotify functionality.
gegs

Post by gegs »

Seriously confused now.

I've connected another Joggler to my LMS server but hardly any apps show up under My Apps and certainly not the green Spotify icon. I have unticked the Show in my apps option in Triode's plugin.

The weird thing is that I can access and use loads of apps for the player (including the green Spotify icon) if I use the web server interface; the apps just aren't visible on the player itself or if I use certain remote apps, like Squeeze Ctrl on Android. The full range of apps does show on iPeng for the iPad, but not the iPad Logitech remote app.

This is driving me nuts :?
castalla

Post by castalla »

Sounds like you may be connecting to another user profile on squeezebox.com - this happens if the mac address is duplicated. Try resetting your sb account details for the player.
gegs

Post by gegs »

You may be right about the problem, I don't know. I do know that I fixed the problem by resetting the registration and re-registering multiple times, until the apps eventually appeared.
castalla

Post by castalla »

It's a problem which doesn't seem to have been fixed.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Might Pete's Realtek Mac address thing fix this issue ? Or does Sqpos randomly fetch its own ?
Happy Joggling