Plex Media Server on the joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: Plex Media Server on the joggler

Post by hawsey »

//192.168.1.254/usb2/MUSIC /mnt/music cifs username=guest,password=,sec=ntlm
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

So, your photos are likely in /usb2/PHOTOGRAPHS

so,

//192.168.1.254/usb2/PHOTOGRAPHS /mnt/Photos cifs username=guest,password=,sec=ntlm
Last edited by castalla on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I got there :-) cheers , its a ball ache he heh
It was a missing space I think .

Sent by SlimKat FirePhone
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Remember - linux is literal .... no leeway. Capitals and lower-case make a difference.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Silly me :-)..
Thanks again

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

So - all okay now?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Yes all OK , well photographs are showing up in the Plex app on my phone so it must be mounted OK .I need to look at the plex server and re scan as only 3 folders showing but that's not a Linux thing , I'm pretty sure as all the music scanned fine .

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Well done! Have a nice day.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers .

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Just got a second Joggler - pairing is a bit more complicated than with Sonos speakers.

I'm looking for one of those mini HD sat boxes. There's a massive range - trouble is that the user reviews for them all are either 'brilliant' or 'rubbish'!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Second Joggler , told you they breed ;-) do you mean pairing with the Jongo ?

Mini HD Sat boxes , do you mean the ones that come with a "free gift" and connect to the internet ?.

I need to update the plex server as they found some sort of vulnerability !! Do I just do what you described before for me !

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

hawsey wrote:Second Joggler , told you they breed ;-) do you mean pairing with the Jongo ?

Mini HD Sat boxes , do you mean the ones that come with a "free gift" and connect to the internet ?.

I need to update the plex server as they found some sort of vulnerability !! Do I just do what you described before for me !

Jongo! Brain is fazed this week.

-----------------------------------------

At Putty - (as root)

service plexmediaserver stop

wget [url address of the correct file]

after download

sudo dpkg -i [new file name]

service plexmediaserver start

----------------------------------------
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks

Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Very pleased with my Joggler Plex / SqPlay Os set up today .
Recently bought a 3 year old Nissan Qashqai and had a mess about with playing Bluetooth Audio when I first got it but with no luck but didn't give up , last night I worked it out :-)
Today I've been driving along listening to an album via Plex from the Joggler sent via Bluetooth on my Android Smart Ultra 6 to my car radio .
It works a treat , no skipping , jumping or anything , crystal clear on my whole trip , controlled via my steering wheel controls to boot , well chuffed .....

Sent from my Smart Ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Sounds good but doesn't that hammer your data allowance?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I have 2gb on my contract which just stops if I max it out then I fall back to Bt Fon etc , so I'm not too bothered , its just great to have it all working like I had hoped .
Where you off to on your jolly days this year ? No Northumberland trips planned ;-)

I've just had a look on my phone and Plex has used 84 MB this month not sure how much of that is the Album I played today but it won't be all of it as I have done other Plex streaming to the Jongo
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

What is a Nissan Qashqai?

Is it an automobile, suv, crossover?

Ahh googling I see it is a crossover.

And see similarities between the Nissan Qashqai and the Nissan Rogue (sold here).
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Yes that's it Pete , it has a little satnav screen for radio / reversing cameras , I think you're can get a Raspberry Pi connected to it somehow but not looked in to that yet .I'm thinking maybe a pi in there at some point ....

Sent from my Smart Ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

hawsey wrote:I have 2gb on my contract which just stops if I max it out then I fall back to Bt Fon etc , so I'm not too bothered , its just great to have it all working like I had hoped .
Where you off to on your jolly days this year ? No Northumberland trips planned ;-)

I've just had a look on my phone and Plex has used 84 MB this month not sure how much of that is the Album I played today but it won't be all of it as I have done other Plex streaming to the Jongo
Currently typing this from Valencia! Am hoping to make it back to Northumberland in the autumn.

I would definitely recommend having a look at the RPi2 or 3 if you like projects. In particular it makes a great headless media server.
pete

Post by pete »

Currently playing around a bit with a PineA64 with 2Gb running Ubuntu 16.04 in 64 bit mode. It is doing well. It is a bit faster and the 2Gb helps a bit. Also playing a bit with the Xi3/Xi5a which is a dual core AMD/2Gb and uses an mSATA card. I purchased a couple of these used for $60 USD each. Like the Joggler they appear to be lasting forever. Historically have tested the RPi2 running Kodi and it does well. You just have to figure out how to interface the HDMI video out to the HU.

Currently though two CarPC's are running Atom D525/4Gb embedded windows with 1Tb 2.5" SATA drives. The integration to the HU's is done via a all in one video interface and bus connection. The HU does show it as a device on the bus. Relating to the use of the HU as a video interface there are ways to do this and it relates to just communicating to the bus. Having written this I do think there are interfaces you can purchase to interface on the bus with the Nissan automobile. Here the newest SUV which is old now lets me control lighting, windows, headlights and all media stuff via the HU or steering wheel controls. Basically too have created multimedia medias that look to be the same as the automobile menus.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater