New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Tweaks

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
holloway

Re: New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Twea

Post by holloway »

Hi
I have recently got android on my joggler.I am not a tech savvy
I have few issues with this os.
1. I am not getting the sound
2. I am not able play youtube videos
3. I am not able to find and install most of the apps.
I couldnot find any sloution on the forums.
I need someones help,
Thanks
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Try the 1.2.3 build - many apps do not work on the 1.2.4 version.
popoyaya

Post by popoyaya »

Android officially coming to Intel processors early 2012! Including Atom. Looks like there'll be a future for the Joggler yet.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/09/13 ... tel-chips/
deepmenace

Post by deepmenace »

hi all,

awesome work getting android on joggler. could be the way forward.

i just had a quick question for people who have used this build.
all i really do with my joggler at present is:

play a stream of youtube videos while im doing kitchen stuff or
play music from my dnla server via squeezeplayer or
play internet radio, again using squeezeplayer

does youtube generally work as well as the stock youtube player? as well as the awesome new one by spoyser?
is there an app to stream music from DNLA? does it work alright?
i guess for internet radio i could use Tune In - so that'd be ok.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Youtube works on 1.2.3 but not 1.2.4 AFAIK. upnplayer works well as a music streamer on 1.2.3, haven't tried it on 1.2.4. Internet radio streaming is a problem - I have an old version of Resco Radio that works on 1.2.3 but not 1.2.4, the newer versions do not work at all. Tunein Radio doesn't work for me with either version. Squeeze Player does not work on Joggler Android and never will.
Last edited by dwl99 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deepmenace

Post by deepmenace »

dwl99 wrote:Youtube works on 1.2.3 but not 1.2.4 AFAIK. upnplayer works well as a music streamer on 1.2.3, haven't tried it on 1.2.4. Interet radio streaming is a problem - I have an old version on Resco Radio that works on 1.2.3 but not 1.2.4, the newer versions do not work at all. Tunein Radio doesn't work for me with either version. Squeeze Player does not work on Joggler Android and never will.
ah ok - cheers for the headsup.

i may grab it and have a play then but will be aware that its maybe a way off being a system replacement.
bernarmn

Post by bernarmn »

Anyone interested in building an Andriod Image directly for the OpenFrame 7 device. It has different wireless and audio hardware and doesn't currently work. I can send you a device if you can build an image for it.
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

Is there a post detailing how to get the sound to work.

The image installed to the USB stick just fine and no problems other than never a squeek out of the speakers :(
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

Hi,

For some reason I just had to re-register my account. Did the forum get reset since it was originally setup?

I've been using this build for a while now and very happy with it. Much better than the Ubuntu image I was using and positively makes PMJ look archaic - which I still use on one of my other Jogglers! The other day I cloned my USB key to run essentially the same image on another Joggler, and noticed that the Market no longer worked. I can't use the search to find any apps, even ones that are already installed, - even QuickMarketLinks no longer finds my apps!
Thinking that maybe I hadn't cloned the USB key properly I then inserted the original key into the second Joggler. Same thing happened. Stranger still, when I put the original key back into my first Joggler, the Market no longer worked on there also.

Logging into My Market Account, there are now no listed devices - I know this used to contain one "unknown device". Any ideas why? Has my attempt at cloning the USB key borked everything? I did try to start from scratch using the image at the start of this thread again but the market won't initialise at all now.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

try applying the market fix as detailed a few posts back.
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

dwl99 wrote:try applying the market fix as detailed a few posts back.
Hi, thanks for replying. If it's the fix where I force close the services framework and market app then I've done that several times already - like I had to in order to get the market working in the first place. :(

Is there another fix I'm missing? I've also tried deleting my Google account credentials and recreating it from scratch (as well as reloading the entire image and starting again from scratch) but it would appear that my market account has somehow borked itself.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

You can also try the "clock fix" as previously posted - it can often be due to the system time being wrong. Then reapply the market fix.
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

Hmm. Just tried that now - the time was off by less than a hundredth of a second and it wasn't set to auto sync but I went through the motions anyway. Still nothing.

Oddly, *some* apps do appear in the Market - I've even managed to download Appbrain App Market and Android System Info by browsing the list (nothing appears when I search). These now appear in my "Downloads" section in the Market, but I still have "no devices" listed if I login to market.android.com.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

OK. I give up.

PS how about trying a freshly flashed image?
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

dwl99 wrote:OK. I give up.

PS how about trying a freshly flashed image?
Yeah, tried that even before I posted. Evidence is pointing at my Google/Market account being borked because the freshly flashed image does the same thing - the only thing I haven't tried is to setup another ID. There shouldn't be a problem with having the one account linked to multiple devices, surely?

Thanks for the suggestions though in any case.
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

Hmm. Additional oddity - the Joggler has now appeared in My Market Account, but most apps I search using the web app are coming up as being "incompatible with your device", even when it acknowledges that they're already installed! Maybe this is why the Market app is not seeing them!
Mx560

Post by Mx560 »

Hi All, my first post here,
I've got a joggler on the way and want to know if I boot Android will I be able to listen to mp3 and look at photos,
from the usb stick,
either by partitioning it or by other means , I've got a 16gb stick on the way
richonhelp

Post by richonhelp »

This recent market problem where most apps are not showing is a major setback! I tried with different google account and Android build (v1.2.3) no luck. Which means if you have installed good apps from days ago (Jango for example) do NOT format your usb!!! In the meantime the best advice is to install GetJar and there are some apps that will install. Must be google stopping the service as it does not recognise a Joggler.
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

Haha that's awesome. And everybody says that Apple's walled garden is evil!
Mx560

Post by Mx560 »

Mx560 wrote:Hi All, my first post here,
I've got a joggler on the way and want to know if I boot Android will I be able to listen to mp3 and look at photos,
from the usb stick,
either by partitioning it or by other means , I've got a 16gb stick on the way
Or can I only stream mp3 to it ?