New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Tweaks

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
danb79

Re: New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Twea

Post by danb79 »

again flash video on our jogglers is a problem because flash for android is written for arm cpu's not x86. Flash on my android advent vega tablet is perfect!
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

I highly recommend pointing your android browser to applanet.net
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

I recently loaded BuZz's image onto one of my Jogglers - great stuff, I hadn't checked out the Android build for Joggler for over a year and this is a vast improvement over the old one. So a big thanks to Mijuu, jp_hero, asantaga and others!

This is what I've found:
* AudioManager worked when it first started but then expired with a warning (possibly once I got network)
* I've not had any sound out of it yet
* The Android Market is uncooperative (as per recent posts - even with the Force Quit, Market, reboot suggestion)
* It has connected fine over ethernet (once I enabled in in Settings) & web browser seems to work fine
* It couldn't connect over wifi WPA to my HP access point - according to the AP it connected but then failed 4-way authentication (I think that's what it said)

I uninstalled AudioManager to see if that made any difference but no. Presumably AudioManager is vital for getting sound out is it? I was a bit wary of connecting to applanet.net as it seems to be pirated apps. There are a few AudioManager .apk files on the net but most look like the Pro not Free version and again I'm a bit wary - presumably the only place to get the official version is through the market.

Looking at recent posts it sounds like the Market following Google's changes, and sound, are most common current issues - any new suggestions to try?

Overall I've found this build is a much nicer touch OS on the Joggler that Ubuntu (not stable enough for 24/7) and PnP (easy to install but leaving Opera open seems to cause device to hang on O2 clock screen after a few days) so am hopefully to get a workable solution.

Simon
SB Radio 7.7.2, SqueezePlayOS v1.09(SP v1.53) on O2 Joggler, SB Touch/Quad 606/Heybrook .5
LMS 7.7.2-r33893 on Syno DS213+ NAS. ~4000 tracks & mostly listen to BBC.
Prev: 7.6.1 SSODS(thanks flip!) on LS-XHL; 7.6 on Joggler/Ubuntu; 7.3.3 on LS-GL
myredhotcar

Post by myredhotcar »

I'm also having issues with sound. I tried installing AudioManager Pro but this didn't seem to fix it.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks
myredhotcar
myredhotcar
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

myredhotcar wrote:I'm also having issues with sound. I tried installing AudioManager Pro but this didn't seem to fix it.
Does that mean the Android Market was working for you? I can't seem to find much in it and anything I have tried to install fails to even download.
SB Radio 7.7.2, SqueezePlayOS v1.09(SP v1.53) on O2 Joggler, SB Touch/Quad 606/Heybrook .5
Prev: 7.6.1 SSODS(thanks flip!) on LS-XHL; 7.6 on Joggler/Ubuntu; 7.3.3 on LS-GL
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Android market is now broken for the Joggler due to changes made by Google. IMHO the 1.2.3 Android build is better - audio works and many more apps can run on it.
myredhotcar

Post by myredhotcar »

SimonH wrote:
myredhotcar wrote:I'm also having issues with sound. I tried installing AudioManager Pro but this didn't seem to fix it.
Does that mean the Android Market was working for you? I can't seem to find much in it and anything I have tried to install fails to even download.
Nope sorry - I managed to download the apk and install that way.
dwl99 wrote:Android market is now broken for the Joggler due to changes made by Google. IMHO the 1.2.3 Android build is better - audio works and many more apps can run on it.
Hmmm - didn't realise that - might give that a go in that case! Thanks
myredhotcar
myredhotcar

Post by myredhotcar »

Does anyone know how to fix the sound issues on the 1.2.4 build?

Kind of reluctant to start again and downgrade to 1.2.3.

As per previous posts - not getting any sound - audiomanager has expired - when trying to play sound the speak just quietly pops.

Any help greatly appreciated.

myredhotcar
myredhotcar
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

myredhotcar wrote:Does anyone know how to fix the sound issues on the 1.2.4 build?
Kind of reluctant to start again and downgrade to 1.2.3.
I'm in the same boat. For a non-Android expert can anyone recap the main differences between 1.2.3 and 1.2.4, e.g. I noticed somewhere on the old 1.2.3 discussion (http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=176) that the google apps were disabled by default.

That said, I have been very impressed with the 1.2.4 build (thanks to the :ugeek: s) and think it (or 1.2.3) could quite easily replace Ubuntu and PnP on my Jogglers if I could get sound and squeeze player working.

By the way - BuZz - would it be possible/worth setting up an Android area on the forum? Theis discussion is getting very long and I worry that I'm missing useful information not having read through carefully enough.

Simon
richonhelp

Post by richonhelp »

In regards to sound issue, you may fix it but it will evenually expire again! Then we are all in same boat! I did download version of audiomanager from one website but it did not fix problem, another website app fixed issue. Surely if you download aptoide (from GetJar) it will have good version
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

aptoide will tell you if there are updates available to any apps, so try leaving the old version installed and updating through aptoide.
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I uploaded at tweaked version of v1.2.3 which Buzz has kindly hosted http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/img/andro ... 2.3.img.gz
I fixed the glitches present on the original release & it has GAPPS preinstalled. It's much better than 1.2.4 - really!
myredhotcar

Post by myredhotcar »

dwl99 wrote:I uploaded at tweaked version of v1.2.3 which Buzz has kindly hosted http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/img/andro ... 2.3.img.gz
I fixed the glitches present on the original release & it has GAPPS preinstalled. It's much better than 1.2.4 - really!

Ah cool! I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong with the other 1.2.3 images, just wasn't working - this should help - perhaps I'll give this a go tonight.

It just isn't the same without sound!

EDIT: Actually I remember what happened with this - it wouldn't fit on my 4gb usb stick for some reason....
myredhotcar
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Great - me too!
myredhotcar wrote:
dwl99 wrote:I uploaded at tweaked version of v1.2.3 which Buzz has kindly hosted http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/img/andro ... 2.3.img.gz
Ah cool! I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong with the other 1.2.3 images, just wasn't working - this should help - perhaps I'll give this a go tonight.
EDIT: Actually I remember what happened with this - it wouldn't fit on my 4gb usb stick for some reason....
I was having a similar problem the other day trying to put the 1.2.4 image on a 4GB Crucial Gizmo with win32diskimager - it kept saying not enough space. I gave up and used dd on Ubuntu and it worked fine.
myredhotcar

Post by myredhotcar »

I knew I should have bought the 8gb stick! Don't even know why I didn't!
myredhotcar
marctwo

Post by marctwo »

I can't use any of these images on my 4GB stick as they are all too big. I guess it's to do with the stick that the original image is taken from.
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

marctwo wrote:I can't use any of these images on my 4GB stick as they are all too big. I guess it's to do with the stick that the original image is taken from.
Actually I've just had a look at the mijuu_1.2.4_gapps_tweaked.img and it's 3.8GB or 4002938880 bytes so perhaps it's only just not fitting in your stick. As I say I wrote mine from Linux - presumably that chopped off the last few bytes but doesn't seem to have stopped it working. I guess with gparted etc you could copy the image to an 8GB stick, shrink the last partition/filesystem down a little, then copy it back to an image file or your 4GB stick.

So a 4GB stick should be OK (I suppose you soon won't be able to buy them anyway though :lol: ).
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

SimonH wrote:
marctwo wrote:I can't use any of these images on my 4GB stick as they are all too big. I guess it's to do with the stick that the original image is taken from.
So a 4GB stick should be OK (I suppose you soon won't be able to buy them anyway though :lol: ).
The Android_Joggler_2.2 v1.2.3.img image compressed file is 450192802 bytes & now I've unzipped it I can see it's 4294967296 bytes or 4.0GB. I would have thought the same applies though - just a question of getting the tools to slim the image down a tad. Perhaps most people have been using 8GB sticks rather than the tatty old ones I usually find at the bottom of my bag! (where 4GB is a good spec - I found a 128MB Iomega mini one the other day :o )
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

You could try this:

get a loan of an 8GB memory stick or use an SD card from your camera or something
write the 1.2.3 image to it with win32diskimager
access the USB stick with a Linux machine, copy the files from each partition to separate folders
open the USB stick with gparted, make a note of the partition layout, formatting & labelling
wipe the USB stick then recreate the partitions with gparted with whatever sizes you like (i.e. total size less that 3.5GB to be safe)
copy the files you previously saved back to the relevant partitions
put the USB stick back into a Windows machine & copy the disk image with win32diskimager then write it to your titchy 4GB stick :-)

or buy an 8GB microSDHC card from play.com for a fiver http://tinyurl.com/7f2dhse and a card reader from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005 ... hs_product for a quid! This is the setup I have and it looks & works well.
hiller1988

Post by hiller1988 »

Hello all, quick question...to test the android application ive wrote on the joggler itself can i simply buy a male 2 male usb cable and let the sdk build the application for the jogger? or does the sdk only compile for arm arch?