New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Tweaks

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
dwl99

Re: New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Twea

Post by dwl99 »

richonhelp wrote:This recent market problem where most apps are not showing is a major setback! I tried with different google account and Android build (v1.2.3) no luck. Which means if you have installed good apps from days ago (Jango for example) do NOT format your usb!!! In the meantime the best advice is to install GetJar and there are some apps that will install. Must be google stopping the service as it does not recognise a Joggler.
This is exactly correct. My Joggler now shows very few of the apps in Market I already have installed. If I try to update via Appbrain I get a "not found" error. So it looks as if Google have pulled the rug away from under our feet :-(
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

Mx560 wrote:
Mx560 wrote:Hi All, my first post here,
I've got a joggler on the way and want to know if I boot Android will I be able to listen to mp3 and look at photos,
from the usb stick,
either by partitioning it or by other means , I've got a 16gb stick on the way
Or can I only stream mp3 to it ?
Sorry buddy, missed your post in all the noise! The Android image here runs directly off the USB stick, so it's probably impractical to keep shutting down the Joggler in order to put more music on it. Same with photos, although before the Market was shutdown it would have been easy to use DropBox or something similar to sync music to it. Unless Google reverses this move (unlikely) or somebody finds a workaround then it would appear that we are for now stuck with whatever apps are already installed on the image. Bummer.
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

dwl99 wrote: This is exactly correct. My Joggler now shows very few of the apps in Market I already have installed. If I try to update via Appbrain I get a "not found" error. So it looks as if Google have pulled the rug away from under our feet :-(
Well, guess I wasn't going mad then!

There are a few suggestions around the forums that suggest you can fiddle with the device strings to get Google to recognise the Joggler as something else, but there's a worrying post somewhere that claims that Google stores this string upon first connection to the Market and fiddling with it on your device afterwards has no effect. Not sure how this can be true, unless it also stores MAC addresses or some other unique device identifier along with your account ID...
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

You could always install apps from the apk files directly. Just email yourself the Dropbox apk, install it & take it from there. It's annoying but not the end of Android on the Joggler.
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

That's an interesting point - as my installed apps aren't showing up in either AppBrain or QuickMarketLinks, does this mean that they won't auto-update now? I'm guessing so.
Coupled with the inability to idly browse through the market to see if there's anything of interest this has all suddenly gotten unnecessarily annoying. Way to go, Google. :(
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

That's right, no auto-updates. Although I did find that some previous updates wouldn't install on the Joggler so I just stuck with the old versions. Although Android on my Joggler is now effectively preserved in Aspic it still runs very well & I use Android way more than Ubuntu or the native OS.
jp_hero

Post by jp_hero »

Hi guys.

Google have recently updated the market again. The new version is not compatable with x86 (which is nice of them).
The version we installed on the Joggler is several versions behind this new version. When the market loads up it checks to see if updates are available.
On a phone or tablet at this point it would download and install the new version (all in the background), then next time you opened the market you would have the new version. None of the updates to the market ever installed as I guess they were not compatable either.
Now though when the market loads it seems to recognise that the market is old and seems to block it from normal service.
I will look into seeing what if anything can be done.

If anyone wants to help out feel free. pm me and I will point you in the right direction for files etc.
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

OK, given that Google has screwed up Market access for the Joggler I've made a backup of the working apk files I have installed on my 1.2.3 build & uploaded them to Mediafire. Most of them will also work with 1.2.4 although I still think that 1.2.3 is a better bet overall. You can download the whole lot at http://www.mediafire.com/?2th42g2576nczy0
Xeijin

Post by Xeijin »

Anyone have another link for the tweaked image (1.2.4)? Link in the first post seems to be down.

Edit: Also, does anyone know a good Radio Alarm app for Android (want to get it to play BBC Radio 1 as my alarm). Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, found a link, kindly hosted by user Foxx here: http://www.filedump.bsodtv.org/misc/Jog ... y_Foxx.rar in case anyone wants to avoid searching for it!
kevinwilson

Post by kevinwilson »

I don't really know anything about how this build was put together, so this might not be relevant, but while searching for ways to wake a device using the touch screen I came across this information about a patch to android-x86:

http://groups.google.com/group/android- ... 9b91?pli=1

Is this of any use?
richonhelp

Post by richonhelp »

Great update by dwl with apps! With a fresh install there is no sound as Audiomanager requires update which cannot be done through market. Will have to find apk!
brunoamui

Post by brunoamui »

Thank you for the build. It is really a nice work. But i am having a problem that i think you can help me with. I cant get no sound out of the joggler but some strange clicks. I have tried downloading a apk for audiomanager, but it did not work.
richonhelp

Post by richonhelp »

Bit of a mystery that one. I have audiomanager 1.4.1 installed, most radio apps have issues with sound. Could be the USB stick, after changing mine recently, the build performed a lot better
FyodorNinian

Post by FyodorNinian »

Hi all

Just posting a tip that will hopefully be useful to some of you. I was seeing error messages quite frequently using the browser 'Dolphin HD' - message: 'Activity Dolphin Browser HD (in application Browser HD) is not responding' with options to FC or wait - but I changed a setting in Dolphin and I haven't seen an error message since.

I did this...

In Dolphin HD, slide open the bookmarks bar then click on 'Quick Access' and open 'Settings'. Open 'Data Storage Settings' and clear cache, then put a tick in 'Browsing without history'. That's it. Go back to browsing and, on my two Android Jogglers at least, the FC messages stopped, but the browser remained very responsive and quick to load pages.

Hope that's of use to some :-)
iKarampa

Post by iKarampa »

Hi,

I just tried this image. It seems to work but there is no sound coming out of my Joggler. Is there support for sound?
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

guys,

just tried the amazon app store and it installs, lists apps ok, but wont download apps. (Device not recognized error)
Went to the xda developers forum and found the following amazon app store, it lists, allows you to buy but when I try and download it says Im not allowed as Im not in the US, of A..

I've tried to install tor (a proxy anonmymizer) but cant get a network proxy working on the joggler..

Does anyone have a IP based IP anonymizer setup ? ? ie using dd-wrt or something.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachm ... 1316684142
Angelo
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hi all,
My android market seems to be still working fine, i have just downloaded a couple. When you first click on the icon nothing comes up, but then if you click aps, top free etc they show up and download ok
Hope this helps try to sort this out.

Gary
Happy Joggling
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

gosh, the mans right Mine is also working.. well it would appear that the only thing not working is the first page.,..

ok im still on the 1.2.3 release..

However one thing I have noticed is that not all apps are available.. for example I cant search for pulse or sky news.. I think thats a country thing...
Angelo
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Yep, stil on 123 here too just for clarification guys.
Happy Joggling
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

Can you do a search in the Market for some of the standard apps that are already included in the build? Beautiful Widgets, etc.? I still can't find these in the store (or update them) so mine is definitely still borked. There are a *few* apps that will install so I don't know what the criteria are for Google blocking some of them.