New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Tweaks

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
dwl99

Re: New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Twea

Post by dwl99 »

have sent you a pm
golvellius

Post by golvellius »

Hi to all .

This Android build 1.2.4 is supperb . I have been trying it for 2 days , wifi ok , market ok , i have installed some childer aplications videos for my daugther , ok . I have installed it in the kitchen then i can see videos , rss feeds , internet , email , etc .
But i have a question . It is possible to disable the screen when inactive ?
Thanks a lot .
FyodorNinian

Post by FyodorNinian »

Hi there

I'm really enjoying this build - many thanks for such great work. Fan-bloody-tastic :-)

Am using Dolphin HD as my browser and it works really well - a much better browsing experience than with any browsers I've tried on the Joggler with native OS, Ubuntu, Joli or Mint.

A couple of issues...
- As with golvellius above - I would love to be able to turn the screen off as I'm using the Joggler on a bed side cabinet. Is that possible at the moment or likely in the future? Turning the screen down to 10% is still too bright in a bedroom at night :-(
- I've been using some Squeezebox apps - Logitech Squeezebox official, Squeeze Commander and Squidget - and although they work well when the Joggler is connected to the network via wifi, they fail to connect to the Squeezebox Server / fail to see players when the Joggler is connected to the network via ethernet. Does anybody have a fix for that? I'd like to leave my Jogglers connected via cable rather than a dodgy wifi connection.

Thanks in advance :-)
taint

Post by taint »

this is a great build, but i am having one small problem. No matter what i do the internet won't work (or anything that requires the internet for that matter), my joggler finds the router attampts to connect gets a ip address then says "disconected" or "not in range secured with wpa/wpa2 psk" despite the wifi conection being at full strength and the joggler is 1.5 meters away from the router and no walls between them.

I have removed the security as well but still no fun. I have disabled ethernet but it makes no difference tried the perivous build (1.2.3) but still the same problem. I have even tried connecting using the ethernet direct to the router, dispite the fact that the router shows the joggler in the dhcp list and gives it an ip address it will not connect via ethernet either. I tried the build on a different joggler and got the same result. Now i have been searching for the past few days on the forums for a solution but have drawn a blank. I am sure i'm missing something here but i dont know what. any help would be much appreciated.
taint

Post by taint »

okay got it sorted well sort off, i finally got the ethernet working, so next up is wifi. to solve the ethernet problem i disabled dhcp as it does not seem to check the ip address it gets or take into account the lease expiry time, so i manually entered the network config details and after a reboot it was all sorted oh and i also changed the lease expiry on router to never. Now how do you enter the wifi config details manually?
IanL

Post by IanL »

I had this working and then I chose to power it off from the Android option and then powered it off at the plug. When I next came to boot up it hung at the O2 logo and would no longer start up. Am I not supposed to use the power off option in Android? If I am not what should I do say when I go on holiday and if I dont want to loose all of the Androud configuration that I have done?

Thanks.
taint

Re: Market says: "Download was unsuccessful..." ? Help.

Post by taint »

Andy Mark wrote:You write that marked works out of the box......not for me.

I can see all the apps in Market, but when I try to install it says: "Download was unsuccessful, please try again."

What am I doing wrong ? How do I fix this issue :?:

I have tried to build the stick again......

(My Joggler is used from Denmark)
+1

got the same problem no matter how times i reboot like the wiki says still no luck, and no sound either.
FyodorNinian

Re: Market says: "Download was unsuccessful..." ? Help.

Post by FyodorNinian »

taint wrote:
Andy Mark wrote:You write that marked works out of the box......not for me.

I can see all the apps in Market, but when I try to install it says: "Download was unsuccessful, please try again."

What am I doing wrong ? How do I fix this issue :?:

I have tried to build the stick again......

(My Joggler is used from Denmark)
+1

got the same problem no matter how times i reboot like the wiki says still no luck, and no sound either.
I experienced the issue with market apps starting to download but not installing. I followed dwl99's instructions below - his post is on page 3 of this thread. Worked for me on a couple of jogglers, each using a different USB stick.

The 'Market Fix'...
'Settings - applications - manage applications
long tap on googleservicesframework.apk, force stop then clear data
long tap on market.apk, force stop (do not clear data)
open Market, you will get an error, tap OK
Reboot & market should now download & install OK'
Last edited by FyodorNinian on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
taint

Post by taint »

I have tried that but found that i keep getting a error when tyring to connect to the market, and rebooting makes no difference, i found that if you also delete the market data then it works but then you dont have access to all the market apps as the market does not recognise the joggler. From the research i have done it seems to be a problem with the ".android_secure" folder where the apps are downloaded, being corrupted and deleting the market data as well deletes this folder and a new one is made when you reboot.

Does anybody know how to manually configure the wifi setting, i cant find the advanceded option on the wifi setup menu.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Have a look at the system clock settings, that can prevent market updates. Under Settings go to Date & Time & untick the "auto sync" option. Then go to the app drawer & look for the Clock Sync app (can't remember exactly what it's called) & set it to sync automatically. Then apply the "market fix" as above & reboot. Leave the Joggler for a couple of minutes then try downloading from the Market.
FyodorNinian

Post by FyodorNinian »

Hi dwl99

Is there a way to turn the screen completely off?
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I'm not aware of any way to do this. Even if you did, there wouldn't be any way to turn it back on again as the Joggler has no buttons!

EDIT - there's an app called Tasker that might do what you're looking for but you need to pay for it http://tasker.dinglisch.net/faq-how.html#e
pete

Post by pete »

Market is working well. I am able to install many applications. I can't though install Adobe flash nor Opera. I installed Pandora and it looks to be working but I don't get any sound from it. My sound though is working. Still playing. Is there an easy way to install Adobe flash. I tried other than Market ways and have no problems download; just the installation fails.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
richonhelp

Post by richonhelp »

Great stuff with this build.. after applying market fix (or you just get unsuccessful all the time) thank you for this info. Not sure if this is a fix for the sound problems- mine did not work from start and the AudioManager app needed upgrade. After upgrading it through a search = it now works.
sero13

Post by sero13 »

I tried the Market fix mentioned above and it now works perfectly! Thank you very much!

The only thing that I would really like now is an app that will play slideshows of photos from my Picasa account. I've tried Picasa tool and while its good for browsing my albums it doesn't seem to be able to play slideshows. A couple of other apps seem to be able to search Picasa and show from keyword searches but doesn't log into the account. Anyone have any suggestions?
gazupnorth

Post by gazupnorth »

anybody got a fix or app to turn the screen off completely , so that I can use it as a bed-side alarm clock ?????
FyodorNinian

Post by FyodorNinian »

gazupnorth wrote:anybody got a fix or app to turn the screen off completely , so that I can use it as a bed-side alarm clock ?????
See a few posts up on this page. There may be a fix from a paid-for app, but it doesn't look like anybody's tried it yet.
gazupnorth

Post by gazupnorth »

managed to get tasker.apk onto my desktop home computer via newsgroups, but how do I transfer that file onto my joggler and then get it to install onto my joggler ???
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Tut tut.

Use Dropbox or email it to yourself & download it via your browser. Use file explorer to navigate to it then tap on it to install it.
gazupnorth

Post by gazupnorth »

thanks very much dwl99, sorry to sound dumb, but I'm a bit new to Android. And I am also pretty dumb !!

My .apk files get transferred over by e-mail nicely using your method