New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Tweaks

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
fzoom

usb help

Post by fzoom »

hi all seems im using the image writer but when i write the image to usb it seems to install but when i look at the usb nothin there im using xp. dont ask me to change usb sticks ive tried a 4gb and an 8gb . linux mint installs everytime to these sticks so why doesnt your image im baffled its like its a ghost image.
i notice the image writer n 4gb says not enough space but then if you read before write it accepts the image size but for me no android image appears on my usb
i get the android workin by throwin the froyo files directly oonto the usb stick but cant you guys write an image similar to linux mint that dont lose your internet settings as well each time you take out the usb and go back to original joggler.
im not critisizing just wonder if somethings a miss ...
regards
peter :roll:
russ333

Re: New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Twea

Post by russ333 »

re sub sonic. you have to install the server on your computer and configure it. There is a tutorial on there forum that is very helpful.
andyf

Post by andyf »

I have a server installed and fully configured, and can access it from my iPhone and iPad already, even from outside via port forwarding. What I cant seem to do is configure the server settings in my Joggler/Android client.

Are you saying that I need to configure the Joggler client on my server? I'm getting confused now!
russ333

Post by russ333 »

hold the button to get the settings tab displayed at the bottom of the page and change one of the used slots to your details. Its the button on the top of the screen with an arrow in a circle.
andyf

Post by andyf »

Result! Thanks for that, it was the missing part of the equation.
russ333

Post by russ333 »

Has anyone got utube or angry birds rio working on the new release. Downloads but will not install on mine.
sharpharp

Post by sharpharp »

Hi there,

Got this running fine from a USB memory stick, but I can't seem to get WIFI work using an external USB Sitecom WIFI plugged into the Joggler, can anyone help?

As the joggler has only one external USB slot, I have used a USB Hub, and attached the USB Android 2.2.2 Boot Stick and also connected a sitecom USB WIFI dongle. When Android boots up, how do I find out that it has picked up the attached sitecom usb wifi dongle?

I haven't a clue how to check or install drivers for devices attached to android, so any help would be appreciated.

P.S The internal WIFI of the joggler is too weak to pick up my WIFI connection, so hence why i'm trying to get this working with the USB sitecom wifi card.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

That setup wil never work - the version of Android you have is compiled to use the internal wireless card. Is your router wireless N? If not, you might want to upgrade it.
IanL

Post by IanL »

Hi everyone,

I dont know if you can help but I have tried over and over again to get Android running on my Joggler and have not managed to get past the O2 logo with any of my now about 8 attempts.

I have tried build 1.2.3 following the Wiki word for word, and now the 7th August release kindly created by jp_hero. I have used two different 4gb sticks and an 8gb stick but nothing seems to work for me, it just sticks on the O2 logo no matter how long I leave it.

Is there something I need to do to the Joggler first? I must be missing an important step as all of you seem to be off and away, tinkering with it and I have fallen at the first hurdle!

With the latest 7th August release that I have downloaded from the 1st post in this thread, what I did was take a 4GB FAT32 formatted USB stick and used disk imager on a Windows XP machine to burn the .img file on to the USB drive. It finishes without any errors but I put it in the Joggler and it just sticks on the O2 logo, like all the other images I have tried.

When I look at the contents of the stick, using Windows disk management, I can see that it has been partitioned as you would expect and has Android stuff in the first partition.

If someone that has it working could at least confirm what I am doing is correct then it would help, obviously if someone can see something I may be doing wrong it will help me even more!

Thanks guys,

Ian
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Will it boot Ubuntu from a USB stick?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hi ,
i had very similar issues , it ended up being the version of disk imager i was using , make sure it is version 0.3 you are using .
https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download
Also i found i had to do a full format not just the quick one before it would work .

Try creating an Ubuntu image from that thread no luck with the above just to see if you can actually boot something .

Good Luck
Gary
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Try flashing this image to your disc first http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1107587/bootsector.img then flash your Android image. Personally I recommend the previous release of Android - it runs a much wider selection of apps and is perfectly stable.
Last edited by dwl99 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanL

Post by IanL »

Hi dwl99 and Hawsey,

Thanks for your replies. I originally used disk imager 0.3 with the 1.2.3 build but got an error so I searched the forums and found that someone used 0.1 and managed to create the image so I switched to that but it didnt help me as my 4GB USB drive seemed to be a little smaller than the image. Since then I have been using an 8GB drive instead to see if I can get it working but I continued to use 0.1 since. Following your advice, I will give the latest image a go with 0.3 and then Ubuntu just to see if I can get it to boot into something other than the factory OS. If I have no joy then I will try this bootsector.img suggestion thanks, I will let you kow what solves the problem incase it can help others.

Ian
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I would try the bootsector.img first - it takes about 2 seconds to write to the drive & if it works you'll save a lot of time.
IanL

Post by IanL »

dwl99 wrote:I would try the bootsector.img first - it takes about 2 seconds to write to the drive & if it works you'll save a lot of time.
Hi, I am just trying that now. What is he pupose of this tiny bootsector image out of curiosity?

I full (not quick) formatted the drive with one FAT32 partition and then used v 0.3 of disk imager to write the bootsector thingy which completed instantly. I then tried to open (explore) the contents of the drive in Windows but it said get lost, the drive is not formatted - probably to be expected (I didn't format it, just left it as-is). I am now writing the 1.2.4 image over the top of the bootsector image but as I am at work at the mo so I wont be able to try it until this evening when I get home. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help with this.

Ian
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I'm not entirely sure how it works but I've found it very helpful in recovering several USB sticks that have been corrupted with bad flashes.
IanL

Post by IanL »

dwl99 wrote:I'm not entirely sure how it works but I've found it very helpful in recovering several USB sticks that have been corrupted with bad flashes.
I wish I had know that before I returned my 32GB Corsair GTR on Firday - that may have helped! Thanks.

The Android image has now been written. I will try it this evening.
Jonathan Bowley

Post by Jonathan Bowley »

this is probably a daft question, but i can't for the life in me figure it out...

both upnplay and 2player only detect one folder of music on my pc. i can't work out how to let the apps see all my music. any ideas as to where i'm going wrong?

also, are there any decent video players that are compatable? moboplayer and rockplayer aren't installing...
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I think you'll struggle to find a network video player for Android that works on the Joggler. If you're running Windows 7 you need to set up Windows Media Player to allow sharing of media and then tell it which folder the music library should scan. If you have a large music collection it can take a few hours for the library to be built up.
Jonathan Bowley

Post by Jonathan Bowley »

windows media player is already set up to share my music, and there are no options in either upnplay or 2player that affect this.

for example, i have shared my G:\ drive which has all my music and video stored on it. all the files and folders are shared. windows media player allows me to stream the music and video to my tv. when i try to connect using upnplay on the joggler, it allows me access to G:\My Pictures\Me & Mates\Gigs\SV400001.mp3 but not G:\My Music\Muse for example.

any idea why this might be happening?