o2 app radio stations stopped working

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
yugo

Re: o2 app radio stations stopped working

Post by yugo »

jkn wrote:and now ... it's stopped working again.

aargh!

Jon N
Still working for me. Something else must be causing the connection problem. I know I have got that in the past when the wifi drops.
Have you tried it with a network cable?
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

Did you happen to faff about with a config file that was meant to reduce crackly audio (as seen in the BBC iPlayer thread)?
I notice I accidentally applied a wrong config, and all internet stations claimed they couldn't connect.
I just undid that change and all came back again.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
jkn

Post by jkn »

Hi there

(apologies for the delayed replay... I've been out of the room ;-) )
vinnielo wrote:Did you happen to faff about with a config file that was meant to reduce crackly audio (as seen in the BBC iPlayer thread)?
I notice I accidentally applied a wrong config, and all internet stations claimed they couldn't connect.
I just undid that change and all came back again.
Hey, it looks like that might be the problem!

I did apply the change mentioned in the iplayer thread. FWIW I have one joggler connected to a USB soundcard, one not (it would be nice if the configuration was 'hot-pluggable', but never mind...). I had commented out the original settings, so my /etc/asound.conf looked like:

Code: Select all

pcm.!default {
   type hw
#   card 0
    card 1
}
ctl.!default {
   type hw
#   card 0
    card 1
}
I assume that one could use '#' to comment things out - maybe not?

Anyway, after reverting to internal soundcard via the PnP control panel, this joggler (no USB DAC) now has:

Code: Select all

pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
}
ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
}
And the Internet Radio seems to be working! ;-)

I will experiment with this a bit more. Thanks for the pointer.

Cheers
Jon N