SqueezePlay OS (Version 2) for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Imagewerx

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 2) for OpenFrame

Post by Imagewerx »

So can anyone give me a bit of help with this SSH thing please?
castalla

Post by castalla »

Install WinSCP on your PC. This will allow you to access the Joggler - list the filesystem - edit individual files.

You will need to edit the file asound.conf located in the /etc directory.

BUT

Have a look at this post:

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... dif#p22031
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

castalla wrote:Install WinSCP on your PC. This will allow you to access the Joggler - list the filesystem - edit individual files.

You will need to edit the file asound.conf located in the /etc directory.

BUT

Have a look at this post:

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... dif#p22031
Ok thanks for that,all switched on,SPDIF socket installed and a nice flashing red light behind it :mrgreen: .

But.........the what ever it was you gave me to get it working with Flirc,how do I use it/where do I put it?
castalla

Post by castalla »

You need to install the Flirc Gui program for Windows - you use this to load the cfg file and program your remote. You do all this on your PC with the flirc dongle attached to the PC. Then simply plug the flirc into the Joggler. Do a reboot. Your original Touch remote should work/

Get the Gui program from flirc.tv
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

castalla wrote:You need to install the Flirc Gui program for Windows - you use this to load the cfg file and program your remote. You do all this on your PC with the flirc dongle attached to the PC. Then simply plug the flirc into the Joggler. Do a reboot. Your original Touch remote should work/

Get the Gui program from flirc.tv
Thanks once again.So do I just load that file into the Flirc GUI and not program from my remote? If so I get volume up/down and play/pause working properly on the Joggler.On the Squeezebox,the forward and rewind buttons would give me track forward and track back or fast forward or rewind depending on how long I held them down for.Using it with the Joggler I only get fast forward and rewind.

Edit.....got that working,now it's only the main power/shutdown button that doesn't work.
castalla

Post by castalla »

I'm not sure of it works for other remotes - it works with the Touch remote. Just program the flirc dongle.

It basically just acts as a 'keyboard'. You can add commands by programming the remote directly using the gui program if you need to.

edit: correct. The power off doesn't work.
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

Ok thanks.Although it's not essential to have the power button working,this seems odd as it's included on the Flirc GUI?
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

Ok,mostly working now.I can't get it to automatically play the next track in a playlist.It only ever plays one at a time even though I've selected to play next.I have to do it manually every time,which isn't really ideal.

Also the time slider doesn't move when a track is playing and it doesn't show the elapsed and remaining times,unless I force it to a later position on the track from my phone,then it picks up the position to put the slider and the different times etc.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Go to settings in the LMS gui.

Select Player tab

Make sure the Play other songs is selected.

No idea about the time slider - does it work on the actual Joggler display?
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

castalla wrote:Go to settings in the LMS gui.

Select Player tab

Thanks for another answer,people will thing we've got a thing going on here :P !

You can never account for the numbnuts factor of accidentally pulling the power lead out while it's booting up.As well as what I mentioned,I also lost ALL audio from it.A quick reflash and it's all up and working again.
The only thing I can't get to work is a custom wallpaper.Did it the recommended way using LMS and it got as far as accepting the image,but I couldn't get it to save it to the Joggler.
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

Ignore that,found this......

To use one of your photos as your wallpaper:

1 Go to Settings > Image Viewer > Start Slideshow

2 When the photo you want to use is displayed, touch and hold the screen until a context menu is displayed

3 Select "use picture as wallpaper"
castalla

Post by castalla »

Imagewerx wrote:
castalla wrote:Go to settings in the LMS gui.

Select Player tab

Thanks for another answer,people will thing we've got a thing going on here :P !

There are so many settings to mess up !
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

ain't that the truth. I might finally start making a dump of a set up to save myself the agro each time.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Hi,
Just dusted off my Joggler to give this a go and it looks good. However, how do you manually configure the address of the LMS? Mine is on a different subnet (wired and wireless are firewalled apart), so the multicast/UDP autodiscover won't work, I need to manually add the server address (I have the same problem with Plex devices).
Cheers,
Steve
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

SteveC wrote:Just dusted off my Joggler to give this a go and it looks good. However, how do you manually configure the address of the LMS? Mine is on a different subnet (wired and wireless are firewalled apart), so the multicast/UDP autodiscover won't work, I need to manually add the server address (I have the same problem with Plex devices).
You'll need to do it from the command line, but it's pretty straightforward. Get the current IP address from Settings > Network (address is shown at the top) and then log in using PuTTY or other terminal app - username and password are 'joggler'. Then:

Code: Select all

sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
You should see something like:

# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
Whichever interface you're using (I'm going to assume wired (eth0) but the same applies for wireless (wlan0)) edit it to look like this:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.10
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
Obviously, leave your network name and key in there if you're on wireless and use addresses appropriate to your network. Then CTRL-X, say 'Y' to save, and just reboot.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

roobarb! wrote:
SteveC wrote:Just dusted off my Joggler to give this a go and it looks good. However, how do you manually configure the address of the LMS? Mine is on a different subnet (wired and wireless are firewalled apart), so the multicast/UDP autodiscover won't work, I need to manually add the server address (I have the same problem with Plex devices).
You'll need to do it from the command line, but it's pretty straightforward. Get the current IP address from Settings > Network (address is shown at the top) and then log in using PuTTY or other terminal app - username and password are 'joggler'. Then:

sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
You should see something like:

# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
Whichever interface you're using (I'm going to assume wired (eth0) but the same applies for wireless (wlan0)) edit it to look like this:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.10
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
Obviously, leave your network name and key in there if you're on wireless and use addresses appropriate to your network. Then CTRL-X, say 'Y' to save, and just reboot.
Thanks for the reply, but sorry, I meant can I manually enter the address of my existing LMS server into the Joggler client? (My Joggler is on the network fine, and so is the server (but on a different network) I don't want to use the server on the Joggler itself).
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

Settings > advanced > network > remote libraries
SteveC

Post by SteveC »