SqueezePlay OS (Version 2) for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
andyf

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 2) for OpenFrame

Post by andyf »

Have you got a USB wifi card installed in your Joggler? Might sound like a stupid question but I was tearing my hair out with a similar issue, until I discovered the 'betting shop' ebay Jogglers don't have Wifi cards.

Andy.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

andyf wrote:Have you got a USB wifi card installed in your Joggler? Might sound like a stupid question but I was tearing my hair out with a similar issue, until I discovered the 'betting shop' ebay Jogglers don't have Wifi cards.

Andy.
you're joking! Why on earth would they remove them?
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

dwl99 wrote:
andyf wrote:Have you got a USB wifi card installed in your Joggler? Might sound like a stupid question but I was tearing my hair out with a similar issue, until I discovered the 'betting shop' ebay Jogglers don't have Wifi cards.

Andy.
you're joking! Why on earth would they remove them?
Maybe they had them booting from a USB key installed in place of the card, that's what I do with SqPOS on my Joggler that runs LMS. Another possibility is removing any vectors for dodgy attacks on the terminals.
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Just checked mine, as I have not really used it yet, only to make sure it worked

(Mine does have a wifi card)
Jogglermaniac
andyf

Post by andyf »

Weird. both of mine are missing their wifi cards.
palindrom

Post by palindrom »

Andy.
Hi Andy mine (3 devices) do have a internal wifi card.
Did you open your joggler to check if the card is present (or do you just guess because there is no driver loaded)?
Last edited by palindrom on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

me too
palindrom

SqueezeOS (Version 2) for OpenFrame/O2: USBIP

Post by palindrom »

Hi all,

I installed USBIP on my joggler to share the USB device to other systems:
http://usbip.sourceforge.net/

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install usbip
Unfortunately its not working.
Both USBIPD (daemon) and USBIP (client) are reporting errors.
joggler@openframe:~$ sudo usbipd -D
usbip err: stub_driver.c: 33 (open_sysfs_stub_driver) usbip_common_mod.ko and usbip.ko must be loaded

** (process:2426): ERROR **: driver open failed
joggler@openframe:~$ sudo usbip --port
/sys/bus/platform/drivers/vhci_hcd is not found
load usbip_common_mod.ko and vhci-hcd.ko !
With reference to this thread: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/900384 the kernel needs to be changed.
The Ubuntu Kernel Team's config policy is to disable experimental options until it is requested they be enabled. Based on the information requested in this bug, I have enabled the following in the Precise 12.04 kernel:

CONFIG_USBIP_CORE=m
CONFIG_USBIP_HOST=m
CONFIG_USBIP_VHCI_HCD=m
Did anyone of you succeed installing USBIPD?
@roobarb!: Is there any chance to have those parameters enables in some future release of SqueezeOS?
roughlychiron

Post by roughlychiron »

Hi again, guys ..... ok, I am struggling a little bit with this .....

I have sqpos and LMS running on internal usb with ext hdd attached to ext usb .... I do most of my computing on a windows machine and want to simply add more music files via my network to the ext hdd on the joggler BUT ..... this is where my knowledge of Nfs or samba runs out ....

help please what are the simple steps to setting this up .....
palindrom

Post by palindrom »

roughlychiron wrote:Hi again, guys ..... ok, I am struggling a little bit with this .....

I have sqpos and LMS running on internal usb with ext hdd attached to ext usb .... I do most of my computing on a windows machine and want to simply add more music files via my network to the ext hdd on the joggler BUT ..... this is where my knowledge of Nfs or samba runs out ....

help please what are the simple steps to setting this up .....

I recommend using a ssh capable program like WinSCP http://winscp.net/
there is no need to struggle around width NFS an/or samba.
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

palindrom wrote:I recommend using a ssh capable program like WinSCP http://winscp.net/
there is no need to struggle around width NFS an/or samba.
I was going to suggest similar as a quick and simple option, however if it was me I would get Samba setup because then I could also use the files on my PCs and other devices and access them as a share directly with utilities like mp3tag.

Sadly I don't have any pointers for doing this as I don't use a drive connected to my Joggler.
Last edited by JimbobVFR400 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andi

Post by Andi »

I followed this guide and set up a share with guest access. Works a treat. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/i ... on-ubuntu/
And the tweaks from this to enable guest access http://amazingrando.wordpress.com/2007/ ... word-easy/
roughlychiron

Post by roughlychiron »

Great, thanx guys .... I tried winscp and whilst I was able to copy from the hdd attached to joggler so far I am denied permission to copy to the hdd ..... am I missing a simple thing?

will look at the other suggestions also ....

cheers
Andi

Post by Andi »

If logging in as a user, you'll need that user to 'own' the folder structure, else you can't write to it.
If you harddrive is mounted as /media/exthdd and the user is joggler the command would be:

Code: Select all

sudo chown -R joggler /media/exthdd
roughlychiron

Post by roughlychiron »

Tried your suggestion Andi ..... 'Operation not permitted' :-(
Andi

Post by Andi »

What file system is on your external HDD?
And if it's NTFS, have you installed and setup NTFS-3G or not?

(If not - there's your problem - Linux supports NTFS as read only. You need to add NTFS-3G from the apt-get repository and configure the drive to mount using that instead.. Will await your reply to give details though).
roughlychiron

Post by roughlychiron »

it's a 2tb reformatted to fat32 .... which I hoped would simplify everything lol
Andi

Post by Andi »

How have you mounted it? Did it do it automatically or did you add it to fstab ?
Actually never worked with FAT32 under Linux as the 4Gb is too limiting for me so have always used ext4 or NTFS! :-)
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Are you using winscp as sudo?
roughlychiron

Post by roughlychiron »

Andi - I think it mounted automatically as I simply plugged it into the side and browsed straight to it in LMS

ilovemyjoggler - I am a complete Linux noob and not quite sure what you mean ... I installed winscp on my PC and it connected to the joggler ok and will allow me to copy music from joggler to PC but not the other way around

clear as mud haha