Enable Telnet without USB Stick?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
ajc5000

Enable Telnet without USB Stick?

Post by ajc5000 »

Hi everyone,

I have 4 Jogglers and there great. I have sucessfully enabled telnet on 3 of them and these are now running Squeezeplay quite happily on the native OS.

Unfortunately I can’t enable telnet access on the 4th because none of the USB ports work. I have also tried the 2 additional internal ports available on the PCB, but I still can’t get it to boot the stick. I know the stick is fine because it works on my other Jogglers. This is really annoying because everything else (not wi-fi) works fine.

So is there another way to activate telnet?

I was thinking there might be a way to use the update program in the OS and get it to download and execute a custom script. If I run a wireshark session I should see the URL and filename it tries to download during the update. Once this is found I would only need to add this domain to my local DNS server and point it to a local web server containing the custom script.

I think this should work, but I don’t have a clue about how the Joggler updates work.

Does anyone have detailed information about how these updates work?

Many thanks