new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
DaveJoggler

Re: new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

Post by DaveJoggler »

jp_hero wrote:
DaveJoggler wrote: But is there anyway we automated the Market setup and make it more reliable/repeatable? Is it really not possible to have all the Market files in the install, apart from the last step of adding user account credentials?
Hi Dave. My new base image will combine Mijuu and Lindl's parts and then will add a lot of other tweaks and apps. It will be a usb image so flashing it should be easier as well. I will be trying to get the market to work once you have put your google details in. I will know in a few days whether this has worked.
Finally rebuilt my joogler stick, using the latest wiki instructions and alindl's system.img method.
The Market worked fine! :D I think the detailed wording about 'data' and 'cache' have improved or I've just read it properly!
So maybe we can leave the Market stuff in the new image as is.

I have a couple of questions though.

There are three 'installs' of Mijuus' build. I've been using the 'Froyo_Joggler_2.2.2_v1.2.3' with a USB stick partitioned using GParted.
What are the 'Internal' and 'USB' version for? I can kind of guess, but does the USB version allow a stick with no partitions to be used?

How are people configuring ClockSync when running on Wifi with Ethernet disabled?
I can't seem to get the clock sync'd reasonably soon after booting unless I set the update rate to 15 seconds, which seems a bit excessive!

Any news on the pimped up image?
jp_hero

Post by jp_hero »

DaveJoggler wrote: Finally rebuilt my joogler stick, using the latest wiki instructions and alindl's system.img method.
The Market worked fine! :D I think the detailed wording about 'data' and 'cache' have improved or I've just read it properly!
So maybe we can leave the Market stuff in the new image as is.

I have a couple of questions though.

There are three 'installs' of Mijuus' build. I've been using the 'Froyo_Joggler_2.2.2_v1.2.3' with a USB stick partitioned using GParted.
What are the 'Internal' and 'USB' version for? I can kind of guess, but does the USB version allow a stick with no partitions to be used?

How are people configuring ClockSync when running on Wifi with Ethernet disabled?
I can't seem to get the clock sync'd reasonably soon after booting unless I set the update rate to 15 seconds, which seems a bit excessive!

Any news on the pimped up image?
I have not used the other versions of Mijuus build, guess I'll give them a whirl and see if it can speed up the whole installation process.
The Android Market contains a newer version of Clock Sync that contains more settings if your device has root. I am still having to run clock sync after every reboot. I am looking into automating this.
Lastly my new images will be along later this week. Watch this space!
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero
kokee

Post by kokee »

I have just setup my joggler for the first time with android but im having issues with youtube its very slow and jerky even when i take it off HQ. Any suggestions or is this how it is on android?
DaveJoggler

Post by DaveJoggler »

kokee wrote:I have just setup my joggler for the first time with android but im having issues with youtube its very slow and jerky even when i take it off HQ. Any suggestions or is this how it is on android?
Same for me. We don't have a working port of Flash for this Joggler Android build. If we do this will make the Joggler a killer device!!
DaveJoggler

Post by DaveJoggler »

jp_hero wrote: I have not used the other versions of Mijuus build, guess I'll give them a whirl and see if it can speed up the whole installation process.
The Android Market contains a newer version of Clock Sync that contains more settings if your device has root. I am still having to run clock sync after every reboot. I am looking into automating this.
Lastly my new images will be along later this week. Watch this space!
Thanks for the clock sync tip! It works perfectly now, syncs as soon as Wifi established with the latest version.
Which raises a question about the 'preinstalled' apps. The Market didn't 'know' I had ClockSync installed and never offered me an update.

Is there a way to have our pre-installed apps in the 'pimped' version be checked for updates? or is it not possible because they are not installed by the Market App?
jp_hero

Post by jp_hero »

DaveJoggler wrote:
Thanks for the clock sync tip! It works perfectly now, syncs as soon as Wifi established with the latest version.
Which raises a question about the 'preinstalled' apps. The Market didn't 'know' I had ClockSync installed and never offered me an update.

Is there a way to have our pre-installed apps in the 'pimped' version be checked for updates? or is it not possible because they are not installed by the Market App?
There are several ways of getting market links to work again. Titanium pro and mybackup pro can re-establish market links. I will look into this once people start using the new images.
The pimped version is really going to be for new users who want a taste of how great the Joggler can be, the Vanilla build will be for people who want to install their own stuff.
No doubt there will lots of complaints/problem once the images are public, we shall see what can be fixed.
koalauk

Post by koalauk »

Thanks to everyone who made this possible :)

I know from the previous forum there were alot of question with regards to IP camera monitor

With this Android from the market searc for IP Cam Viewer Basic by Robert Chou this one works like a charm I can control all my foscams with it :)

Excellent, By the way I cant believe how fast and responsive this android build :) Very very very pleased :)
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

If anyone's looking for a good media streaming app to fill the gap left by Squeezeplay, I've found that upnplay from the Market is pretty good.
IanL

Post by IanL »

Hi guys, I have done a search and not found the solution but I am new to hacking the joggler, want to get Android working and have been following the Wiki but without any success unfortunately. I am doing this from a Windows PC with a 4GB USB drive.

First attempt was to use the prebuilt image "android-joggler-empty-partitions-4gb.img" using Disk Imager 0.3 but I got an error saying it wouldn't fit on the stick.

Second attempt: I then searched the forums and found that Disk Imager 0.1 may work so I tried that and it got to 96% of the installation and failed - sorry I dont remember why. Anyway, I found that despite it failing I had more than one partition. An ANDROID one, one of an Unknown format (I assume Ext2 partition) and the rest was just unallocated space (I think). I copied the Mjuu build into the Android partition and the Alindl system.image into the ANDROID partition, ANDROID folder (to get the market working) and plugged it in but no joy unfortunately.

Third attempt: I created a gparted live boot CD and followed all the defaults options (key map etc.) as it booted up - not knowing what I am doing! but ending up with a very nice utility where I deleted all existing partitions and created three primary partitions (should they be primary? It doesnt say in the wiki). I created a 1GB ANDROID FAT32, a 1GB DATA ext2 and the remaining space I allocated to a partition called SD as FAT32. I then copied Mjuu's Android image (from 22nd July so I assume it was his 1.2.3 and not the new 1.2.4) into the ANDROID partition, copied the Alindl system.image into the ANDROID partition, ANDROID folder (to get the market working) and plugged it in but again, no joy with it refusing to get any further than the O2 logo, even if I leave it for a few hours.

Fourth attempt: I copied mjuu's system.img back over the top of Alindl's in the ANDROID partition, ANDROID folder to put it back to the standard Mjuu image in case they were conflicting versions or something and plugged it in but again, no joy, stuck on the O2 logo

I must be doing something daft. I'm willing to try anything - has anyone any ideas what key step I am cocking up? I would like to get this working.

Thanks,

Ian
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

You actually need an 8GB stick for the 4GB image to fit comfortably!
koalauk

Post by koalauk »

I am running this android on my 2gb non sdhc card no problem !
IanL

Post by IanL »

dwl99 wrote:You actually need an 8GB stick for the 4GB image to fit comfortably!
I agree, that may have been a better option but as the SD partition just fills whatever the remaining space is, that should not cause a problem with me booting should it? The ANDROID and DATA partitions are all 1GB as suggested.
Andy Mark

Auto-turn off screen after 1 min. ?

Post by Andy Mark »

1. How do I make the Joggler turn off the screen after a short time (1 min.) :?:

My screen is always on.....?

I am trying "Screen timeout" in Settings but it changes nothing (I still only get the minor auto-dimming after 10 sek.)

:arrow: A method that turns the screen 100% off is prefured.

(I'am using the custom Android 2.2.1 Build by asantaga....yes, I know ;) - works great for me with Pandora from Denmark !)

By the way:

2. The Android build's run a UK version of Market, how do I access the US Market on the Joggler: I whant to install 'Pandora Radio' from Market - how ?

3. Is there a way to run Squeezeplay under Android; worked for me with Ubuntu.

Thanks.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

1. Try an app called Market Enabler to fool the device into thinking you are in the US.
2. Squeeze Player will never run on the Joggler due to the type of CPU it has (x86). I emailed the dev and he has no plans to compile a compatible version. Squeezeplay is the only thing stopping Android being perfect on my Joggler. I'm currently running Upnplay as an alternative and it's not bad.
Andy Mark

Post by Andy Mark »

dwl99 wrote:1. Try an app called Market Enabler to fool the device into thinking you are in the US.
2. Squeeze Player will never run on the Joggler due to the type of CPU it has (x86). I emailed the dev and he has no plans to compile a compatible version. Squeezeplay is the only thing stopping Android being perfect on my Joggler. I'm currently running Upnplay as an alternative and it's not bad.
OK. I will try that; thanks a lot dwl99.
danjog2

Post by danjog2 »

Hi
In case I missed it is there a pimped - ready to rock image of Android 2.2.2 available yet?

If not it sounds like a great idea.
jp_hero

Post by jp_hero »

danjog2 wrote:Hi
In case I missed it is there a pimped - ready to rock image of Android 2.2.2 available yet?

If not it sounds like a great idea.
Yes sure is a newer version. We took the new image (1.2.4) from Mijuu added Google apps and then tweaked it a bit.
There are three versions in a new thread here http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=196 read my first post and decide which version you want.
Some people are saying that 1.2.3 is more stable and more apps are installable so I would suggest trying it on a different stick first.
danjog2

Post by danjog2 »

Thaks very much, gonna give that a go now.
jaivuk

Post by jaivuk »

Hi guys, anybody tried to make some Microphone work together with some VOIP app such as Sipdroid?
;)
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I've made a disk image of Android 2.2 v1.2.3. It has been shrunk to 3.5GB so it should fit on all those undersized 4GB USB drives out there. If the Market doesn't work try the "market fix" as previously described. I think that this version of Android is better than 1.2.4 as it is more stable and will allow a wider variety of apps to run. You can download it from http://www.mediafire.com/?wotjcjzybv4w4 - sorry, but I needed to split it into 12 files to upload it.