new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

Post by hawsey »

mikeywilliams wrote:
hawsey wrote:
mikeywilliams wrote:Sound out problem:

The sound output socket at the back does not provide any output - all I get is a crackling sound and the internal speaker is not cut off.

Is this just my problem or does android not manage the sound hardware correctly?

Any way of fixing it.

BTW - Works fine in the built in joggler OS
I have the same issue here Mikey, no sound or mute when headphones are plugged in on this latest build it worked fine on the first build , I can remember using headphones on that build.
Can anyone else confirm this issue ?hopefully easy fixed.
Did you use the chineese build from Asantagas link and adjust for English or did you use the Alindl method ? just in case that has something to do with it . :D
Thanks. Glad it isnt just me.
Would be nice to get it sorted.
Happy Joggling
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

hawsey wrote:
mikeywilliams wrote:
The sound output socket at the back does not provide any output - all I get is a crackling sound and the internal speaker is not cut off.

Is this just my problem or does android not manage the sound hardware correctly?

Any way of fixing it.

BTW - Works fine in the built in joggler OS
I have the same issue here Mikey, no sound or mute when headphones are plugged in on this latest build it worked fine on the first build , I can remember using headphones on that build.
Can anyone else confirm this issue ?hopefully easy fixed.
I used the Alindl image.
If anyone who didn't use that image please confirm if the output sound socket is working please.
I used the Alindl image.

Did you use the chineese build from Asantagas link and adjust for English or did you use the Alindl method ? just in case that has something to do with it . :D
Thanks. Glad it isnt just me.
Would be nice to get it sorted.[/quote][/quote]
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Has anyone found a radio streaming app that works? The only one I've found is an old version of Resco Radio (latest version does not work on the Joggler) but the list of stations is quite limited. Tune In (RadioTime) also doesn't work.

Also, has anyone managed to get beebplayer to work? Mine has yet to successfully stream anything :-(
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

dwl99 wrote:Has anyone found a radio streaming app that works? The only one I've found is an old version of Resco Radio (latest version does not work on the Joggler) but the list of stations is quite limited. Tune In (RadioTime) also doesn't work.

Also, has anyone managed to get beebplayer to work? Mine has yet to successfully stream anything :-(
Nope. I tried every radio app I could find.
Resco only found World Service and Radio London.
No beebplayer worked - just sat at buffering.
That and the non functioning sound out are the two main defects in an otherwise excellent system.
The Moon ebook reader is excellent BTW.
As is doggcatcher for podcasts.
yugo

Post by yugo »

Beebplayer streams fine for me using wireless connection. Havent tried any other radio streaming apps.
Have no sound output from jack either.
photize

Post by photize »

FLASH VIDEO ON ANDROID JOGGLER
Hi for those who are interested skyfire has installed on the latest from the app shop and works , I have played live video from livestation.com they also have a free tryout and a test page http://www.skyfire.com/en/support/video-site-check maybe a bit limited but if nescessary only 2.00 euros to buy !!! I'll keep playing
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Mikey,
I used alindl image too, can anyone who is using the chineese link asantaga posted see if their sound jack mutes / outputs sound ok please.

Also beeb app (radio) is streaming fine over wi fi ( buffers for 30 secs ish first tho ) i used the link in this thread to download it though if that makes a difference.
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I hadn't tried audio streaming, only video. Anyone got beebplayer to stream video?
yugo

Post by yugo »

Ah you meant video streams, doesn't work for me either.
nigelh

Post by nigelh »

dwl99 wrote:Has anyone found a radio streaming app that works? The only one I've found is an old version of Resco Radio (latest version does not work on the Joggler) but the list of stations is quite limited. Tune In (RadioTime) also doesn't work.
(
The latest version of resco radio free worked fine for me. UK radio (lite) works ok, but i don't think beeb channels are included.
markrs

Cifs manager

Post by markrs »

Has anyone managed to get cifs manager downloaded via android market as it wont display for me and when I use the web version it states that the joggler (which comes up as an unknown device) is not compatible with cifs manager?
EDIT: Working now as I forgot to do the force stop and wipe cache for market and frameworks. DOH!

Ok now I can install apps, however cifs manager still doesn't work, even though with the same settings it works on my htc desire. Anyone else had this problem?
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

I have tried installing the original image to see if that has the audio jack problem.

Never done this before, and mine is stuck on the "O2" screen.

I created 3 partitions (all logical - not extended or primary - is this right?) of 1G, 1G, 6G for android, data and sdcard.

I copied the original image into the first partition so that it had grub.cfg at the top level and a subdirectory called android.

That did not boot so then I tried copying the "easy_to_use usb..." zip contents on top. It failed because it ran out of space ... is this really necessary? Looking at it, it seems to have images that are used if someone doesn't have a partitioned USB disk?

Any clues where I've gone wrong ... should the partitions not be "logical" partitions?

Will post back about the headphone jack once installed!
nigelh

Post by nigelh »

rivergo1d wrote:I have tried installing the original image to see if that has the audio jack problem.

Never done this before, and mine is stuck on the "O2" screen.

I created 3 partitions (all logical - not extended or primary - is this right?) of 1G, 1G, 6G for android, data and sdcard.

I copied the original image into the first partition so that it had grub.cfg at the top level and a subdirectory called android.

That did not boot so then I tried copying the "easy_to_use usb..." zip contents on top. It failed because it ran out of space ... is this really necessary? Looking at it, it seems to have images that are used if someone doesn't have a partitioned USB disk?

Any clues where I've gone wrong ... should the partitions not be "logical" partitions?

Will post back about the headphone jack once installed!

There is no need to partition your usb stick. All you need to do is format the usb stick. Extract the android zip file on it. Then extract the easy to use zip file over that.All the partitions are .img files in the zip files. These are then mounted by grub.cfg. <-- I have not tried this with the original version though

Or write the empty image file to the usb disk and copy the version to the android partition.
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

Thanks, if I want to make full use of my 8Gb stick, do I need to do anything with the default images which I presume are for 4Gb?
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Just flash the empty partition image, copy the downloaded files into the FAT32 partition then boot the Joggler. After it has booted, close it down, remove the USB stick & stick it into a Linux machine. Then use gparted to grow the last partition. Or you could boot your PC from a Ubuntu Live CD & use gparted that way.
gegs

Post by gegs »

Gparted also has a Live CD version that has a minimal Debian distro plus Gparted. I always keep it handy; once you know how to use Gparted you will find it useful more often than you imagined.
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

Button Savior.
The Home key works well but not the menu key.
Has anybody got it to work?
Would be useful in full screen apps which hide the status bar.
Read somewhere that it might be to do with Root permissions
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

Can confirm that the original image also has no sound from the output jack
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I uploaded a zipped file that works a few posts ago
alindl

Post by alindl »

rivergo1d wrote:Can confirm that the original image also has no sound from the output jack
Im not sure whats different, but mine works fine out of the output jack.