new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
dwl99

Re: new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

Post by dwl99 »

Has anyone found a media player that will handle streaming mp4 & avi files? Most of the usual players like moboplayer, rockplayer & qqplayer won't install on the Joggler. Upnplayer is very good at showing my dlna-shared files though!
pete

Post by pete »

I've some issues. I can install some from Android Market. I installed Pandora yesterday; and it appears to work; yet I get no sound with it. I am also unable to install Adobe Flash nor Opera.

Anyone having any luck with Flash?
Last edited by pete on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Flash won't work on the Joggler. Ever.
I've never been able to get Opera to install either but Dolphin HD works very well.
Pandora will not work outside the USA due to licensing problems.
pete

Post by pete »

Thanks dwl; guess I will quite trying to install flash. I have some HA screens which utilize some flash objects. I'm running a made for Android touch screen application. I use another server to create and design the screens then upload them to the Joggler running the application.

I'm near Chicago and use Pandora with the Chumby's (modded of course). Funny cuz running the Joggler in its native OS I get all of the radio stations from your side of the pond.

I have flash running on the Ubuntu 11.04 image. Just wanted to give the Android image a try.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
jp_hero

Post by jp_hero »

Adobe have not made a version of Flash for x86 variants of Android. In the Linux world x86 processors are the norm. Hence Adobe having a version of Flash.
The whole x86 thing really hinders the Android on the Joggler thing.
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

I've worked out how I nobbled my wifi so it would never start on boot- it seems to me if you EVER click on airplane mode, then your image is changed such that wifi mode will never start without manual intervention. For em at least. Solution for me is to wipe the DATA image and start again (not as painful for me as it may sound).

I know the wifi chip is not great - but anyone got a solution to the joggler not automatically reconnecting to a wifi network once it has dropped out? I have disabled ethernet etc but I find I need to go in and manually toggle the wifi.
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

Can anyone advise how the original image has been made?

I would like to put my android OS for my joggler onto a larger USB drive, and also want to save the current image I have incase I ever need to back up as it works very well....

how do I get the files from my USB drive into an ISO image??
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

use win32 diskimager to backup current stick
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
pete

Post by pete »

Thank-you jp_hero. I didn't know about flash/android/intel. I do recall sometime last year having an issue with Flash with Debian Linux / Arch linux on the Seagate Dockstar (SheevaPlug) (Arm CPU).

Its time for Adobe to wake up.

Don't know though. MS not too long ago reflected a bit about eliminating flash in their upcoming OS's; following apple's footprints?
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I think my android 123image is broken, i can still get on to market with limited apps, but on startup loads of things are force closing and my other apps wont open when selecting.
I have tried the market fix but to no avail.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated before i have to rebuild.
thx
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Best plan is to do a titanium backup, format the DATA partition in a Linux machine then restore the user apps with titanium backup. Almost a rebuild!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Even titanium wont work, it says the applalication has stopped unexpectedly and force close box comes up. About all you can use is the browser and market lets you browse the limited apps left to us but not install. Could there be a box that just needs ticked or something simple like that?
Thanks for the help
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Market is now broken for X86. You could try Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Titanium Backup - Force Stop then Clear Data. Then try running Titanium Backup again. If it still won't run then you're looking at a rebuild :-(

It's a good idea to make an image of your Android USB stick once in a while as an insurance policy! Especially as there is no Clockworkmod backup for the Joggler.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

DWL99 I Totally missed your apps pack (d/loading now) thanks. I have to agree regarding the builds, my 1.2.3 build broke after being very stable for a couple of months so i tried 1.2.4 , initialy i was very impressed and a lot of thought has gone in to this build ; but unfortunately it is not stable and keeps crashing so i am back off to 1.2.3 Would it be possible to set up a joggler android repository for working apps? Or maybee just add to your pack, what do you think ?

Sorry to double post but i think the thread for the 1.2.3 Build was disappearing and this is where my post really belongs ;)
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I've started a new unified Android thread at http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 4537#p4537 - the duplication on the 2 threads was doing my head in :twisted:
Can I suggest that all future posts relating to Android are posted there?
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

drrodmoore wrote:
one thing which it would be good to know if anyone has got round. There is a Radio App (Resco radio) that i have been using the free version of. The paid version allegedly let you play BBC radio stations. I have beebplayer, but like to have all radio in one app. The paid verison if only cheap but if i try and install from market it fails the compatibility check and wont install. how do I get round this?
Isn't the version of resco radio included in the apps folder the paid version?

I'm interested in this also as I'd like to get BBC radio ulster, it shows in the list when I search, but an error pops up saying it cant find the stream or something along those lines.

this is very confusing i think this is rom another thread???
bally3

Post by bally3 »

Hi is there any way to VNC or remote into the android build?

I love everything about this version but the ability to remote into the device would be extremely useful. So far all the VNC solutions I have found that will install cannot allow the server to run.

Much appreciated :)
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

A quick look on Android Market turned up this: http://tinyurl.com/6nfmj7m - was this one of the ones you had tried?
bally3

Post by bally3 »

Yes I have, Im not at my Joggler right now to loot at the error but Im sure the server wont start. I'll try it again tonight and post up the error.

This is the only function missing from my Joggler that I would really use, works great on the linux distros but I prefer Android for my Joggler :)