new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
dwl99

Re: new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

Post by dwl99 »

I posted a clock sync fix a few posts back that works well with nolock.
dwl99 wrote:Woo hoo, I got it fixed! The problem (on my Joggler at any rate) was the system time. To fix it, make sure the auto setting for time & date is unticked under Settings. Next open Clock Sync & perform a sync. Then set it to auto-sync every 15 minutes. Market & Gmail now connect every time!
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

Any idea why, on my joggler at least, it no longer switches on wifi, or clock sync, on bootup? I'm sure it used to ....
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

Thanks for advice on VNC server options, none worked. Remote web desktop looked promising but I couldn't connect in either of the modes.
markrs

Post by markrs »

If you want to see your android joggler on your PC there are instructions here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/42491/ho ... oid-phone/ not sure if it works as it is for android phones but for those interested might be worth a try.
markrs

flac

Post by markrs »

I notice that flac does not play. I know it works on my HTC desire but I am using CM7, is there any way to get it working on the android joggler?
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

Am still trying to get wifi to turn on after it reboots - I have disabled ethernet but it is still broken. Am currently trying an autostart script in /data/opt/autostart.sh with the autostart app "netcfg wlan0 up" but still no luck ...
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

rivergo1d wrote:Am still trying to get wifi to turn on after it reboots - I have disabled ethernet but it is still broken. Am currently trying an autostart script in /data/opt/autostart.sh with the autostart app "netcfg wlan0 up" but still no luck ...
I had exactly the same issue, tried everything or so i thought, i even tried the wifi fix app designed for the zte blade which re connects wifi on startup, its on the market , this does work by the way.
I still wasn't happy as clocksync was not automatic so i re read the wiki/thread posts ; it turned out to be very simple.
In ethernet settings there is a green tick which seems to indicate ethernet is off, this is not the case, untick the box so you have no green ticks in the ethernet set up page and that is it ;
You then need to configure the clock sync as per previous posts.
Hope this helps
Gary :)
Happy Joggling
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

Thanks, my ethernet box is definitely still unticked. I have even tried toggling it each way, nothing works. I think it is something I have installed or configured, so will do a clean install once I have finished playing with my new toy and know what apps I want.
nxsfan

Post by nxsfan »

My Joggler sat gathering dust for a long time, but last night I installed Mijuu's build, plus Alindi's system.img. I'm very impressed, it runs beautifully. I was very happy to see pandora works perfectly right off the bat, but it's a shame that I can't get netflix to install.

I was wondering if we could make a page on the wiki dedicated to apps that work well and are recommended by other users? Unless I missed one already.

For me so far:

Good:
Beautiful Widgets - Home screen weather widget - runs beautifully.
Pandora - Radio - Perfect
AllRecipes.com Dinner Spinner - Recipe App - Perfect
SwiftFTP - FTP - OK, seems to freeze the device occasionally.

Bad:
Tune In Radio - Invalid Package
Netflix (Hacked from XDA, and market) - Application not installed.
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

you mean this one ;-)
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/Status_ ... plications

Perhaps we should move it somewhere more visible, feel free to add the above apps..

mmm must get beautiful widgets.. people rave about it... :-)
Angelo
photize

Post by photize »

dwl99 wrote:Has anyone found a radio streaming app that works? The only one I've found is an old version of Resco Radio (latest version does not work on the Joggler) but the list of stations is quite limited. Tune In (RadioTime) also doesn't work.

Also, has anyone managed to get beebplayer to work? Mine has yet to successfully stream anything :-(
the ANDROID media player plays radio great , enjoy
photize

Post by photize »

Hi has anyone got. Tor woking in the app Orbot. Loads and runs fine but doesn't connect please advise D
photize

Post by photize »

Just to let you know ADvanced Task Manager in market works its the nuts turns off all running progs you tick D :)
sero13

Post by sero13 »

I've been running this for a week now and its totally revitalised my Joggler! Was running the previous Froyo build but it was too buggy for everyday use so its good to bring it out of storage again!

I have been streaming music from my ReadyNAS with Upnp Play and it also picks up the videos I'm sharing as well but I couldn't get rockplayer or vplayer to install. I've since changed to 2Player as the layout is much nicer, however Upnp Play is good to keep in mind if we get videos working.

From the recommendation of the Status of Android Applications list I got Photo Slides (which was difficult to find in the market) which works like a charm!

I did try to install Zeam launcher but it seemed to give me lots of system force close errors so I had to reinstall the image from fresh. ADW worked for me after changing the orientation from auto to landscape (I'm too cheap even to buy VTL!).

Super mega thanks to everyone whos worked on this! This is what I wanted when I first bought my Joggler a year ago!
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

photize wrote:
dwl99 wrote:Has anyone found a radio streaming app that works? The only one I've found is an old version of Resco Radio (latest version does not work on the Joggler) but the list of stations is quite limited. Tune In (RadioTime) also doesn't work.

Also, has anyone managed to get beebplayer to work? Mine has yet to successfully stream anything :-(
the ANDROID media player plays radio great , enjoy

Which Android Media Player - and does it play the BBC radio stations?
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

All,

I've been speaking to jp_hero on twitter and was wondering.. is there a need to create another image (like alindi) fully pimped up?? Obviously the market will need to be installed afterwards but it could have a bunch of apps preinstalled..

What apps would make sense?

Im thinking LauncherPro (i like it :-)
a Weather widget
a clock widget (maybe the htc sense one)
beebplayer
photo slides.
18-Jul-2011 : Added
DNLA player (perhaps Plugplayer)
More alarm sounds

what else is on peoples wish list?

or are we ok as we are, and people install the apps they need from the market?
Last edited by asantaga on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Angelo
aamp

Post by aamp »

If there's a good DLNA based player out there - people mostly seem to use the Joggler to stream music (and BBC iPlayer).

Oh, and has the clock got more alarm sounds in it now? Last time I tried there was only one!

aamp.

PS. Thanks for all the work you're putting in Angelo :-)
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

thanks Aamp, added your suggestions to my posting.
Angelo
Winterhasarrived

Post by Winterhasarrived »

I have Plugplayer working, which plays supports DLNA and remote control from another android device. Unfortunately it’s a bit buggy – devices aren’t always discovered and it clips the end of songs but it’s ok I guess.

Something which allows remote control of the joggler to play music from a server would be spot on if anyone can find anything.
nigelh

Post by nigelh »

aamp wrote:If there's a good DLNA based player out there - people mostly seem to use the Joggler to stream music (and BBC iPlayer).

)
UPnPlay, 2Player and Andromote work for me.